Account closed (temp ban?)

Account closed (temp ban?)

by Helicity » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:48 am

The account with the character "Chillpill" has been closed as of today (was fine last night). This is not reflected on the main page of Nostalrius (to which I can log in with no problems), so I assume it is some sort of automatic temporary account closure. I do not know what could have prompted this, but I do know that my brother, who plays on the same wifi as me, has the same problem due to too many wrong password attempts. He was told to try to reset his password through the Nost website but is unable to since he gets a message saying that it can't be done because the account was used recently. Please explain why my account has been closed, and if possible, unblock it ASAP as I am currently trying to rank in PvP. Thank you.
Helicity
Tester

Re: Account closed (temp ban?)

by AverageJoe » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:11 pm

The "brother" strikes again!

No seriously, if you guys are both on the same IP and he fails to login too many times, the server temporarily bans your IP from logging in. Wait for it to expire in like 15 minutes and try again. And yeah, account passwords can only be reset when the account has been inactive for 10 or more days.
AverageJoe
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Re: Account closed (temp ban?)

by Helicity » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:51 am

You were right Joe, account is fine now. :P
Helicity
Tester

Return to Account issues