Re: Account Banned

by zequill » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:50 am

Any news, need more information?
zequill
Grunt
Grunt

by zequill » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:05 pm

You know something is wrong when your post get buried under 7 pages of other people appeal for ban under 24 hours.
zequill
Grunt
Grunt

by Robotron » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:14 pm

Or that they did a ban wave of 3,000+ accounts.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by zequill » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:34 pm

That exactly the problem I was talking about. You really think there was 3000 gold buyers/sellers on those 2 realms? You really think we would appeal if we knew they had something against us?
zequill
Grunt
Grunt

by Sauska » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:52 pm

zequill wrote:That exactly the problem I was talking about. You really think there was 3000 gold buyers/sellers on those 2 realms? You really think we would appeal if we knew they had something against us?

What really baffles and annoys me most, is that the staff doesn't even bother to treat us with common decency. Banning without a reason is just rude, because how can we defend us against that?. If you ask me, it's a crude measure to cut down the server pop.
Sauska
Grunt
Grunt

by Mencius » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:46 pm

As stated, it sounds like you were one of the accounts that got caught up in the huge ban wave. I'd imagine they used an automated system or had a set of criteria with which they identified which accounts to ban, which would obviously lead to some false flags. Many people who were previously hacked and their accounts used nefariously for example were likely banned because of this. So if they had a 95% success rate with the bans, which would be pretty great, and banned over 3,000 accounts, you'd still be looking at over 150 accounts falsely banned.

Hopefully they'll be able to identify these accounts and rectify the situation. It sucks that your account was one of the ones caught in the blast, and I hope it gets resolved quickly.
Mencius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Benevael » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:46 am

We have placed this ban under review and will get back to you in this thread with a final determination.
Please make sure to read the Nostalrius terms of use. https://en.nostalrius.org/terms-of-use
Benevael
Game Master
Game Master

by zequill » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:30 am

Thanks you for the answer.

Not that I want to push, but do this mean I just got in the pile or that I will get my final determination soon?

With AV around the corner, this ban make me even more sad.
zequill
Grunt
Grunt

by Cabotage » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:17 pm

this account is under review and we will get back to you in this thread with the outcome.
Cabotage
Game Master
Game Master

by zequill » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:39 pm

1 Week and an half without access to my account... If I could at least log in I could see if I really got hack, else there is absolute 0 reason I got ban.
zequill
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Account issues