Next PvP server for people who don't speak English.

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: Next PvP server for people who don't speak English.

by winfernal » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:44 pm

Kezzik wrote:Okay, if another server is such a bad idea, then let's just not have a BC server. It will definitely split the community!

Saw your edit there, just bring back the first edition :D
Winfernal - 60 Orc Warrior (PvP)
Torghatten - 60 Gnome Mage (PvP)
Razà - 60 Undead Rogue (PvP)

R.I.P ^
winfernal
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kezzik » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:45 pm

Valandar wrote:
Kezzik wrote:Okay, if another server is such a bad idea, then let's just not have a BC server. It will definitely split the community!

Man, think a little before posting. BC is a whole nother game, there is another niche community there that new people will flock too. Also, the BC server will let you copy your vanilla char so that you can play BOTH. That is not splitting, the vanilla niche players will stay and others will play on both.

Sorry, but you can't have it both ways. We can't have another server, but it's okay for you to have your BC server? I think we both know you're full of shit here.

And again, just want to point out, people who don't speak English form their own guilds, group with each other (Russia/China, etc).
Alexensual

Twitch: Alexensual
Twitter: @Alexensual

https://www.youtube.com/c/Alexensual
Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by winfernal » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:49 pm

Kezzik wrote:
Valandar wrote:

Man, think a little before posting. BC is a whole nother game, there is another niche community there that new people will flock too. Also, the BC server will let you copy your vanilla char so that you can play BOTH. That is not splitting, the vanilla niche players will stay and others will play on both.

Sorry, but you can't have it both ways. We can't have another server, but it's okay for you to have your BC server? I think we both know you're full of shit here.

And again, just want to point out, people who don't speak English form their own guilds, group with each other (Russia/China, etc).

You can have it both ways. In the private server community, vanilla and TBC are two seperate games, hence seperate servers. Some like vanilla, some TBC. Some will play on both since you can transfer characters.

R.I.P ^
winfernal
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kezzik » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:51 pm

Nostalrius has over 100,000 active accounts, similar in size to a real game. If real games can have realms based on language/region, so can we. And again, I am not calling for this right now. It is just a suggestion (which HAS WORKED with other games).

The server will hands down continue to increase. We can't have THOUSANDS of people on the server like some of the trolls in the thread think is a good idea. Not only is it not blizzlike, it RUINS everything.

I am all for high population, I played on Illidan on retail, I understand high pop. But over time high pop becomes way more than just high pop.

AQ and Naxx (Naxx in particular) are popular raids and I can only imagine what the pop is going to look like when they release. Some of you are not being reasonable.
Alexensual

Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by winfernal » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:54 pm

Kezzik wrote:Nostalrius has over 100,000 active accounts, similar in size to a real game. If real games can have realms based on language/region, so can we. And again, I am not calling for this right now. It is just a suggestion (which HAS WORKED with other games).

The server will hands down continue to increase. We can't have THOUSANDS of people on the server like some of the trolls in the thread think is a good idea. Not only is it not blizzlike, it RUINS everything.

I am all for high population, I played on Illidan on retail, I understand high pop. But over time high pop becomes way more than just high pop.

I see your point, 100%.

IMO, the pop situation is to unstable. It's still a pretty fresh and growing server. So i'd like to wait until at least AQ, to see what the pop situation is like in the future before something like this is even considered by the devs.

R.I.P ^
winfernal
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kezzik » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:58 pm

I agree, I think we should definitely wait, not make any extreme decisions. I even said in one of my vids I made recently that I think people shouting about population are overreacting. The population RIGHT NOW is not a big deal as people say, but I'm just saying in the future. Because let's face it, the popualtion -is- large. And it's increasing. And there's only one PvP server. It's not like Illidan on retail that tends to slow down. It's like a moving train that isn't stopping. Eventually, it will become an issue for sure. We will see, but I'm willing to bet when Naxx releases the population will be so much higher than it is now.
Alexensual

Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Xethra » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:59 pm

Having a "non-English speaking" server would be a luxury more than a legitimate need.

The PVP server is without a doubt over populated in comparison to a full populated Blizzard Vanilla server. However, you've been talking about server crashing and lag... well hate to break it to you but the PVE server has the EXACT same issues. And we've got 7K less people.

The Nostalrius Team has been hearing the same thing over and over and over, do you really think they don't know that people want an additional PVP server?

They are providing a FREE service for you. And it's a pretty damn good free service. You should really just be happy with what you got, because they could just say "screw it" one day and turn the servers off and you couldn't do a thing about it.
Xethra <Goon Squad> - Nostalrius PVE
Class Leader
Restoration Shaman

Xaeth <Odyssey> - Nostalrius PVE
Class Leader
Holy Paladin

http://twitch.tv/xethra89
Xethra
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kezzik » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:01 pm

Xethra wrote:Having a "non-English speaking" server would be a luxury more than a legitimate need.

The PVP server is without a doubt over populated in comparison to a full populated Blizzard Vanilla server. However, you've been talking about server crashing and lag... well hate to break it to you but the PVE server has the EXACT same issues. And we've got 7K less people.

The Nostalrius Team has been hearing the same thing over and over and over, do you really think they don't know that people want an additional PVP server?

They are providing a FREE service for you. And it's a pretty damn good free service. You should really just be happy with what you got, because they could just say "screw it" one day and turn the servers off and you couldn't do a thing about it.

What makes you think new issues won't arise if the population doubles on the PvP server?
Alexensual

Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Valandar » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:03 pm

Kezzik wrote:Sorry, but you can't have it both ways. We can't have another server, but it's okay for you to have your BC server? I think we both know you're full of shit here.

No, only you think im full of shit because you have no idea what you are talking about. Vanilla and BC are two seperate games with different communities and niche, some people like one or another. That is not splitting. Not everything is about you, think about everyone else this would affect.

Sooo let them do that on this server? I only speak English but i have lots of friends ive met from sweden/france that I enjoy to play with. Sometimes we struggle to figure out how to communicate but that's the beauty. Its a huge diverse population where you can meet all types of players.

Opening another PvP is one thing, segregating the dividing the community is another. I agree with another realm IF the devs had the time/money.
Valandar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kezzik » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:05 pm

Valandar wrote:
Kezzik wrote:Sorry, but you can't have it both ways. We can't have another server, but it's okay for you to have your BC server? I think we both know you're full of shit here.

No, only you think im full of shit because you have no idea what you are talking about. Vanilla and BC are two seperate games with different communities and niche, some people like one or another

So, let's just delete the PvE server then, because it divides the community. Or, are we going to back away from that argument too?
Alexensual

Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion