Next PvP server for people who don't speak English.

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: Next PvP server for people who don't speak English.

by zzxx » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:20 pm

Kezzik wrote:I'm not going to debate it with you guys. If you think Nostalrius with an increasing population and AQ40/Naxx on the horizon doesn't need another PvP server, I think we know who the true idiots are.

If you like 'normal' pop play on pve server.
The fact is, is that a lot of people play on pvp server because of the extremely high population.
Just because you have some stupid youtube channel and stream with 30 viewers doesn't mean you know what you are talking about, or that your opinion is placed higher than anyone else.
Time and space, it's a crossroad through a gate, where do you go?
Getownedlol
Ogtucker
zzxx
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Kezzik » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:24 pm

zzxx wrote:
Kezzik wrote:I'm not going to debate it with you guys. If you think Nostalrius with an increasing population and AQ40/Naxx on the horizon doesn't need another PvP server, I think we know who the true idiots are.

If you like 'normal' pop play on pve server.
The fact is, is that a lot of people play on pvp server because of the extremely high population.
Just because you have some stupid youtube channel and stream with 30 viewers doesn't mean you know what you are talking about, or that your opinion is placed higher than anyone else.

You are quite possibly the dumbest person on this forum. What do you want to happen? The size to increase to the point where the server crashes daily? Do you want queues?
Alexensual

Twitch: Alexensual
Twitter: @Alexensual

https://www.youtube.com/c/Alexensual
Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by zzxx » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:30 pm

I have played here since day1 I think I know what I am talking about, the crashes have gotten better. It used to crash 2 times a day with 7k peaks, now it rarely ever crashes and has 4days uptime with 10k peaks. Daemon obviously knows what he is doing and how to handle high stress on server.
90% of the time the number of people online is not the source of the crash, which is the reason it can be stable with 10k, and crash with 5k on.

Il say it again, if you prefer 'normal' pop play on pve server, but don't make suggestions that could quite possibly kill nostalrius as a whole.
Time and space, it's a crossroad through a gate, where do you go?
Getownedlol
Ogtucker
zzxx
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Behead » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:30 pm

"You're an idiot" "You're dumb" Do people even have the ability to "discuss" this matter? It's a suggestion. Some may agree or not. Even targeting the OP and say shit. Let the man have his opinion and suggestion. I find this useful if people actually want a server that is not "English" Server is "blizzlike" retail had server based on other countries too. So why not nostalrius too?

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Behead
Grunt
Grunt

by Kezzik » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:31 pm

zzxx wrote:I have played here since day1 I think I know what I am talking about, the crashes have gotten better. It used to crash 2 times a day with 7k peaks, now it rarely ever crashes and has 4days uptime with 10k peaks. Daemon obviously knows what he is doing and how to handle high stress on server.
90% of the time the number of people online is not the source of the crash, which is the reason it can be stable with 10k, and crash with 5k on.

Il say it again, if you prefer 'normal' pop play on pve server, but don't make suggestions that could quite possibly kill nostalrius as a whole.

That's funny, it didn't kill Blizzard's servers.

Edit: And just so we're clear, I never complained anywhere in this thread about the server's current population. I am saying for the future. You can't have insane numbers like 20k on a fucking server. What is wrong with you?
Alexensual

Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Behead » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:35 pm

Kezzik wrote:
zzxx wrote:I have played here since day1 I think I know what I am talking about, the crashes have gotten better. It used to crash 2 times a day with 7k peaks, now it rarely ever crashes and has 4days uptime with 10k peaks. Daemon obviously knows what he is doing and how to handle high stress on server.

^ What he said. As I said recently. It wouldn't kill the server. The server is supposed to be "blizzlike" so server based on other countries; would be blizzlike too.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Behead
Grunt
Grunt

by Valandar » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:38 pm

Kezzik wrote:You are quite possibly the dumbest person on this forum.

Haha thats ironic coming from you. You always create threads or make a suggestion and say "this should happen because [insert your crappy experience here] and that made me mad" and then never talk about how it should be done. We have gone over this before. The fact of the matter is the staff does not have the man power, staff or money to start a third server.

Even if they did, you want them to send all non english speakers there? Do you think that will help? Yeah im sure all of the russians french swedish and chinese people can understand each other fine. You do realize that Nost was a French only server first? If you want to segregate and split this community go suggest an english only server so you can go hangout by yourself.

Also, LOL at "it didnt kill blizzard." Blizzard had millions of players, we have 10k. I along with many others love the population and don't want to see a split
Valandar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by winfernal » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:38 pm

Kezzik wrote:

Why are you comparing this to Blizzard? Do you expect this to happen here?

We just breached 10k players, and this is a 10 year old game. A very niche market to say the least. Who knows, maybe this is the peak? The high pop and the stability that goes along with it is the main selling point of Nostalrius. Sure, maybe in the future, but setting up another server atm would be a bad idea.
Winfernal - 60 Orc Warrior (PvP)
Torghatten - 60 Gnome Mage (PvP)
Razà - 60 Undead Rogue (PvP)

R.I.P ^
winfernal
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kezzik » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:40 pm

Okay, if another server is such a bad idea, then let's just not have a BC server. It will definitely split the community!
Alexensual

Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Valandar » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:43 pm

Kezzik wrote:Okay, if another server is such a bad idea, then let's just not have a BC server. It will definitely split the community!

Man, think a little before posting. BC is a whole nother game, there is another niche community there that new people will flock too. Also, the BC server will let you copy your vanilla char so that you can play BOTH. That is not splitting, the vanilla niche players will stay and others will play on both.
Last edited by Valandar on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valandar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion