Cerina -- Alliance Ban Appeal

Cerina -- Alliance Ban Appeal

by Pronator » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:28 am

To whom it may concern:

My name is Pronator, guild leader of Alliance side <Vintage>. Today, one of our raiders, Cerina, was permanently banned from the Nostalrius servers. I am here today to comment on this unfair ban. Basically, long story short, here is what happened.

Cerina noticed that the Darkmoon Faire vendor who has many different items (dreamfoil, scrolls, etc.) was selling his items that he knew could be auctioned for more than the vendor buyout. Apparently the server side had set the respawn rate to 2 minutes. So he spent a little bit of time today and bought out some of the items. He then went on to resell the items on the auction house.

This is all that happened today. Today a GM ported him to GM Island and "interrogated" him for 30 minutes trying to threaten him to give up the people that abused this 2 minute spawn timer. Then the unbelievable happened, he told us he got a permanent ban for such a silly offense. So why would Cerina get a ban for an issue that was server side related. Even with this "server side" issue, how are we to know that 2 minute respawn is not what was intended? A perma ban for this!?!? Could you please unban Cerina and fix the issue on your side before beating up others who see the same vendor issue (still on live...). I understand this is a private server but the way this handled was just completely unacceptable. The GM that interrogated Cerina said, and I quote:
Complete cooperation can change the sanction. I need to be very clear on that point sir.

If there is something missing please let me know, but from our side, this is 100% unfair and should have resulted in only a warning to Cerina if anything. I still feel that if the issue lay on the server side itself, people don't necessarily know what the respawn timer should actually be.
A - Warning: For minor infringements. A warning is first given to inform a player about the rules and warn him about future sanctions. Warnings remain in the players record.

We love playing on this server and would love you to reconsider the ban. Any help is much appreciated!!

Thanks Much,

Pronator
GM of <Vintage>
Pronator
Tester

Re: Cerina -- Alliance Ban Appeal

by Arucado » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:31 pm

Cerina, your account has been banned for exploiting a bug.

Feel free to lvl a new character.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by TheNIF » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:38 pm

Uhh, what the hell is the problem even? That he bought an item every 2 minutes? What is the respawn timer supposed to be and how the hell is anyone supposed to know that?

How in the hell is this even a bannable offense?
TheNIF
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Aniva » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:45 pm

Bump #roguelivesmatter, 12 hour pvp days by this guy. Tom Brady got 4 games.

As a guildie in Vintage with Cerina and only knowing him for a few months now,I know he didn't do This to hurt the server. This guy has missed one raid and he wakes up to raid with us on our USA server schedule.he pvp's at least 10 hours a day.hes a good guy just speaking about the person. I played vanilla but this is a private server with a huge population. I would of thought the respawn timers where meant to be that way. It's no different then people buying cooking and first aid trainers books and selling them for double the price. A week ban sure I can see that. Taking all the items and gold he made from it sure that's fair. But to take away this guys dream of hitting rank 14 is kinda cruel. This is your fault for releasing a flawed vendor. Please unban cerina.
Last edited by Aniva on Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
60 Druid-Aniva
60 Warrior-Frogsauce
Aniva
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Lardin » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:50 pm

how is this worth more than warning, seriously? chinese wintraders afking and botting as they please but when somebody wastes half a day buying stuff from a vendor without even knowing it isnt intended he gets permabanned?

GG nost GMs you are fuckign useles
保卫马厩 贸易胜 赚美元
DEFEND STABRU TRADE WINS EARN DORRARS
Lardin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Mortadela » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:55 pm

Unban people banned for this and ban your gms.
Mortadela
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by dmsephiroth » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:59 pm

Pls give this player a warning only !

Ive heard of many players who got problems with this, even a guild member and he only bought only 1x something of this npc...pls fix your npcs before +banning+ people like blizzard did in the past ! They never banned anyone for buying stuff at a npc.
dmsephiroth
Sergeant
Sergeant

by teekanc » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:01 pm

Banned for being a narc. SUWU
teekanc
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Noxm » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:07 pm

This ban and this ban : https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=18793 seem not fair.
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by fuffi » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:22 pm

hey cerina,
we chatted at dmf yesterday. yeah. im this guy https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=18793.
i am (almost) at a loss for words here. lets hope they remedy the situation
fuffi
Tester

Next

Return to Account issues