Account banned

Account banned

by lasttravel » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:46 am

Dear GM,

One of my friend was banned a few days ago.

He talked with GM online and was told that his account was banned because account hacking. While he told me that his nephew sometimes plays his account, this could be validated by checking his account different login IP address. I felt sad because I didn't tell him that sharing account is not allowed in this sever before this tragedy happend, and he was extremely regret about his behavior.

Summary
1. His account was not hacked by others.
2. He kind of shared his account but very regret about it after known of Nostalrius terms.
So I am wondering are there any chances that he can get this account unbanned?

Character name: Wlmgls
Class: Orc Warrior

Thanks for reviewing my appealing and your patients.

Regards,
lasttravel
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Account banned

by Kogmawn » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:24 am

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=32366#p226204

Your name is on it.

Bought or sold account.

Blah blah blah nephew nothing.
Kogmawn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by lasttravel » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:47 pm

Kogmawn wrote:http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=32366#p226204

Your name is on it.

Bought or sold account.

Blah blah blah nephew nothing.

Yes, his character name is on it. But it does not mean the account has been sold/bought. This could be validated by checking the account IP address.

If the IP address changes between two IP address by several times over the past few months. Then it indicated that the account was played by two players instead of sales. Because the IP address will only be changed one time after it was sold or hacked.

Thanks,
lasttravel
Grunt
Grunt

by Thatoneguy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:20 pm

lasttravel wrote:Yes, his character name is on it. But it does not mean the account has been sold/bought. This could be validated by checking the account IP address.

If the IP address changes between two IP address by several times over the past few months. Then it indicated that the account was played by two players instead of sales. Because the IP address will only be changed one time after it was sold or hacked.

Actually, if the seller told the buyer what proxy he should use then they will use the same IP adres. Checking for IP adres is not a 'set in stone' method.

They can check for altered behaviour. If the player suddenly behaved very differently from a previous consistent pattern then it's most likely been compromised.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Nathrizyr » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:04 pm

Greetings,

Your "friend's" account was banned for being compromised. This means it was either hacked, sold/traded, or otherwise accessed by someone other than the account owner. This ban is confirmed, and will not be lifted. He/she is welcome to create a new account, and respect our rules going forwards.

Regards, GM Team
Nathrizyr
Game Master
Game Master

Return to Account issues