this thread just went mega-cringe.
Mediocre at best.
nerdFlex
Private
Private

Re: lol@kazzak

by Achilleus » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:54 am

MrCer wrote:
Half the deja vu members stay online and the other half goes to bed. 10 deja vu members prevented the other 3+ guilds from landing a kill on kazzak using his boss mechanics against them. Not only did deja vu do this with only 10 people, but was able to do it for 8+ hours until deja vu full raid team woke up and got the kill.

Keep in mind, deja vu was able to get the first kazzak kill while fending off 10+ raiding guilds on its release.

10 deja vu members stopped 3+ raiding guilds for 8+ hours. And deja vu still got the kill.

Rofl, I knew there are some non-lifers playing this game, BUT I didn't know there are freaks wasting their life time on preventing others getting a kill on a pixel for 8 hours long! Good job, your mama must be very proud of you.

nerdFlex wrote:this thread just went mega-cringe.

indeed
Achilleus
Tester

by Gunari » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:21 am

It's unfortunate briefing this encounter is allowed.
Gunari
Private
Private

by XJ9 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:54 am

Achilleus wrote:
Rofl, I knew there are some non-lifers playing this game, BUT I didn't know there are freaks wasting their life time on preventing others getting a kill on a pixel for 8 hours long! Good job, your mama must be very proud of you.

"Non-lifers playing this game" I manage to go to the gym an hour a day, five days a week while also working full-time. (40 hours a week in the States) and I was able to manage to stay on for eight of the hours. Some of our guildies have seasonal jobs and just save for the winter so they don't have to find another job to just bail on them a couple months later.

For the record, yes my mother is proud of me. She knows no matter what it is, being on the top is far better than being on the bottom for me. Maybe I was lucky my mother knows I am the type to strive for being among the best if it's in my power. Back when I played League of Legends constantly at home she for some reason took pride in knowing that among the large number of people playing League, I was among the top 1000 for NA. A family friend of ours who also plays League I distinctly remember her saying "Oh he also plays League of Legends, I think he's like Diamond or something" This is back before Master Tier was even a thing. Hell even on D3 launch I was one of the first 25 people in North America to hit 60 on a Demon Hunter.

So I mean, you can sit here and preach about how everyone more progressed than you or more dedicated is a no lifer, but the core principle is "we prefer to be the best at our hobbies, not mediocre." What's that old quote again? Oh yeah: "Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."

At the end of the day, it is a game, but I'd rather be good at my hobby than use "It's a hobby why should I care? lolz" as an excuse to keep myself capped at mediocrity. If you want a casual attitude like that but want to get things done, I think WoD is more your speed bro.

If people want to play casually that's their thing and I won't shit on them for it. However if you feel the need to treat those that don't want to be casual like shit to the point you call them "non-lifers" then the gloves are off. I know some guilds don't want to push progression as hard as Deja Vu, I don't criticize them because they don't want to feel like WoW is a second life. I totally understand and respect that stance. However when you're like that and bitching about people who do and feel they should ease up so your casual mindset guild can have a chance, there's a problem.
Anything posted on this account is said on behalf of myself and myself alone. None of my posts are influenced by guild affiliation and any issues you have with me should be taken up with me. Anything positive or negative is said by me, not my guild.
XJ9
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Smokinwii » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:16 am

Achilleus wrote:
MrCer wrote:
Half the deja vu members stay online and the other half goes to bed. 10 deja vu members prevented the other 3+ guilds from landing a kill on kazzak using his boss mechanics against them. Not only did deja vu do this with only 10 people, but was able to do it for 8+ hours until deja vu full raid team woke up and got the kill.

Keep in mind, deja vu was able to get the first kazzak kill while fending off 10+ raiding guilds on its release.

10 deja vu members stopped 3+ raiding guilds for 8+ hours. And deja vu still got the kill.

nerdFlex wrote:this thread just went mega-cringe.

indeed

This comment was very unneeded. I'm a full time father, employed and have three children to take care of twenty four hours a day and I am able to get a good set amount of hours in on my character.

I could go out with friends, drink, smoke some pot, stir up trouble. But my interest is here at home, video games, literature amongst many other things.

It would be you to be shamed on for being such a judgemental person and hurting inside, you are criticising others for their interests.

No need to troll reply, just saying "non-lifers" thats kind of offensive. I know many of the elitism/hardcore players that have decent jobs(which you would most def. prob be a coffee errand boy) for and run more of a life than you probably could ever imagine having.

Just my two cents.
Founder/GM PvE Guild: FarmsNdungeons
Smokinwii
Sergeant
Sergeant

by hedgelord » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:19 am

If you cant commit the time, dont bother with a world boss like kazzak.
Edgelord 60 Mage
Hedgelord 60 Druid
Deja vu - PVE - twitch.tv/edgelord5
hedgelord
Grunt
Grunt

by erzgier » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:25 am

i feel so sorry for you guys :roll:
erzgier
Tester

by Yrelius » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:46 pm

WOW this blew tf up. Nah I get that it's a world boss and competition is intense, I just like trolling just a little bit. But in all seriousness <versus> gave it a go, decided we didn't want to dedicate the 8+ hours you guys did to grief and bag the kill. That's just a fact, not a good or bad thing, just reality. I wouldn't put nearly as much stock into the guild ranking system as you would, but at the end of the day you and your guild put the time and effort into the kill that no other guild did. Whether other guilds chose to not put in that amount of effort or simply couldnt is irrelevant.

And finally, just to clarify, im not mad or trying to "kick and cry about it", I expect that if our members wanted the kill that badly (all 40 of us) we would have stayed and greifed and gotten the kill. We didn't want it that badly, you did, you got the kill fair and square using tactics that anyone else could have. In an ideal world, no one would be greifing since its really annoying but the fact of the matter is that when those purple plums are on the line, people will do whatever it takes to get them. It's an unfortunate truth but a truth nonetheless.

So congratulations, try not to put as much stock in some guild list and put more stock into what actions and attitudes other guilds have. I think I speak for most of the leadership in <versus> when i say that im incredibly proud of our progress so far and am looking forward to the progress we'll continue to make. See ya in blasted lands :)
I can't get images to work in my signature (keep getting a bad gateway error from the web host when I try to preview or submit) so if anyone knows why please tell me!
Yrelius
Private
Private

by hedgelord » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am

We'll be seeing your corpses in the blasted lands!
Edgelord 60 Mage
Hedgelord 60 Druid
Deja vu - PVE - twitch.tv/edgelord5
hedgelord
Grunt
Grunt

by Itzi » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:26 am

XJ9 wrote:
Achilleus wrote:

"Non-lifers playing this game" I manage to go to the gym an hour a day, five days a week while also working full-time. (40 hours a week in the States) and I was able to manage to stay on for eight of the hours. Some of our guildies have seasonal jobs and just save for the winter so they don't have to find another job to just bail on them a couple months later.

For the record, yes my mother is proud of me. She knows no matter what it is, being on the top is far better than being on the bottom for me. Maybe I was lucky my mother knows I am the type to strive for being among the best if it's in my power. Back when I played League of Legends constantly at home she for some reason took pride in knowing that among the large number of people playing League, I was among the top 1000 for NA. A family friend of ours who also plays League I distinctly remember her saying "Oh he also plays League of Legends, I think he's like Diamond or something" This is back before Master Tier was even a thing. Hell even on D3 launch I was one of the first 25 people in North America to hit 60 on a Demon Hunter.

So I mean, you can sit here and preach about how everyone more progressed than you or more dedicated is a no lifer, but the core principle is "we prefer to be the best at our hobbies, not mediocre." What's that old quote again? Oh yeah: "Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."

At the end of the day, it is a game, but I'd rather be good at my hobby than use "It's a hobby why should I care? lolz" as an excuse to keep myself capped at mediocrity. If you want a casual attitude like that but want to get things done, I think WoD is more your speed bro.

If people want to play casually that's their thing and I won't shit on them for it. However if you feel the need to treat those that don't want to be casual like shit to the point you call them "non-lifers" then the gloves are off. I know some guilds don't want to push progression as hard as Deja Vu, I don't criticize them because they don't want to feel like WoW is a second life. I totally understand and respect that stance. However when you're like that and bitching about people who do and feel they should ease up so your casual mindset guild can have a chance, there's a problem.

just saying XJ9, this doesn't quite add up to what you were saying before (about looking at Versus' ranking and stuff, you know, 22nd rate), nor the fact that you can't make out Yrelius poking some fun at the community, or the commenters mentioning Kazzak's buttcheek having 'Deja Vu' imprinted on it. :roll:

all in all, whatever is true or not, all I'll say here is this, my general distaste for progress hungry guilds aside, y'all need to relax, else all fun a game like this has to offer will go down the drain before you know it.
Frollo <Versus>
PvE realm

lv 60 holy dps/healer in tights.
Itzi
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion