A few questions regarding the new server.

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

A few questions regarding the new server.

by dust1 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:49 pm

Hi, I have a few questions.

Firstly, will it have a similar content release timeline than on the PvP server? Meaning, will we start with Onyxia, MC, etc. only, and then BWL and so on will get released at different time points as time passes? Or will it start at the same content progression point as on the PvP server, meaning BWL would be available upon the server's opening?

Secondly, a PvE server obviously means no world PvP, but PvP will probably still happen at the same frequency than on the PvP server in battlegrounds. Are there any far future plans to create a multi-server battleground system so players from both servers can face off against each other?

Thirdly, I'm thinking that this related Kryll event might have also been a test for how the server would hold up in the context of another similar server-wide event that will happen in the future, such as the opening of the AQ gates. Is this correct, or was this event completely unrelated to that and only related to the PvE server announcement?

Finally, do you guys plan on manipulating the item & NPC spawn rates in any way in relation to the large influx of players that will inevitably be going through the content at the same time upon the server's opening?

Thank you in advance for your time!
dust1
Tester

Re: A few questions regarding the new server.

by TOVAR » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:41 pm

Most of your questions could be answered only by the devs.
Though, re: the timeline of releasing the new content, the devs will respect the original timeline, why should't they? It's not a race. Also they said there wouldn't be any cross-server anything. The PvE will be a fully standalone server, unrelated to the 'old' PvP one, no cross-server battlegrounds, no character transfer, nothing.
Any open-world mass event like AQ opening will be somewhat dampened by the player cap of 2500, I believe.
“No good deed goes unpunished.” - Oscar Wilde
Thank you Nostalrius!
TOVAR
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion