Disappearing copper nodes in Elwynn Forest

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Disappearing copper nodes in Elwynn Forest

by Zargoth » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:17 pm

Since the server maintenance performed earlier today, I find myself unable to mine copper in Elwynn Forest.

I've done a complete circuit of the zone a couple of times and find very few nodes that appear on my minimap. Whenever I draw near to these nodes, they simply disappear. I've asked in general chat and it appears that I am not the only one having this problem. A quick check into Westfall indicates that the nodes seem to be working there.

I am reporting this issue here as I also seem to be having trouble accessing the bug tracker system. Perhaps somebody who can access the bug tracker could check to see if this problem is being addressed and if not, please report it.
Zargoth
Tester

Re: Disappearing copper nodes in Elwynn Forest

by Renew » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:45 am

Its not a bug, but a server feature :) there are unvisible zones that seperating mobs and nodes...so basically it is not a big persistant world at all...
You can also see all nodes during a flight, even if there is nothing ')
my Addons:
- Vanilla Healing Assignments - /viewtopic.php?f=63&t=23326
- Vanilla Storyline -
Renew
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DrOtterpops » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:45 pm

I've also been having trouble locating the nodes. In fact, I'll see the nodes while running around on the ground, but as I get close, they fade out and disappear before I can click on them. I tested this a couple times on the same node, and the nodes actually reappear as I move away, and disappear when I get close again. Really annoying to know there is a node right in front of you and you can't mine it because it decides to disappear the moment you take a step towards it.
DrOtterpops
Tester

by Zargoth » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:34 pm

This is certainly not a server feature. It is indeed a bug that everybody has been experiencing since the maintenance performed yesterday.

If you wish to duplicate the bug: go to coordinates 59,77 and have a quick look around. You will not see a copper node. Proceed to coordinates 60,73 and the node will appear on your minimap and if you turn around you can actually see the node in the distance. Right-click on it and it will tell you "You are too far away". Take a step towards the node and you will see it disappear right before your eyes.

Apparently this is a bigger problem than just copper nodes. General chat is full of comments about mobs and even buildings phasing in and out throughout Elwynn Forest.
Zargoth
Tester

by Dish » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:54 pm

Same issue happened to me farming the turtles in Tanaris. They keep disappearing before my eyes (sometimes even disappeared while being in combat).
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Droom91 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:56 am

Dish wrote:Same issue happened to me farming the turtles in Tanaris. They keep disappearing before my eyes (sometimes even disappeared while being in combat).

I can vouch for this. happened to me alot when i was leveling in tanaris and trying to farm turtles for their trash =p
Droom91
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by darkmoon » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:44 am

Hello,

Is there any development on this? It seems to also be herb nodes as well and it's making it difficult to level these professions.

Can we get a status or anything of the like?
darkmoon
Tester

by Sillicus » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:19 am

Just yesterday I was having issues with mobs from Durotar near the river (along the Barrens) appearing and disappearing. Nothing like crossing over into Durotar while hunting crocs (for the quest) and being greeted by a raptor and scorpid.

Weeeee!

So there is a much bigger issue going on here.
Sillicus
Grunt
Grunt

by altbau » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:28 am

darkmoon wrote:Hello,

Is there any development on this? It seems to also be herb nodes as well and it's making it difficult to level these professions.

Can we get a status or anything of the like?

I must second this. Copper in Elwynn Forest is broken. One can see a node from a distance, but approaching it means entering into a different phase where there is suddenly no copper to mine. This is 100% consistent behavior and makes Elwynn Forest useless for miners.
altbau
Tester

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion