Leveling strategy?

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Leveling strategy?

by MadelinCow » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:45 am

What are some leveling strategies?

Unfortunately, I'm established on the PVP realm and I'm not leaving all of that behind to play on the PVE realm that I'd prefer to. I will be playing a Hunter, at release, for fun though. What are some good practices to get established faster? I've always been late to the party, there's at least some bags, crafted gear, and cheap greens in the auction house to make leveling easier.

Should I bother with professions? Vendor everything? Feed someone free materials for favors later?

Thanks in advance for any help.
MadelinCow
Tester

Re: Leveling strategy?

by flrl » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:51 am

Well, first I plan to hit level 2. After that, level 3, and then probably level 4. I'll see what happens after that.
flrl
Private
Private

by MrMisfit » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:56 am

flrl wrote:Well, first I plan to hit level 2. After that, level 3, and then probably level 4. I'll see what happens after that.

Woah man, don't get ahead of yourself. Baby steps now.

I don't get a whole lot of game time so my strategy will just be level slowly and casually as fuck.
MrMisfit
Grunt
Grunt

by Rhook » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:11 am

A buddy told me that ne needed around 2 hours to complete the first 5 levels at the start of Nost in february due to massive overcrowding. I expect a similar situation on the launch day aswell.
Rhook
Sergeant
Sergeant

by messica » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:15 am

There are guides out there that you can follow if you fancy that sort of thing. Can save you some time in choosing the most efficient order to do quests and such. If you are looking to get 60 with the lowest /played time then I would skip professions but otherwise I think they are worth the effort and it's nice to break from questing every few levels and do profession stuff in my opinion.
messica
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Rosenwyn » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:32 am

Well, maybe the fastest way to level would be grinding in a party, because start quests can turn into a nigtmare because of enormous quantity of players. And when you grind enough to move to the less populated location you can start doing quests.
-You can't do that while incapacitated
-You can't do that while polymorphed
-You can't do that while silenced
-You can't do that while stunned
-You can't do that while frozen
-You can't do that while feared
-You can't do that while dead
Rosenwyn
Grunt
Grunt

by MrMisfit » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:39 am

Rosenwyn wrote:Well, maybe the fastest way to level would be grinding in a party, because start quests can turn into a nigtmare because of enormous quantity of players. And when you grind enough to move to the less populated location you can start doing quests.

How many Boars would we need to kill?
MrMisfit
Grunt
Grunt

by Oitake » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:35 am

flrl wrote:Well, first I plan to hit level 2. After that, level 3, and then probably level 4. I'll see what happens after that.

Haha yeah, pretty much my strategy, which is run around like a nub enjoying every part of the game ^^. Warlock is just amazing in vanilla, nothing like these days in retail. Man, I'm gonna level the one class I've never leveled to max before :D.
And a druid. Those class quests are amazing.
Oh my god... I'm arleady an altoholic and the server hasn't even launched yet ><.
There are no two sides, there's only the group.
Oitake
Sergeant
Sergeant

by JohnnyMccrum » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:01 am

Best Leveling strategy:

1. Roll Hunter.
2. Pick up no professions.
3. Suck hard.
4. Win at nothing besides leveling.

Best Raiding Strategy:

1. Pick Dwarf Female Priest
2. Do multiple professions.

Protip: Dwarf Starting area is 10x slower than elwynn but all human combinations suck, so roll dwarf and go to elwynn.

Everything else should be common sense:

1. don't wait around for friends
2. don't help other players unless it's mutually beneficial. (Chest, Group Quests)
3. Don't pick mining.
4. Pick Warlock for when you have the gold to powerlevel an Alt, every other class for an alt is shit.
JohnnyMccrum
Tester

by Zaft » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:35 am

Level using the addons EQL 3 (better quest log), VanillaGuide (will tell you what to do and where to go, made with hunters in mind) and MetaMap (coordinates, map marker, works in conjunction with VanillaGuide)

Put professions on hold before 60 unless you're planning on leveling skinning.

Since you're a hunter you don't really need any other gear other than that which quests will give you whilst leveling up, so no worries. Green gear will do just fine because of your pet not scaling from your items.

Use a cat as a pet and remember to get it new skills from taming other pets on a regular basis.

Remember to use Beast Mastery spec as it is the best leveling spec in the game. Talents are pretty straight forward before 40 without any difficult choices: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#ce0hzxxRt
Zaft
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion