Raiding Specs and Jobs

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: Raiding Specs and Jobs

by Vandalia1998 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:48 pm

Toolt wrote:
Saffron wrote:Mage - Fire or Frost. Depending on the resistance types you have in your raids. I have not seen Arcane mages in raids before TBC.

u have not seen arcane mage in raid before tbc, let me guess u never raided vanilla ?
As a Mage in mc/ony/bwl u want to be arcane/frost and have 1 mage be winterchill for the buff. arcane mages do so much more damge than frost its redic. A blue geared arcane frost can beat a almost fully geared deep frost in damagemeters.
AQ40+Naxx. Fire all mages should be fire.

Except for the one boss in AQ 40 that needs Frost
Vandalia1998
Grunt
Grunt

by Yellstorm » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:45 am

I really don't understand this obsession for min/maxing the raids, I really don't. There were some top guilds which did it in order to be the first to get the kills and things like that, and in those cases yes, all of this min/maxing was required. But that does not mean that: "if you are a warrior you are a tank", "if you are a shaman/druid you can only heal", "only one shadow priest", and so on.

For me, raiding is just a lot of fun, and I would not find it enjoyable if I had to play a spec that I simply don't like just for the sake of that obsession with min/maxing. In my mind there was only one priority when I was raiding: people. If people had fun that was enough and, you know what? The bosses fell down anyways without all that min/maxing nonsense. Being the first guild to get the kills can be an exciting challenge, yes, but getting the kills with whatever you have at hand is another challenge in itself and, in my view, much more fun than the former.
Yellstorm
Private
Private

by Bad Acid » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:36 pm

Hey, if you insist on playing a hybrid class and going dps, that alright, but don't blame other for not wanting you in raids. I mean, just like people have a choice of playing whatever class/spec combo they want, guilds also have a right to choose wether they want you in them or not.

There's always an option to start your own guild and playing the game you own way. :)
Bad Acid
Grunt
Grunt

by Vandalia1998 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:09 pm

Yellstorm wrote:I really don't understand this obsession for min/maxing the raids, I really don't. There were some top guilds which did it in order to be the first to get the kills and things like that, and in those cases yes, all of this min/maxing was required. But that does not mean that: "if you are a warrior you are a tank", "if you are a shaman/druid you can only heal", "only one shadow priest", and so on.

For me, raiding is just a lot of fun, and I would not find it enjoyable if I had to play a spec that I simply don't like just for the sake of that obsession with min/maxing. In my mind there was only one priority when I was raiding: people. If people had fun that was enough and, you know what? The bosses fell down anyways without all that min/maxing nonsense. Being the first guild to get the kills can be an exciting challenge, yes, but getting the kills with whatever you have at hand is another challenge in itself and, in my view, much more fun than the former.

Why did they only have one Raiding Spec per class back then?
Vandalia1998
Grunt
Grunt

by Imbaslap » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:49 pm

Vandalia1998 wrote:
Toolt wrote:
Saffron wrote:Mage - Fire or Frost. Depending on the resistance types you have in your raids. I have not seen Arcane mages in raids before TBC.

u have not seen arcane mage in raid before tbc, let me guess u never raided vanilla ?
As a Mage in mc/ony/bwl u want to be arcane/frost and have 1 mage be winterchill for the buff. arcane mages do so much more damge than frost its redic. A blue geared arcane frost can beat a almost fully geared deep frost in damagemeters.

Except for the one boss in AQ 40 that needs Frost

you can still cast rank 1 frostbolts as fire spec btw.
also, warlocks can wand that boss with frost damage wands in AQ and freeze it. :)
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by actionpigeon » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:30 pm

Cussler wrote:
actionpigeon wrote:So really we're gonna summarise warriors with 1 useful spec, others being sub par? I'm shocked nobody has pointed this out...

Warrior - Protection. Warriors are undoubtedly the main tanking class of vanilla. However, you got away with being Arms or Fury if you had some tanking gear in your bags. For encounters where you need a lot of tanks (Garr, Sulfuron, the fire adds on Rag etc) it was better to have a couple of DPS warriors who could make themselves useful on other encounters while still being able to tank mini bosses.

Fury is one of the best DPS specs in the game right now, you just need to be able to gear them like a rogue.

You are on the PVE server forum.

Using current PVE server gearing levels, fury warriors are sub par. Meaning, just that, below average. I am told they come into their own in a few patches.

Our fury warriors regularly come top on damage for MC and it only gets better with future patches.
actionpigeon
Grunt
Grunt

by Yellstorm » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:29 am

Bad Acid wrote:Hey, if you insist on playing a hybrid class and going dps, that alright, but don't blame other for not wanting you in raids. I mean, just like people have a choice of playing whatever class/spec combo they want, guilds also have a right to choose wether they want you in them or not.

There's always an option to start your own guild and playing the game you own way. :)

And I absolutely agree with that :D
Yellstorm
Private
Private

by Dish » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:32 am

Cussler wrote:
actionpigeon wrote:So really we're gonna summarise warriors with 1 useful spec, others being sub par? I'm shocked nobody has pointed this out...

You are on the PVE server forum.

Using current PVE server gearing levels, fury warriors are sub par. Meaning, just that, below average. I am told they come into their own in a few patches.

Our fury warriors regularly come top on damage for MC and it only gets better with future patches.

Same, that statement is just wrong.
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Xaeminos » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:29 pm

Toolt wrote:

What are you talking about? 10 years ago, there WERE very few arcane mages in Vanilla due to mana issues. Rolling ignites were king until Blizzard nerfed it.

And in TBC, Arcane was great only when you had a dedicated mana battery and the set/item bonuses.

After reading some of these forums, I swear some of you have no idea. After playing here 40 levels, it seems like the average player is in their mid to upper 20s or low 30s. So that would make you mid to late teens when Vanilla hit?
Xaeminos
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Xaeminos » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:38 pm

Yellstorm wrote:I really don't understand this obsession for min/maxing the raids, I really don't. There were some top guilds which did it in order to be the first to get the kills and things like that, and in those cases yes, all of this min/maxing was required. But that does not mean that: "if you are a warrior you are a tank", "if you are a shaman/druid you can only heal", "only one shadow priest", and so on.

I think this is true now. All the heavy lifting was already done a while back. Players are better now. Compared to retail, raids are cake. Mechanics? What mechanics? I don't see why people can't play the spec they want.

But people play here for different reasons. Some play to simulate that raiding atmosphere that they didn't get to experience fully. Personally, I played to get that social aspect back. But it's all good.
Xaeminos
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion