To Smork the Hunter, shameless exploiter of Azuregos.

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: To Smork the Hunter, shameless exploiter of Azuregos.

by Samhuff » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:29 pm

In better news I finally replaced my Pirate Hat.
Samhuff
Tester

by 7ogtrap » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:55 pm

varth wrote:
7ogtrap wrote:
varth wrote:The phase line is not a well known thing, I've been playing daily since pvp launch and didn't know that was a thing. Is it common on mangos servers or something? The only way you would know is if you tried to kite something to org already on the server, which while not unheard of is still rare.

PS Damn azuregos is amusing on carebear servers, on pvp we would have just killed his ass and problem solved

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. The pvp server Azuergos took 14 hours to down him awhile back. Go back to thinking you're superior for playing on the pvp server noob.

Uh quality post right there. I brought up the pvp server because that would have solved the issue that this entire thread is about, which a hunter kiting him to org. Azuregos took so long on the pvp server because there was 500+ people pvping there, which when you add the Azuregos debuff makes it impossible to kill him until the pvp calms down.

PS I'm definitely superior to you, not because of what server I play on, but because A. I'm not a hunter, and B. I didn't fail to get into a decent raiding guild because of poor attendance

Thats not my only character. I also play Atmosphere on the PVE server. Thinking you're superior to someone else but saying things that make you look like you don't know what you're talking about is called a contradiction.
7ogtrap
Private
Private

by Plxtreme » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:07 am

Reiker wrote:an alliance player angrily accusing Horde of intentionally exploiting some ridiculous random server bug that no one knew existed.

Bro, this made me laugh ALMOST as much as your DPS in MC!
Plxtreme
Grunt
Grunt

by XJ9 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:26 am

Plxtreme wrote:
Reiker wrote:an alliance player angrily accusing Horde of intentionally exploiting some ridiculous random server bug that no one knew existed.

That's fine, I've pink socked you hard enough in WSG or some form of pvp to the point you never touched me.

I regret to inform you, if you can't perform in one facet, you're not allowed to criticize another's performance in another facet, doesn't work like that. Also I feel as if Random yesterday proved just how reliant people are on meters and take whatever they say at face value. I couldn't tell you what Reiker's damage is like but I also couldn't care as I'm not a raid leader and we're not hitting enrage timers. Sure I run SWStats as well but I more or less glance at it to see where I am sitting, if you try to take an imaginary number as the primary worth of a player, you have another thing coming. Sure a rogue that pulls 100 dps is detrimental to the raid to a degree but really, this is 11 year old content and it's up to the raid leaders to decide what to do about it, not the other DPS, primarily ones that aren't in authority positions. Reiker's a fairly nice guy and I'm glad to be in a guild with him because he's a team player definitely. You on the other hand can go fist bump a train.
Anything posted on this account is said on behalf of myself and myself alone. None of my posts are influenced by guild affiliation and any issues you have with me should be taken up with me. Anything positive or negative is said by me, not my guild.
XJ9
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by XJ9 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:36 am

7ogtrap wrote:
varth wrote:
7ogtrap wrote:

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. The pvp server Azuergos took 14 hours to down him awhile back. Go back to thinking you're superior for playing on the pvp server noob.

Uh quality post right there. I brought up the pvp server because that would have solved the issue that this entire thread is about, which a hunter kiting him to org. Azuregos took so long on the pvp server because there was 500+ people pvping there, which when you add the Azuregos debuff makes it impossible to kill him until the pvp calms down.

PS I'm definitely superior to you, not because of what server I play on, but because A. I'm not a hunter, and B. I didn't fail to get into a decent raiding guild because of poor attendance

Thats not my only character. I also play Atmosphere on the PVE server. Thinking you're superior to someone else but saying things that make you look like you don't know what you're talking about is called a contradiction.

I agree with him though. If Nostalrius put in the coding to break Blizzlike to a very tiny degree (granted it's an emulated server, it can't be perfect so one could argue it's got a few Blizzlike elements to it) which made attacking world bosses flag you, problems would be solved. The reason Azuregos problems like this don't seem to exist on the PvP server is strictly because of that, pvp. If a hunter is kiting Azuregos around like a lunatic and isn't flagged, unless you exploit to flag him that hunter will keep going until terrain blocks him. When you can kill the kiters, it artificially creates boundaries so people are unable to kite him for 10 minutes like we did last night/yesterday morning for the European players.

Whereas if you were pvp flagged for hitting Azuregos, someone could mount to the hunter and kill him to break the kite. We're a PvE server here, that doesn't mean we're carebears (I came from one of the more hardcore pvp servers in Vanilla) it means we prioritize PvE as our progression. What better way to emphasize guild progression than fighting for the spawn as opposed to "Oh, he spawned on location 2, Johhny McJerkOff of Losersville's Finest tagged him, reset it." At least with a system like that it boils down to what guild is willing to stick it out or be the dominant when Natural Selection rolls around to see who gets the purple pixels from the dragon.

Otherwise they have to leave it as is now with the whining like this thread of 16 pages of tears every Azuregos spawn that gets reset. Or they have to lay down some serious rules and regulations regarding world boss etiquette, then they need to have someone on whenever Azuregos is up watching for rule breakers. Perhaps a gentleman's agreement? Yeah let's leave it up to both faction players to uphold their end of that bargain, only takes one deviant to ruin that whole thing.

PvP Flagging for Attacking World Bosses will save a lot of problems in the end, it creates PvP for the people missing BGs to be at Azuregos with their guild, it emphasizes your guild's collective dedication to getting the boss which is the primary purpose of a PvE server, to advance in PvE. World Bosses are a big part of that, especially when they drop things like Puissant Cape or Cloak of Benediction.
Anything posted on this account is said on behalf of myself and myself alone. None of my posts are influenced by guild affiliation and any issues you have with me should be taken up with me. Anything positive or negative is said by me, not my guild.
XJ9
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by 7ogtrap » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:02 am

XJ9 wrote:I agree with him though. If Nostalrius put in the coding to break Blizzlike to a very tiny degree (granted it's an emulated server, it can't be perfect so one could argue it's got a few Blizzlike elements to it) which made attacking world bosses flag you, problems would be solved. The reason Azuregos problems like this don't seem to exist on the PvP server is strictly because of that, pvp. If a hunter is kiting Azuregos around like a lunatic and isn't flagged, unless you exploit to flag him that hunter will keep going until terrain blocks him. When you can kill the kiters, it artificially creates boundaries so people are unable to kite him for 10 minutes like we did last night/yesterday morning for the European players.

Whereas if you were pvp flagged for hitting Azuregos, someone could mount to the hunter and kill him to break the kite. We're a PvE server here, that doesn't mean we're carebears (I came from one of the more hardcore pvp servers in Vanilla) it means we prioritize PvE as our progression. What better way to emphasize guild progression than fighting for the spawn as opposed to "Oh, he spawned on location 2, Johhny McJerkOff of Losersville's Finest tagged him, reset it." At least with a system like that it boils down to what guild is willing to stick it out or be the dominant when Natural Selection rolls around to see who gets the purple pixels from the dragon.

Otherwise they have to leave it as is now with the whining like this thread of 16 pages of tears every Azuregos spawn that gets reset. Or they have to lay down some serious rules and regulations regarding world boss etiquette, then they need to have someone on whenever Azuregos is up watching for rule breakers. Perhaps a gentleman's agreement? Yeah let's leave it up to both faction players to uphold their end of that bargain, only takes one deviant to ruin that whole thing.

PvP Flagging for Attacking World Bosses will save a lot of problems in the end, it creates PvP for the people missing BGs to be at Azuregos with their guild, it emphasizes your guild's collective dedication to getting the boss which is the primary purpose of a PvE server, to advance in PvE. World Bosses are a big part of that, especially when they drop things like Puissant Cape or Cloak of Benediction.

I can agree with almost everything you've said. However, all I got from Varth's post was Azuregos is easy to kill because PVP. Which is not the case with a talented hunter that has a healer or two, even on a pvp server. I was talking about my boy Nastynate who, with 1 druid, was able to reset Azuregos consistently for 12+ hours on the PVP server. Granted no one knew about the phase line because the furthest he kited him was to the edge of Azhsara, where Azuregos ended up stuck in the terrain. So yeah it's a lot easier to kite him if you're not flagged, but it's also a lot easier to kill him as a raid if no one is spreading the pvp aids.

There is no reason to add some kind of flagging device for people who tag him. If they aren't going to fix the phase line (which isn't very blizzlike not being able to kite world bosses to capital cities), then the devs could just make it so he resets if you take him out of Azshara.
7ogtrap
Private
Private

by XJ9 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:03 am

7ogtrap wrote:
XJ9 wrote:I agree with him though. If Nostalrius put in the coding to break Blizzlike to a very tiny degree (granted it's an emulated server, it can't be perfect so one could argue it's got a few Blizzlike elements to it) which made attacking world bosses flag you, problems would be solved. The reason Azuregos problems like this don't seem to exist on the PvP server is strictly because of that, pvp. If a hunter is kiting Azuregos around like a lunatic and isn't flagged, unless you exploit to flag him that hunter will keep going until terrain blocks him. When you can kill the kiters, it artificially creates boundaries so people are unable to kite him for 10 minutes like we did last night/yesterday morning for the European players.

I can agree with almost everything you've said. However, all I got from Varth's post was Azuregos is easy to kill because PVP. Which is not the case with a talented hunter that has a healer or two, even on a pvp server. I was talking about my boy Nastynate who, with 1 druid, was able to reset Azuregos consistently for 12+ hours on the PVP server. Granted no one knew about the phase line because the furthest he kited him was to the edge of Azhsara, where Azuregos ended up stuck in the terrain. So yeah it's a lot easier to kite him if you're not flagged, but it's also a lot easier to kill him as a raid if no one is spreading the pvp aids.

There is no reason to add some kind of flagging device for people who tag him. If they aren't going to fix the phase line (which isn't very blizzlike not being able to kite world bosses to capital cities), then the devs could just make it so he resets if you take him out of Azshara.

I was just offering a suggestion. Though the requirement or ability to pvp for outdoor raid bosses makes them that much more desirable. Not to mention the ability to pvp would police a lot of the problems with Azuregos that exist now such as kiting it or resetting it so long as someone is able to get to the kiter.
XJ9
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Duofilm » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:08 am

Plxtreme wrote:

All respect lost, sounds like you need to bring up other stuff cause you can't defend yourself... weak... so so weak
Duofilm
Grunt
Grunt

by KennyMarsh » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:05 pm

Samhuff wrote:In better news I finally replaced my Pirate Hat.

Now why would you go and do such a thing? That hat was cool as fuck man
KennyMarsh
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion