Please help! Password discrepancy.

Please help! Password discrepancy.

by Goonzie » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi, I'm posting this for a friend because she's been at work and doesn't have access to the forums.

She changed her password in game yesterday afternoon using the in-game password prompt. After changing her password, she logged out to make sure it worked. The game will not let her login, but she can log in to the website using her new password.

When attempting to login to the game, she gets two different errors. First is the unable to connect error. Second is the account closed/ban error. She has tried both old and new passwords in game and neither works. But, she can login to her account management page on the site. Could an admin please look into her account? Or at least push a password reset email to the registered email?

Character name: Monikaqt, level 32 human priest.
Goonzie
Private
Private

Re: Please help! Password discrepancy.

by Gazpy » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:17 pm

she needs to write the password properly or it soft bans her acc for 15 minutes
Oh my good dog!
Gazpy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Goonzie » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:49 pm

She knows how to type. I was having the same problem, it was giving me the "unable to connect" error and then the "your account has been closed error" but it let me on after a while.

Thanks!
Goonzie
Private
Private

by Radius » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:06 am

Greetings Goonzie,

Too many unsuccessful logins will temporarily ban the IP you're trying to login from and give you the "account closed" error. It expires after roughly 15 minutes. Your friend can try logging in again after the temporary ban is lifted. She can also refer to the sticky threads in the Support forum as they mention several possible solutions to try for entering account name and password.

Regards,
GM Radius
Please be sure to check out the announcements board for updates to our terms of use, FAQs, staff activity, and more!
Radius
Game Master
Game Master

by Goonzie » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:17 am

Thanks for the reply but that's absolutely not the problem. She hasn't tried since yesterday, tried when coming back from work today, still says she's banned and/or unable to connect.

Could you at least confirm she's in fact, not banned? We've tried absolutely everything.

Thanks.
Goonzie
Private
Private

by Radius » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:39 am

I confirmed in your other thread the account associated with character name "Monikaqt" has never been banned.
https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 61#p121548
Please be sure to check out the announcements board for updates to our terms of use, FAQs, staff activity, and more!
Radius
Game Master
Game Master

Return to Account issues