lol@kazzak

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: lol@kazzak

by hedgelord » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:28 pm

Itzi wrote:
XJ9 wrote:
Achilleus wrote:
Rofl, I knew there are some non-lifers playing this game, BUT I didn't know there are freaks wasting their life time on preventing others getting a kill on a pixel for 8 hours long! Good job, your mama must be very proud of you.

"Non-lifers playing this game" I manage to go to the gym an hour a day, five days a week while also working full-time. (40 hours a week in the States) and I was able to manage to stay on for eight of the hours. Some of our guildies have seasonal jobs and just save for the winter so they don't have to find another job to just bail on them a couple months later.

For the record, yes my mother is proud of me. She knows no matter what it is, being on the top is far better than being on the bottom for me. Maybe I was lucky my mother knows I am the type to strive for being among the best if it's in my power. Back when I played League of Legends constantly at home she for some reason took pride in knowing that among the large number of people playing League, I was among the top 1000 for NA. A family friend of ours who also plays League I distinctly remember her saying "Oh he also plays League of Legends, I think he's like Diamond or something" This is back before Master Tier was even a thing. Hell even on D3 launch I was one of the first 25 people in North America to hit 60 on a Demon Hunter.

So I mean, you can sit here and preach about how everyone more progressed than you or more dedicated is a no lifer, but the core principle is "we prefer to be the best at our hobbies, not mediocre." What's that old quote again? Oh yeah: "Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."

At the end of the day, it is a game, but I'd rather be good at my hobby than use "It's a hobby why should I care? lolz" as an excuse to keep myself capped at mediocrity. If you want a casual attitude like that but want to get things done, I think WoD is more your speed bro.

If people want to play casually that's their thing and I won't shit on them for it. However if you feel the need to treat those that don't want to be casual like shit to the point you call them "non-lifers" then the gloves are off. I know some guilds don't want to push progression as hard as Deja Vu, I don't criticize them because they don't want to feel like WoW is a second life. I totally understand and respect that stance. However when you're like that and bitching about people who do and feel they should ease up so your casual mindset guild can have a chance, there's a problem.

just saying XJ9, this doesn't quite add up to what you were saying before (about looking at Versus' ranking and stuff, you know, 22nd rate), nor the fact that you can't make out Yrelius poking some fun at the community, or the commenters mentioning Kazzak's buttcheek having 'Deja Vu' imprinted on it. :roll:

all in all, whatever is true or not, all I'll say here is this, my general distaste for progress hungry guilds aside, y'all need to relax, else all fun a game like this has to offer will go down the drain before you know it.

you fuckin wot, this is the fun of the game
Edgelord 60 Mage
Hedgelord 60 Druid
Deja vu - PVE - twitch.tv/edgelord5
hedgelord
Grunt
Grunt

by Smokinwii » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:28 pm

You guys really taking this topic a bit far.

He will respawn.
Founder/GM PvE Guild: FarmsNdungeons
Smokinwii
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Mandosz » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:24 pm

Smokinwii wrote:You guys really taking this topic a bit far.

He will respawn.

And we will kill him again, contested or not :D
Mandosz
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Smokinwii » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:39 am

I am a fan boy GM if a small time guild, rooting for you. I don't ever see Versus killing Kazzak. Deja is owning in fashion with LE and Goon. No choice but to swallow it and let them do what they do best and own the WBS AND BGS. You ever hear of this versus guild? I haven't.
Founder/GM PvE Guild: FarmsNdungeons
Smokinwii
Sergeant
Sergeant

by KUBE » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:11 am

XJ9 wrote:
Achilleus wrote:
Rofl, I knew there are some non-lifers playing this game, BUT I didn't know there are freaks wasting their life time on preventing others getting a kill on a pixel for 8 hours long! Good job, your mama must be very proud of you.

"Non-lifers playing this game" I manage to go to the gym an hour a day, five days a week while also working full-time. (40 hours a week in the States) and I was able to manage to stay on for eight of the hours. Some of our guildies have seasonal jobs and just save for the winter so they don't have to find another job to just bail on them a couple months later.

For the record, yes my mother is proud of me. She knows no matter what it is, being on the top is far better than being on the bottom for me. Maybe I was lucky my mother knows I am the type to strive for being among the best if it's in my power. Back when I played League of Legends constantly at home she for some reason took pride in knowing that among the large number of people playing League, I was among the top 1000 for NA. A family friend of ours who also plays League I distinctly remember her saying "Oh he also plays League of Legends, I think he's like Diamond or something" This is back before Master Tier was even a thing. Hell even on D3 launch I was one of the first 25 people in North America to hit 60 on a Demon Hunter.

So I mean, you can sit here and preach about how everyone more progressed than you or more dedicated is a no lifer, but the core principle is "we prefer to be the best at our hobbies, not mediocre." What's that old quote again? Oh yeah: "Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."

At the end of the day, it is a game, but I'd rather be good at my hobby than use "It's a hobby why should I care? lolz" as an excuse to keep myself capped at mediocrity. If you want a casual attitude like that but want to get things done, I think WoD is more your speed bro.

If people want to play casually that's their thing and I won't shit on them for it. However if you feel the need to treat those that don't want to be casual like shit to the point you call them "non-lifers" then the gloves are off. I know some guilds don't want to push progression as hard as Deja Vu, I don't criticize them because they don't want to feel like WoW is a second life. I totally understand and respect that stance. However when you're like that and bitching about people who do and feel they should ease up so your casual mindset guild can have a chance, there's a problem.

CRINGE - this is sad
KUBE
Tester

by Gunari » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:39 pm

It's unfortunate griefing this encounter is allowed on the server.

If I wanted to poopsock raid encounters I'd play P99. Just don't have it in me to log into level 1s and charge a boss with the sole intent to wipe other guilds attempts.
Gunari
Private
Private

DV & Kazzak

by Spottedcow » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:48 pm

Personal opinion here:

I play ally side, so I don't really have any interaction with Deja Vu outside of what I see here on the forums. But it seems they see themselves as some sort of modern day Nihilum or D&T. But most of those top guilds in vanilla retail were well-respected and acted like mature adults. Deja Vu, on the other hand, looks to be the douchebag guild. The thing is, bitching at them about it isn't going to do any good, because they don't see their actions as shameful. They wear their nature as a badge of pride. I mean, this is the umpteenth thread about Deja Vu griefing Kazzak. Nothing has changed. We all know that they will grief any world boss for as long as it takes for everyone else to give up so they can get the kill. Move on guys. This is what makes them elite, in their own minds. They're not going to be swayed about people QQing in the forums; that just feeds their ego, in fact.
Spottedcow
Grunt
Grunt

Re: DV & Kazzak

by Mandosz » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:14 pm

Spottedcow wrote:Personal opinion here:

I play ally side, so I don't really have any interaction with Deja Vu outside of what I see here on the forums. But it seems they see themselves as some sort of modern day Nihilum or D&T. But most of those top guilds in vanilla retail were well-respected and acted like mature adults. Deja Vu, on the other hand, looks to be the douchebag guild. The thing is, bitching at them about it isn't going to do any good, because they don't see their actions as shameful. They wear their nature as a badge of pride. I mean, this is the umpteenth thread about Deja Vu griefing Kazzak. Nothing has changed. We all know that they will grief any world boss for as long as it takes for everyone else to give up so they can get the kill. Move on guys. This is what makes them elite, in their own minds. They're not going to be swayed about people QQing in the forums; that just feeds their ego, in fact.

We don't see ourselves as anything of the sort, but I was a member of a top guild in Retail Vanilla (I dont say this to wave my e-peen around or anything but to gaurantee you), that what Deja Vu does regarding world bosses is indeed what top guilds on pretty much every server did. Nihilum, D&T, Risen, Blood Legion, Overrated, Vis Maior, Eminence, Forte, Curse, ect ect ect the list goes on... None of these guilds bent over and just gave up world bosses for no discernible reason, they took every single kill they could, by force if they had to. It makes zero sense to do anything less.

In the end It comes down to the same thing Ive said before. The world bosses drop items that my members want, Therefor as a guild we do our best to provide opportunities to obtain those items for them. If you want to see world boss kills, or you want the items they drop... Then join a guild that can provide that for you, don't sit on the bench and bitch about those of us willing to put in the effort to do it
Mandosz
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: DV & Kazzak

by Spottedcow » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:23 pm

Spottedcow wrote:The thing is, bitching at them about it isn't going to do any good, because they don't see their actions as shameful.

Just thought I'd re-emphasize that, in case any of you missed it.

@Mandosz: I can guarantee that's not what the top guilds did because the vast majority of cutting edge guilds were on PvP servers, where the tactics DV uses wouldn't work. I didn't start raiding seriously until late in BC, but the guild I was in then was consistently server first and top 100 world through BT and SW and I don't recall us ever being dicks about Doom Lord Kazzak or Doomwalker.
Spottedcow
Grunt
Grunt

by Mandosz » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:22 pm

theres a big difference between top 100 world and top 20 world. No offence meant to you personally, but whats the old saying? "Even if you're in the front seat, you're still on the short bus?".

I used to raid with a guy on live long after I retired from hardcore raiding, and he was always so proud of his 0 light Yogg'saron achievement. He, like you was in the "best guild on his server"

The thing is however, his date on his 0 light yogg and the date on mine were almost an entire year apart, let that sink in...
Mandosz
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion