Mage Question

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Mage Question

by Shigydig » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:09 am

Decided to level a mage, just got to duskwood and all undead mobs are immune to my frost snares and frost nova's. I asked around, and a couple people are telling me its because Nost doesn't want aoe grinders. Is this true? just a bug? or is it blizzlike? I've looked around on the forums and couldn't find a topic about this.
Shigydig
Tester

Re: Mage Question

by Tomberry » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:44 am

I don't remember anything of the sort...

And nosta definitively doesn't care about aoe grinding.

Arey ou sure it's not a sepcific undead type / named that gave you trouble?
Tomberry
Private
Private

by Aderl4ss » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:45 am

No, it's all of them. Same is true for the skeletons on the fields in WPL, where the mages liked to AoE farm.
Aderlass Human Rogue
Officer of <Sauerkrauts>
Aderl4ss
Private
Private

by Fridolin » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:51 am

Aderl4ss wrote:No, it's all of them. Same is true for the skeletons on the fields in WPL, where the mages liked to AoE farm.

So AoE farm is forbidden on the PvE Realm?!
Nostalrius PvP
Alliance Mage :)

Developing an AddonManagementTool for Vanilla and TBC Addons!
Fridolin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Tomberry » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:04 am

Sounds wierd. AoE farming is blizzlike..
Tomberry
Private
Private

by Gehere » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:08 am

I see mages all the time, every day, doing this AoE trick. And I curse every time. ;)

I seriously doubt any truth in what you have been told.

Even on Raven Hill, below in the Crypt, mages go to farm the undead. With great succes.
Gehere
Grunt
Grunt

by Aderl4ss » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:21 am

Fridolin wrote:
Aderl4ss wrote:No, it's all of them. Same is true for the skeletons on the fields in WPL, where the mages liked to AoE farm.

So AoE farm is forbidden on the PvE Realm?!

I do not know why they implemented the changes. Afaik they never said anything about it and never said that AoE farming is forbidden, but the changes sure as hell made it a lot more difficult.
Aderlass Human Rogue
Officer of <Sauerkrauts>
Aderl4ss
Private
Private

by Bearier » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:51 pm

various elementals like fire and rock elementals in Badlands/Searing Gorge, etc. are immune to all, as well. And these mobs aren't AOE'd by mages. I doubt it's an anti-AOE thing with nost. It's a bug.
Bearier
Grunt
Grunt

by Shigydig » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:11 pm

Can anyone confirm if it's working on the pvp server? Because then it's clearly a bug. The only reason I thought it could be something else is because i mean, that's a HUGE bug. And I just found it strange that no one was talking about it. That, and the people whispering me that it was done on purpose all ''secretly''
Shigydig
Tester

by Mozz » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:50 pm

Scorching elementals in Un'Goro are also immune to any kind of slow. Pretty sure I remember this not being the case a while back..
Mozz
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion