Happy about the population?

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: Happy about the population?

by Parachute » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:12 am

Wonder how much low level dungeon groups would even change with more people. I would think a lot of PVE players just want to rush to 60 as soon as possible since they can do so without being ganked. Where PVP players may rather have best gear possible at all levels, and also hit instanced content more to avoid WPVP.
Parachute
Private
Private

by kaba » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:33 am

Parachute wrote:Wonder how much low level dungeon groups would even change with more people. I would think a lot of PVE players just want to rush to 60 as soon as possible since they can do so without being ganked. Where PVP players may rather have best gear possible at all levels, and also hit instanced content more to avoid WPVP.

I find most people on the PvE server to be players new to vanilla private servers wanting to relive the nostalgic vanilla experience. Big part of this is definitely doing dungeons while leveling.
Kaba, 60, Troll Mage
Tohi, 60, Dwarf Rogue
Kaba, 60, Troll Hunter (PvE)
Itai, 60, Gnome Warlock (PvE)
Pa, 60, Dwarf Warrior (PvE)
kaba
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Sillicus » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:27 pm

2303 online right now. Highest I've seen.

Generally I like the server. Came here due primarily to gross overpopulation of pvp server. Suspect the pop on this is going to rise dramatically in the near future. I've met decent people here, and a few complete cretins. People are willing to join for quests, which is good.

My concern is the total population that develops here. I think it suits the developers to have very high populations on their servers, but it totally degrades the play experience due to latency.

We'll see. Otherwise, it's pretty good.
Sillicus
Grunt
Grunt

by kaba » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:13 am

Sillicus wrote:My concern is the total population that develops here. I think it suits the developers to have very high populations on their servers, but it totally degrades the play experience due to latency.

Before release they stated that the server is gonna have a 2.5k limit with queues. They haven't had the need to activate it yet though.

Would prefer to see the limit set at 3.5k.
Kaba, 60, Troll Mage
Tohi, 60, Dwarf Rogue
Kaba, 60, Troll Hunter (PvE)
Itai, 60, Gnome Warlock (PvE)
Pa, 60, Dwarf Warrior (PvE)
kaba
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dish » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:15 am

My guess is we're gonna get close to 3k tonight at Kazzak release.
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Sillicus » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:17 pm

2300 this AM. Now offline.

Now 2687.

2947 about an hour later.

I'm into numbers right now, because I'm shoveling a 1/5 mile driveway that is stocked with 35"of snow.

We're going to hit 3300 - that's my prediction.

And I'll also say that regardless of the official 'goal population' statement made by the powers that be, I''m pretty sure they'd be quite happy with a 6K pop on PvE.
Sillicus
Grunt
Grunt

by Soulxlock » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:43 am

Sillicus wrote:2300 this AM. Now offline.

Now 2687.

I'm into numbers right now, because I'm shoveling a 1/5 mile driveway that is stocked with 35"of snow.

And I'll also say that regardless of the official 'goal population' statement made by the powers that be, I''m pretty sure they'd be quite happy with a 6K pop on PvE.

Dear god, I hope this never happens. If need be, activate the queue at 2500 or 3000 players and lock creation of new characters.

The population is perfect as it is right now. When it's too many - like at the PvP server - the community will get worse. People will feel much more anonymous. I think we have a very friendly community right now and I hope it stays that way.
Soulxlock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by itwasfree » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:43 pm

Soulxlock wrote:
Sillicus wrote:2300 this AM. Now offline.

Now 2687.

Dear god, I hope this never happens. If need be, activate the queue at 2500 or 3000 players and lock creation of new characters.

The population is perfect as it is right now. When it's too many - like at the PvP server - the community will get worse. People will feel much more anonymous. I think we have a very friendly community right now and I hope it stays that way.

CLOSE THE BORDERS GUYS. IT BELONGS TO US BECAUSE WE WERE HERE FIRST. IT'S MY FREE SERVER NOW.
itwasfree
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dish » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:02 pm

No need to make him look ridiculous, he got a point. Vanilla wasn't made for that many people.
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Brion » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Dish wrote:No need to make him look ridiculous, he got a point. Vanilla wasn't made for that many people.

Agreed. I would say that 4k, with faction balance, is probably the sweet spot.
Quyzbuk - Tauren Warrior [PVP]
Linguo - Tauren Druid [PVE]
Brion
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion