<Sanctum> [NA]

Guilds information & recruitment - For the Horde !

Re: <Goon Squad> [NA]

by Strobber » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:13 pm

Call it what you want, the players know better. It doesn't take a genius to figure this one out. The image taken by yourself was yesterday, so it did happen all before that and in the end that doesn't even matter. You can call him salty as much as you want at least he defends his guild in a mannered way. Instead of the hate carrying crusade you're on. After all it was you who called us "assholes, haters and a bunch of losers" for no specific reason.

If you can't handle what is happening and you don't feel like talking about in a civilized way then you shouldn't talk at all.
Last edited by Strobber on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ace
Strobber
Grunt
Grunt

by mdma » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:02 pm

There is poaching being done one both sides.
I have no issue with people messaging our players, it is up to them if they wish to stay or wish to leave. If they lose to leave because someone simply messaged them, then they were already debating it prior to the message. I am currently employed and I get messages from people looking to recruit me to their firms. Its life, people try to snag what other people have, In real life and in video games. Is it greasy? Probably a little but its fair game in my opinion. I personally look for un-guilded people, if someone is unhappy in their current situation and they message me sure I'll chat with them.

I came from chocolate milk, and enjoyed playing with everyone in that guild. I haven't had the opportunity to play with anyone from video games but I am sure I would like them as well. One thing I do I dislike is seeing the hate from both sides.

There have been some comments from people in my guild that I disagree with and I try my best to address them, but then I also have people saying that they're getting kicked from groups by heart just for being in the guild, and the people he is kicking are respectful players that I know for a fact have done nothing / said nothing to people.

There is more than enough players on this server for a few solid guilds, I'd love for us to work together. It may not mean anything now but come world dragons and more difficult content having us all work together will be beneficial to everyone.
Last edited by mdma on Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Good Squad>
mdma
Grunt
Grunt

by Browner18 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:05 pm

From the perspective of a Goon Squad member - who (as far as I can remember) has had ZERO negative interaction with ANYONE on the server other than when I have been kicked from groups because of my guild tag:

The amount of hypocrisy in so many of these anti-Goon Squad posts is amazing. I'm seeing a lot of posts about the actions of very few Goon Squad members, but in-game actions that boycott the entire guild. These people are then acting shocked when Goon Squad responds with screenshots and posts of certain members from other guilds, which show them doing the same or similar things that they are so upset about our members doing to them. As if it is fine when they do it, but as soon as one of our members makes a peep, it's a huge deal.

Our GM made an effort to repair our relations with other guilds, as mentioned in above posts, and I was very happy when he did so. Our entire guild was warned that negativity towards other guilds would not be accepted, as the GMs had spoken together and found common ground. But I still got kicked from groups by members of those guilds. I still saw people flaming from those guilds flaming us in world chat. We are expected to ignore all of this and pretend like it doesn't bother us, while saying nothing in response. Well it does bother me.

Anyone who truely believes our guild is full of egotistical assholes, while all the other guilds have none - needs to take off the horse blinders and take an objective look at what has been going on.

Our guild is a fun, supportive community full of players who are trying to do the exact same thing as any other group. We are trying to kill bosses, get gear, and have a laugh while we do it.

We are 10/10 MC and 1/1 Ony. Raid times are 630 PST Friday and Saturday evenings and we are recruiting. I invite anyone who is interested in our guild to message me in game with ANY questions regarding our guild.

Camplol
Browner - 39 Human Mage
Browner18
Private
Private

by Reiker » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:24 pm

dudebroqt wrote:Id like to make it known this all happened after the fact of jaeden poaching. I would also like to point out that duo is obviously salty as fuck and just described him self in his first paragraph... lol

Poplockndrop, it's kinda hard to take this position when you were publicly saying "Merge got you down? Come raid with Goon Squad" in world chat before Deja Vu was even formed. You told me and other members that we "had a raid spot" in Goon Squad days ago. Like, I'm not trying to start shit here but at least be honest, you've been actively trying to recruit members from Chocolate Milk and Video Games for awhile now.

Jaedan has no reason to poach members from your guild, we're having a hard enough time being able to involve all of our members with the 40 man player limit as it is.

You need to spend less time trolling on the forums, and more time leading your guild towards a successful raid force that people want to be a part of. There's a reason that a lot of people don't like Goon Squad. My very first BRD one of your rogues told me I had to tank for them, yet I wasn't allowed to roll on HoJ which is a BIS for me practically forever. The dude threw a fit and left the group until I agreed not to roll on "his" item just so we could get the group moving forward. My first Strat Live, one of your shamans bitched the entire time and after aggroing mobs and wiping the group, he left and hearthed without saying a word.

These are real experiences with Goon Squad members that myself and others have been having. Imagine being new to the server and looking for a raid guild and playing with these people... Goon Squad would not make the top of your list of guilds to join.

In short, I don't care if Goon Squad succeeds or fails as it doesn't really affect me. But I'll be a nice guy and offer you a piece of advice. If you want to succeed, you really need to cut out the bad seeds and turn Goon Squad into a guild where people aren't ashamed to wear the guild tag. If people WANTED to play with Goon Squad members, you'd have recruits and you wouldn't need to be poaching from other guilds in the first place. Finally, you, Poplockndrop, really need to stop all the trolling and fueling server drama because at this point you are your own worst enemy for all the reasons I brought up before.

With love,
Reiker
<Deja Vu>
Reiker
Sergeant
Sergeant

by _Athena_ » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:08 pm

Browner18 wrote:who has had ZERO negative interaction with ANYONE on the server

Camplol

mdma wrote:One this I do I dislike is seeing the hate from both sides.

There is more than enough players on this server for a few solid guilds, I'd love for us to work together. It may not mean anything now but come world dragons and more difficult content having us all work together will be beneficial to everyone.

This. I've had zero issues with people from any guild and I've enjoyed playing and chatting with even "the most discussed names" just as much as I've enjoyed playing with anyone else. It really sucks to see all this e-drama going on, but I'm happy to still be able to have my own opinion on the matter. I will also not support this whole not-grouping-with-X cause going on as much as I can.

Best of luck guys! Nice to see every timezone being covered one way or another.

Posted as and for myself, not representing the opinion my guild or anyone else.
_Athena_
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Mittens » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:07 pm

Browner18 wrote:From the perspective of a Goon Squad member - who (as far as I can remember) has had ZERO negative interaction with ANYONE on the server other than when I have been kicked from groups because of my guild tag:

The amount of hypocrisy in so many of these anti-Goon Squad posts is amazing. I'm seeing a lot of posts about the actions of very few Goon Squad members, but in-game actions that boycott the entire guild. These people are then acting shocked when Goon Squad responds with screenshots and posts of certain members from other guilds, which show them doing the same or similar things that they are so upset about our members doing to them. As if it is fine when they do it, but as soon as one of our members makes a peep, it's a huge deal.

Our GM made an effort to repair our relations with other guilds, as mentioned in above posts, and I was very happy when he did so. Our entire guild was warned that negativity towards other guilds would not be accepted, as the GMs had spoken together and found common ground. But I still got kicked from groups by members of those guilds. I still saw people flaming from those guilds flaming us in world chat. We are expected to ignore all of this and pretend like it doesn't bother us, while saying nothing in response. Well it does bother me.

Anyone who truely believes our guild is full of egotistical assholes, while all the other guilds have none - needs to take off the horse blinders and take an objective look at what has been going on.

Our guild is a fun, supportive community full of players who are trying to do the exact same thing as any other group. We are trying to kill bosses, get gear, and have a laugh while we do it.

We are 10/10 MC and 1/1 Ony. Raid times are 630 PST Friday and Saturday evenings and we are recruiting. I invite anyone who is interested in our guild to message me in game with ANY questions regarding our guild.

Camplol

Agreed Camp, only have had positive experiences with you guys. Anyone looking for a guild should see through a lot of this faux drama on the forums and get to know the people in the guild to see if it's a good fit. Goes for the Goonies, Video Milk or any other guild.
Mittens
Tester

by mdma » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:26 pm

Currently looking for Priests, Druids, and Warlocks.

All other classes are encouraged to apply! We are always recruiting exceptional applicants.
<Good Squad>
mdma
Grunt
Grunt

by mdma » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:02 pm

bump

Need warlocks
<Good Squad>
mdma
Grunt
Grunt

by mdma » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:32 pm

Looking for a reliable feral druid and resto druid, as well as a resto shaman.

Hit up mdma , poplockndrop, trunix, or lala in game.
<Good Squad>
mdma
Grunt
Grunt

by Browner18 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:14 pm

BUMP =)

We are currently running 2x Onyxia groups, help us fill the roster for our 2nd MC group!
Browner - 39 Human Mage
Browner18
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Horde guilds headquarters