NA EST Raiding Guild - Interested?

Guilds information & recruitment - For the King !

NA EST Raiding Guild - Interested?

by ntmasta » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:46 pm

Hey guys,

Just rolled over from the PvP server on to PvE and currently fast tracking a main (pally), and alt, to 60. I'm an experienced raider with support experience in leading a guild as an officer.

I took a gander at the forums and didn't see anything on an East Coast guild. I was wondering if there were any guilds forming for raids during times around 7pm-10pm est on weekdays or decided time on weekend?

If not, are there any experienced leaders/players who are willing to form a new raiding guild? I'm not looking to be a Guild Leader as I have multiple obligations (like family and military life), but enough to dedicate guild support in many ways (ie. real world schooling and experience, game experience and study, etc.).

So throw out your ideas on who would be interested in forming a new East Coast core raiding guild, whether leadership or membership.

Leave a post or feel free to pm me in game on either Aillig or Nadaline.

Happy Hunting.
ntmasta
Tester

Re: NA EST Raiding Guild - Interested?

by ntmasta » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:47 pm

I wanted to leave a separate post on a little about me.

I played Vanilla on release up until Cataclysm--going back and forth between raiding focus and PvP focus. Vanilla was fun. BC was fun. But by the time WotLK came out there were things I still enjoyed, but grew more distant with the in-game connection and felt more like a robot on grind mode with easy reward. Cataclysm was the finishing touch for my separation as most of my in-game friends had also moved on.

In BC I was an actual Guild Leader of Myth, on Anub"Arak (forgot how it's spelled), and achieved boss downs through SSC and TK--not quite getting to Illidan's domain. I was mainly officer or class leader in guild proceeding BC focusing my talent in trainings (posts on boss fights, class specialties, gear, etc--which doesn't seem to be much of a problem these days as everything is formed in to a guide).

Finding out about Nostalrius I came back to the home-land from my long sabbatical and (like most people) wanted to do things differently in Vanilla they didn't get the chance to back in Live. Always being a PvP server guy I naturally joined the only server available and felt at home, but only playing about a month and a half now I grew restless of the amount of content I had to catch up on as the server was well off to 7+ months old. So, naturally I joined the next new server they created (3 weeks late since release).

So, I'm ready to be a part of a new guild; leveling, instancing, raiding. I'm ready to achieve those goals I once had in the game that I ever-so enjoyed over 10 years ago. I'm studious, I'm relatively skilled, and persistent as a player.

I hope on find a solid group of people to enjoy the progress of Nostalrius PvE.
ntmasta
Tester

by ShiroTheRed » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:10 am

I'm looking into forming a laid back leveling/raiding guild for those of us in NA (weirdly also a paly, going to be a terrible person and working on an end game balance druid). For now it would be leveling as the pve server is new, and not even azuregos is up on it.
ShiroTheRed
Tester

by Mentari » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:46 am

I might be interested. I was part of a casual EST raiding guild through BC (stopped playing just before we started Kara) with experience MT/OT in MC, BWL, AQ40, and Naxx. I just can't handle raiding until 12 or 1 AM. Not as young as I used to be. :o 11 EST is my latest cut off time.

I haven't 100% committed to the idea of raiding again just yet, but I am giving it serious consideration.
Mentari
Tester

by ntmasta » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:39 pm

So I've had some activity regarding this post, both in-game and on the forums.

My idea of this new EST guild would be 1-2 days raiding after work during the weekdays--comfortable time might bet starting at 6pm or 7pm. Granted, I know people need to get up again the next weekday to go to work/school so I wouldn't want raid times to exceed 10pm. Something like 6pm-10pm on a weekday gives ample time to raid, as well as a comfortable fit in the night. Additionally, weekends could be used to do trash farming if the numbers are available, or touching up on progression bosses.

Of course all these times would be decided by a group of core officers who can all lead at relatively the same times, that way guild stability can be established by accountable leaders.

Now my goal is to actually get in to some progressive raiding. Nothing extreme by all means, because I do enjoy my IRL free-time. But I would like to acquire some end-game fun and loots, including members of the guild that I can count on to enjoy some 5-man instances and PvP premades on the side.

What I don't want is progression to the measure that everyone is stressed about showing up to raid times, getting kicked from the guild because they can't perform, etc. I'd like to have a guild that can work WITH it's current members; teaching, sharing knowledge, and improving the strength of the guild that's already formed. I'm not in the mood to deal with guild-trolls and bad mouthing because someone had a bad day in pvp, or wiped a little too much in a 5-man dungeon. It's a game. Everyone has bad days or may not know something about their characters, but the importance is a guild that can help educate eachother and work cooperatively. Otherwise you have members just guild hopping because they can't find what they want instantly and too impatient for true progression--that is, player performance in addition to gear upgrade.

So, I've been considering and I'm willing to create this new guild myself as the Guild Leader, but by no means will I start this without the help of a few strong players (just good people with calm-collected attitudes) to help share the load and responsibility of guild management.

PM me in-game or on here and let's see if we can get something rolling for everyone interested in forming a new EST raiding guild. If you're serious about it, we'll schedule skype interviews and see if this is a good fit.

Thanks again for the contacts all.
ntmasta
Tester

by Mord » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:59 pm

I just started a mage on the server Sunday, currently only level 14(~10 hours played), but I'll be more dedicated to leveling if I have a guild to share some fun with. I've played WoW since the game's launch, so I have a solid grasp on the game. I have some vanilla raiding experience, but most of my experience is from recent retail xpacs, where I stayed ahead of the curve with each guild I was in, as well as achieving server first heroic high maul with a guild I lead with friends during WoD.

I don't currently play retail and miss vanilla where there was an actual sense of accomplishment, and these raid times absolutely fit my early morning EST work schedule. 1-2 days is great and I won't be stuck up until midnight raiding(I have to be up at 5am EST to get ready for work lol).

With a calm and collected attitude, and management experience both in and out of game, I feel I could fill some sort of leadership position no matter how small, to take some of the burden off your shoulders. Regardless, I'd love to join this guild and get up to speed with dungeon gear with some cool people and begin our journey in MC together!

IGN: Mordaiyne
I look forward to hearing from you :D

P.S I'm willing to switch my class according to what the guild needs or feels it will need in a dungeon and raid environment.
Mord
Private
Private

by Syleynna » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:41 pm

I'm on east coast and this definitely sounds good to me because it takes into consideration that people have to work which makes me think it would be a guild comprised of a more mature crowd (read .. no barrens chat in guild chat). Also takes into consideration that people tend to have lives that don't revolve 24/7 around the game :D

The only thing that I couldn't do is raid at 6:00 p.m. because that's when my workday ends, but if it started at 7:00 p.m. I'd be there ready to go!

I'm looking forward to seeing a recruiting post because I am definitely interested
Syleynna
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Mord » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:03 pm

Hey Syleynna, I've spoken in depth with ntmasta aka Aillig in game. I'm going to be the recruitment officer for the guild as well as helping out in other aspects. You're definitely correct in assuming the guild will be comprised of a more mature crowd. Taking into consideration that the majority of people that play have jobs and lives outside of the game is one of the main purposes of its creation.

The guild is called Into The Fray (ITF) and was just created yesterday. Aillig has a website up and running already for guildies, and we're hashing out all the details in order to make an informative guild recruitment post. Raid times are not 100% set in stone and neither are days, but the aim is to keep it somewhere between 6-10pm EST.

For more information or if you're interested in joining, contact me(Mordaiyne) in game for an invite. We're currently leveling up and have plenty of time to connect with each other and get our core raid team assembled. We hope to have an actual recruitment post out tonight or tomorrow with more info and to generate more interest, but for now we're accepting any class, and any level that plans on raiding with us. The aim is to get 60 together and get some dungeon groups rolling as we prepare for MC!

Look forward to speaking with you and to anyone else that sees this and is interested! :D

Mord
Mord
Private
Private

by Brunchkin » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:09 pm

I may be interested depending on what raid days you guys pick. Will keep an eye on this thread. Good luck.
Brunchkin
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ntmasta » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:30 am

Hello folks! Thanks for the interest. A Recruitment post for Into the Fray (ItF) will be posted today as it is in its final stages. Thank you for your patience and hope to hear from you all soon!

Cheers
ntmasta
Tester

Next

Return to Alliance guilds headquarters