ACCOUNT RETRIEVAL DURING DB TRANSFER

ACCOUNT RETRIEVAL DURING DB TRANSFER

by Pottu » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:51 pm

I'm creating this topic to answer some common questions. It is completely barebones for now. I'll update it with more information when that becomes available.

1. I've using the same account name on Elysium as I used on Nostalrius. What will happen?

Elysium staff already mentioned that this will not be an issue. You create a new Elysium account and transfer your old Nostalrius account into that new Elysium account.

2. I've forgotten my password for my old Nostalrius account.

If you have a valid email address associated with your account, no need to worry. You can use your account name and email address to get your token.

3. I've forgotten my account name.

If you didn't delete your vanilla WoW installation, check inside the WTF/Account folder to see all account names you've ever used. You will also find character names under each account. If you did delete the vanilla client and have no recollection of what the account names were, then you are out of luck. We cannot assist you.

4. I went little crazy during the last days and got banned. Will I get a second chance?

That depends on the reason why you were banned. Temporary bans for spamming will be lifted and you can get back. Bans for botting, exploits, hacking - these will remain in place. If you were banned before the closure announcement, you will remain banned. Only exception to this are cases that were being reviewed at that time - they might get a new review.

5. Can I get a ban review?

No. As per Daemon's last announcement, Nostalrius is not reviewing any bans at this point. Nostalrius bans remain and Elysium cannot unban them either.

6. Can I get my deleted character back?

No, we are not not doing any character restorations.

7. I don't remember my account name!

There is nothing we can do to assist you. Please try to remember it. No amount of screenshots of your characters will change the fact that we no longer have access to the DB.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

Re: ACCOUNT RETRIEVAL DURING DB TRANSFER

by Docholy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:03 pm

OFF TOPIC
https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime- ... -community
Why stop at Rank 12 you ask? I ask myself that all the time!
Docholy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Heviletti1 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:04 pm

Pottu wrote:
If you were banned before the closure announcement, you will remain banned. Only exception to this are cases that were being reviewed at that time - they might get a new review.

I have no idea of the date of my ban unless it was when I tried to log in few days before closure, in that case it was after the announcement. Hoping to get this solved asap, also keep up the great work!
Heviletti1
Tester

by Makattack » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:43 pm

Question on reseting password.

Can we reset password before the servers go up? Many of us joined multiple other servers with the same nostalrius info and it seems like these other servers are selling the data to hack a bunch of nostalrius accounts and steal all the gold on the accounts.
Makattack
Tester

by Healthycoww » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:46 pm

Why would anyone use the same password in two different locations?
Healthycoww
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by sojs » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:45 pm

If I have my account name / password but am missing the email am I screwed ?
sojs
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by mecher » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:52 pm

critical info here
mecher
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by locario » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:41 am

Will be banned accounts transfered as well?
locario
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Scamp » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:05 am

Before the shutdown, there was a password reset. Some people including myself had to reset their password before coming back in to say our goodbyes in the final days. Will the previous passwords be used or the ones that were reset on the day nost shut down?

I suppose either is fine as long as you give us a fair number of login attempts. Would hate to be locked out because I couldn't remember which of my passwords I used. (I have a bunch of different passwords, not sure what one I used after the password reset)
Scamp
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Chikungunya » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:46 am

I don't remember my email adress, am I screwed ? I think I remember my account name and password.

Could a dev please answer this ? I don't understand why it was possible to register with an unvalid email adress ... At the time I didn't even notice I had made a mistake writing my adress ...
Chikungunya
Tester

Next

Return to Account issues