New player here seeking for advice!

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

New player here seeking for advice!

by Leikath » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:58 pm

Hello fellow players!

I found out about the server today and decided to start on the PvE server ( the PvP one seems way to crowded).
When snooping through the forums I saw some statistics about the class ratio at level 60 and noticed the extreme lack of shamans and druids.
Since I haven't started playing yet (mostly because i can't decide which class to play) I am asking myself why these classes are underpopulated. I read that shamans and droods are mostly heal classes in the endgame (Are there DPS offspeccs for both classes that aren't utterly useless?) and since I am open minded I am willing to try one of them. Even though Rouge is winking at me pretty vigirously! :lol: :twisted:
My question is, how is leveling with those classes? I remember leveling a hunter or warlock was pretty chill since they got a pet to help. How is the endgame? Are they underpopulated because they are useless?
I haven't played classic that much since I joined at the very end back in the days and never reached max level until mid TBC.
Sorry for the long wall of text, I hope someone takes the time to read it! :lol:

Greets!

P.S.: Are there noob-friendly guilds on horde side :)? I think I will have some questions once I get to playing the game :lol: :D
Leikath
Tester

Re: New player here seeking for advice!

by kaba » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 am

Welcome! If you plan on raiding you should know that shammies and druids are expected to heal. While leveling you'll want to be enhance/feral though. Getting a shammy to 60 will guarantee you a raid spot as healer in most guilds.

I feel there's kind of an abundance of hunters so if you wanna dps I'd recommend rogue (both factions) or warlock (alliance only). Warlock is pretty easy to level but I must say it was the least fun leveling experience of all my chars.

Lots of leveling/social guilds on here so you shouldn't have any trouble finding one to join.
Kaba, 60, Troll Mage
Tohi, 60, Dwarf Rogue
Kaba, 60, Troll Hunter (PvE)
Itai, 60, Gnome Warlock (PvE)
Pa, 60, Dwarf Warrior (PvE)
kaba
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by zmandude24 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:43 pm

kaba wrote:if you wanna dps I'd recommend rogue (both factions)

Rouges from what I've seen are highly overpopulated with Warriors, but I play on the alliance side. I'm not sure about horde side, but I assume there's plenty of rogues there too.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by kaba » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:02 pm

zmandude24 wrote:
kaba wrote:if you wanna dps I'd recommend rogue (both factions)

Rouges from what I've seen are highly overpopulated with Warriors, but I play on the alliance side. I'm not sure about horde side, but I assume there's plenty of rogues there too.

Yeah I get kinda mixed messages, seem to be more rogues on during NA times on alliance.
Kaba, 60, Troll Mage
Tohi, 60, Dwarf Rogue
Kaba, 60, Troll Hunter (PvE)
Itai, 60, Gnome Warlock (PvE)
Pa, 60, Dwarf Warrior (PvE)
kaba
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Naeads » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:32 pm

As Kaba said, Shammy and Druid are expected to heal. But it is not a cold-hard rule. I have seen elemental Shammy and moonkin Druids. It is of course depends on the guild and how they want to mix and match the dps.

But the rule of thumb is always play what you like to play. Though if you plan on going for Rogues or Warriors -- just think really hard about whether that is what you want. If it is, no one can stop you and I encourage you to play them.

But if it is a flexible choice for you, don't pick Rogue or Warrior, it is seriously overpopulated.

Otherwise, anything goes really.
Naeads
Private
Private

by Mencius » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:35 am

The plus side to leveling a druid is that you get the benefits of being a healing class and thus in high demand in general for end-game raiding. But while you're leveling feral, you're essentially playing a rogue (that can heal itself). A win-win, imo.

Legitimately though, just go with whatever seems the most fun to you. Getting to 60 is a massive journey in and of itself. And once you're 60, if you're good at your class (no matter the class), you'll find yourself earning a raiding spot eventually.
Mencius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion