Talisman of Binding Shard?

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Talisman of Binding Shard?

by Cairune » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:15 am

So according to realmplayers, a Talisman of Binding Shard has yet to drop on the PvE server. Although, this could just mean that no one with the realmplayers addon has inspected with their Talisman equipped, or recorded it dropping in that specific raid. Anyone have any news on whether it's still available?

http://realmplayers.com/ItemUsageInfo.a ... item=17782

I had heard that it dropped fairly early on on the PvP server. I'm just a little paranoid that maybe they forgot to add it back to the loot tables when they copied stuff over to the PvE server (possibly).

Also, the timeline states that: "Until a player gets the [Talisman of Binding Shard], [Bindings of the Windseeker] will not be available on Garr and Geddon." It also states that during the BWL patch: "[Bindings of the Windseeker] are now available on Garr and Geddon."

Does this mean that if no one has gotten a Talisman by BWL, the bindings will STILL not be available? I was under the impression that they would be available come BWL regardless. Would appreciate some clarification.
PvE [A] - Cairune - 60 Protection Warrior of <Stitchnado>
Cairune
Tester

Re: Talisman of Binding Shard?

by RosettaStoner » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:01 am

Yeah i would agree that this long without a binding seems weird, and even if it had secretly dropped you would think people would at least be getting subsequent drops by now. Would love to have this looked into by devs.
Respect is the name of almost every game.
RosettaStoner
Sergeant
Sergeant

by FreeWater » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:28 am

rng is rng
FreeWater
Grunt
Grunt

by Blondi » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:14 am

My guess - [Talisman] can drop now with small chance and with BWL opening [Bindings] will start dropping and [Talisman] will be made unavailable.
Nost PvE - Blondi - <Taiga> - Officer, RL & Warlock CL
Currently 10\10 MC & 1\1 Ony
Blondi
Private
Private

by Nelythia » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:26 am

Blondi wrote:My guess - [Talisman] can drop now with small chance and with BWL opening [Bindings] will start dropping and [Talisman] will be made unavailable.

Wrong.

Talisman can drop right now, if it drops bindings will become available as well and Talisam removed from the loot table.

If Talisman doesn't drop until BWL, it will still be in the loot table until it drops once and Bindings + Sulfuras will become available anyways.
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by kaba » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:43 pm

Nelythia wrote:If Talisman doesn't drop until BWL, it will still be in the loot table until it drops once

How do you know this? Just presenting your own speculations as facts for no apparent reason?
Kaba, 60, Troll Mage
Tohi, 60, Dwarf Rogue
Kaba, 60, Troll Hunter (PvE)
Itai, 60, Gnome Warlock (PvE)
Pa, 60, Dwarf Warrior (PvE)
kaba
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guybrush » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:23 pm

Nelythia wrote:Talisman can drop right now, if it drops bindings will become available as well and Talisam removed from the loot table..

This never happened on the PvP server. Talisman dropped on the second week of MC and bindings only became available with BWL.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by XJ9 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:07 am

Given Nelythia's track record I'd say he/she has more an idea of the workings than any of us do. Nelythia isn't exactly stupid, pretty smart when it comes to WoW and that's coming from me of all people. That's where my faith on the matter is. Could be right, could be wrong but it seems a lot more likely than any other ideas I've seen.
Anything posted on this account is said on behalf of myself and myself alone. None of my posts are influenced by guild affiliation and any issues you have with me should be taken up with me. Anything positive or negative is said by me, not my guild.
XJ9
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Wandris » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:12 pm

drop was like 2-4% in vanila, so you would get a binding every 3-6 months of clearing MC. I got a binding fairly early on in MC before BWL, but took about 9+ months to get another.
Wandris
Tester

by DeeMarie » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:42 pm

Guybrush wrote:This never happened on the PvP server. Talisman dropped on the second week of MC and bindings only became available with BWL.

This. I'm not sure they'll change it for the PvE server anyway.
Nostalrused...
DeeMarie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion