<Five Dragon Mafia> Leveling/Social... future raiding

Guilds information & recruitment - For the King !

<Five Dragon Mafia> Leveling/Social... future raiding

by JonDoh » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:36 pm

<Five Dragon Mafia>

... is for creating new memories and a new experience rather than trying to replicate the past. We want people who are new to wow, raiding, vanilla, or this server. Veterans are welcome, but this guild is not centered around the veteran experience. We aren’t trying to do everything exactly the way it has been done before. We will progress and improve together as we become friends and make our own shared experience together.

We aim to win, but the style of our victory is important. I don’t want to look back and remember that I followed a bunch of directions in a step by step walk-through. I am looking for a challenge and a fight. I want to find friends to share that experience with. I want to go smack some evil critters in the face and set them on fire then see what happens.

This is not meant to be your average guild. This is not just a chat room until 60. This is intended to be an environment where people come together to progress as a guild rather than individually. We should become friends and allies as we make our way towards end game content.

Good community is built around shared goals and shared efforts towards those goals. Often we experience fractured community in many guilds because people have been encouraged to only think of their own personal success. The more we invest our time and effort to build our guild, the more we will be truly part of a community.

---

We will be forming “flights” of players to try to level, quest and instance together. Details of these flights are subject to change as we see what works best. Here are some of the ideas I am hoping to build towards in each flight:
- independent leadership structure
- similar level range
- at least 10 players in each flight
- at least 1 main tank and 1 off tank per flight
- at least 3 healers (not required to spec for healing during leveling)
- flights will help members level (especially healers and tanks)
- quest and instance together often
- use voice coms often
- prepare to contribute members to our raid teams in the future

---

Voice Coms will be encouraged. Plan to get a headset if you don't already have one. Being able to listen will be fine for now.

Voice Coms is an essential tool for the type of community I want to build here. It is not just a tool we should get out when we need to. It is a way to get to know people. It is often more fun and less stressful to be able to communicate well, and helps build better community in the guild.

---

I hope I have done a good job of communicating what this guild is all about. I will probably keep this post up to date as things develop.

I hope you will consider joining <Five Dragon Mafia> and becoming part of our community.

I live in the US but expect to grow a EU TZ as well if some of our members step up to lead in that TZ.

---

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.
- T. E. Lawrence
JonDoh
Tester

Return to Alliance guilds headquarters