Next PvP server for people who don't speak English.

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: Next PvP server for people who don't speak English.

by Valandar » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:07 pm

Im not sure you understand what dividing, communities, and niche mean. People that play on PvP are not the same type of players/community that plays on PvE. I would hope that would be obvious to you
Valandar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kezzik » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:10 pm

Again, like last time, your point makes no sense. You say "not the same type of player."

How am I, someone who speaks English, that can group with people in the U.S or EU, the same type of player as someone who plays in China and only speaks Chinese? We can't be the same type of player, because we don't even play with each other. I don't care if Blizzard's population is different than Nost's, they still saw the issue, because IT IS AN ISSUE. It's why they made servers for specific groups of people.

I'll give you the best example. Warsong server in vanilla, was OVERCROWDED with people from Brazil. Do you think people liked it back then? NO. They couldn't even group with each other or play, because they didn't speak English.
Alexensual

Twitch: Alexensual
Twitter: @Alexensual

https://www.youtube.com/c/Alexensual
Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Xethra » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:18 pm

Kezzik wrote:What makes you think new issues won't arise if the population doubles on the PvP server?

Of course issues will arise. Do you really think the Developers aren't listening to the wants of their users when it comes to the addition of a new server?

I don't know what your background is in I.T., but this is not a simple process to implement. It takes a lot of time, resources, planning, testing, etc. Nostalrius is making NO profit from this at all. So the additional resources is purely out of pocket. Even with the addition of a new server, it requires more personnel for maintaining the equipment, more GMs, more QA, and so on.

Simply put, it's not something that can happen overnight, or even in a one month time period. It took 8 months from the deployment of the PVP server to add a PVE server. They have already stated they are implementing dynamic respawn timers for resources to help with the PVP server, but they obviously know this is just a band-aid fix. In the end a new server will be needed, but not right away.

I agree with you on the fact a new server is needed, but a "non-English" PVP server instead of just an additional PVP server is a terrible idea.
Xethra <Goon Squad> - Nostalrius PVE
Class Leader
Restoration Shaman

Xaeth <Odyssey> - Nostalrius PVE
Class Leader
Holy Paladin

http://twitch.tv/xethra89
Xethra
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kezzik » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:23 pm

Xethra wrote:
Kezzik wrote:What makes you think new issues won't arise if the population doubles on the PvP server?

Of course issues will arise. Do you really think the Developers aren't listening to the wants of their users when it comes to the addition of a new server?

I don't know what your background is in I.T., but this is not a simple process to implement. It takes a lot of time, resources, planning, testing, etc. Nostalrius is making NO profit from this at all. So the additional resources is purely out of pocket. Even with the addition of a new server, it requires more personnel for maintaining the equipment, more GMs, more QA, and so on.

Simply put, it's not something that can happen overnight, or even in a one month time period. It took 8 months from the deployment of the PVP server to add a PVE server. They have already stated they are implementing dynamic respawn timers for resources to help with the PVP server, but they obviously know this is just a band-aid fix. In the end a new server will be needed, but not right away.

I agree with you on the fact a new server is needed, but a "non-English" PVP server instead of just an additional PVP server is a terrible idea.

I disagree, but I understand what you're saying. I'm not saying force people who don't speak English onto this other server. I'm just saying when they release the next one (it's going to happen eventually), maybe put a suggestion to have people who don't speak english try that server. Something like how Blizzard puts tags on servers on retail such as "Recommended". Maybe tag it as Oceanic or something.

Whatever they do, I'd be okay with. I'm just throwing this out there as an idea. It doesn't have to "force" people to go on whatever server they want.

But let's face it, with the server being increasingly popular and populated, you have many people who don't work together at all because of language barriers. We all can not deny that. It is almost as if the server is jam packed with people, and only a % of those you actually can interact with.
Alexensual

Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Valandar » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:31 pm

Kezzik wrote:Again, like last time, your point makes no sense. You say "not the same type of player."

How am I, someone who speaks English, that can group with people in the U.S or EU, the same type of player as someone who plays in China and only speaks Chinese? We can't be the same type of player, because we don't even play with each other. I don't care if Blizzard's population is different than Nost's, they still saw the issue, because IT IS AN ISSUE. It's why they made servers for specific groups of people.

I'll give you the best example. Warsong server in vanilla, was OVERCROWDED with people from Brazil. Do you think people liked it back then? NO. They couldn't even group with each other or play, because they didn't speak English.

My point makes no sense? PvP and PvE realms accomidate two different communities, one enjoys wpvp and ganking low levels or anyone they can while another would rather level untouched. That is two different mindsets and two different play styles hence two different niches or communities. How is that hard to understand? You are arguing because you dont want to admit your wrong, your counterarguments are "that makes no sense"

Heres a simple fix to your issue, dont group if they can't speak English. Keep looking and youll fill up the group fast, thats why having high pop is awesome.

the same type of player as someone who plays in China and only speaks Chinese? We can't be the same type of player, because we don't even play with each other

Then whats the issue? If you dont play with each other they arent effecting you. Problem solved. Im not arguing agaisnt your statement that doubling the pop would create issues, but that hasn't happened yet. Also, as the poster above stated it takes a lot of work for a new server. Think about the work involved behind what you're suggesting.
Valandar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kezzik » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:34 pm

"Then whats the issue?"

Umm, because it CROWDS THE SERVER.

Yes, it is a lot of work. Either way, even if they don't implement what I am suggesting, they are going to introduce another PvP realm. Anyone arguing that is just a fool. There WILL be another PvP realm, it's just not going to be next week.
Alexensual

Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by zzxx » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:40 pm

Your so stupid i cba replying to all your post.
Cant wait for you to stream again so i can kill you
Time and space, it's a crossroad through a gate, where do you go?
Getownedlol
Ogtucker
zzxx
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Kezzik » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:44 pm

zzxx wrote:Your so stupid i cba replying to all your post.
Cant wait for you to stream again so i can kill you

Alexensual

Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Xethra » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:45 pm

It doesn't matter whether they speak English or not, the servers are going to get more crowded due to the increasing popularity of Nolstarius. No matter what server it is, there's going to be sub-communities. Take Illidan for example, which you mentioned earlier. US-Illidan (English) had a huge Chinese community. With Nostalrius, it's amplified even more since its only an international server. There's no US or EU specific servers. So the "melting pot" of cultures is going to be bigger. Throwing another server at that "issue" as you call it, will not fix it.
Xethra <Goon Squad> - Nostalrius PVE
Class Leader
Restoration Shaman

Xaeth <Odyssey> - Nostalrius PVE
Class Leader
Holy Paladin

http://twitch.tv/xethra89
Xethra
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Snautz » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:18 pm

I doubt you would be able to get a population high enough to justify a new server even if you somehow managed to force all of them to transfer server, and even If you did manage to force them all away, you would end up with a server with an even bigger language barrier than the one we already got.
The server would consist of a chinese camp and a russian camp and they would have absolutely no way of communicating with each other, what would their motivation to take that offer be?

You even mentioned you wasn't concerned about the current population, so why are you even bringing this up now? Sure the pop can potentially grow, but you're ignorant if you don't think the 6 month content drought will kill off some of the playerbase as well.

Btw if you want to get a point across you should probably stop insulting the people who reply to you and at least think things like this through before you post.
This is just indescribably dense:
Kezzik wrote:So, let's just delete the PvE server then, because it divides the community. Or, are we going to back away from that argument too?
Snautz
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion