AQ War effort

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: AQ War effort

by winfernal » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:13 pm

If the respawn issue is taken care of, yes.
If not, no.
Winfernal - 60 Orc Warrior (PvP)
Torghatten - 60 Gnome Mage (PvP)
Razà - 60 Undead Rogue (PvP)

R.I.P ^
winfernal
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kezzik » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:51 pm

Valandar wrote:
Kezzik wrote:I don't think they should up the amount at all. The server was made to copy vanilla. The problem here is the influx of people on the server. There's 3-4x the normal amount of people in vanilla. They didn't increase anything else. Why should they increase this? If they do, then you'll have people demanding them increase everything else like herb spawns.

I agree it's probably going to not be the same as in vanilla due to the population, but that's what we'll have to deal with, just like everything else.

Herb spawns are being worked on I think and SHOULD be worked on. They changed dynamic respawn timers on quest mobs, increased nodes and all of that to accomidate to the way higher playerbase. The system and rates blizzard had in place with vanilla was meant for 2-3k people max
max. When you triple or quadruple that number things begin to break or go out of hand (herbs and flasks costing WAY too much). If the population is this high they need to adjust everything else accordingly. Blizz had a difficulty and time requirement for getting these mats with their population. With ours it will be way too easy. We want the difficulty and experience to be as close to it was as possible.

You are basically saying "this cities infastructure was made for 100k people" and then when the city grows to 300k people you say "lets just keep the infastructure the same, everyone will have to deal with it"

How far do you want them to go here? I just don't understand your point. You want the city to stop growing? Make another city (server) then. You can't just "increase" everything.
Alexensual

Twitch: Alexensual
Twitter: @Alexensual

https://www.youtube.com/c/Alexensual
Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Docholy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:29 pm

Jeddite wrote:
What would be the point in increasing the required materials? You haven't -in my opinion- made a logical argument to support your claim. Can you please clarify why your suggestion needs to be taken live?

READ -> COMPREHEND -> POST

Garfunkel said:
Should these numbers be doubled, to compensate for the larger player base? But then, the PvE realm should certainly have the original Blizzard numbers as they have 2.5k players.

lemme tell u y in a format u mite unnerstand the reason 2 increase the nummers iz bcuz its sposed 2 B a monumental server eff0rt but on a server w/ 8000 players during peek ares the war eff0rt would B completed much sooner than one a classic vanila server so increasing the nummers iz 2 extend the event so that completing the war effort ackshually feels like a server acomplishment instead of something that is completed in a month do 2 the sheer nummer of players on nostrius pvp duh lol ur arguement is invalid.

Wow nice job not comprehending what i posted. I already stated the OP didn't make a logical reason as to why the turn-ins needing adjustment. The argument of more pop means more turn-ins, doesn't equate to a logical reason. Why does it matter that more people are in a server? If its done fast whats the downside as opposed to drawing it out. Its a server accomplishment even if its vanilla numbers. Are you so encapsulated into the blizz like feeling that you would go against blizz numbers to insure its blizz like?
https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime- ... -community
Why stop at Rank 12 you ask? I ask myself that all the time!
Docholy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Snautz » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:21 am

Kezzik wrote:I don't think they should up the amount at all. The server was made to copy vanilla. The problem here is the influx of people on the server. There's 3-4x the normal amount of people in vanilla. They didn't increase anything else. Why should they increase this? If they do, then you'll have people demanding them increase everything else like herb spawns.

I agree it's probably going to not be the same as in vanilla due to the population, but that's what we'll have to deal with, just like everything else.

If the server was created to copy vanilla exactly, it would be capped at 2.5k, Not to mention all of the other custom stuff they have implemented so far, but that's an other discussion.
Your point about people demanding everything else increased by a factor of 3-4 is weak imo. Dynamic spawnrates are already a thing and herb availability is being worked on as well. I can't imagine people demanding anything else tripled if the devs decides to cave in to what OP suggested.
Besides herbs I'd like to hear a new demand you think people might come up?
Snautz
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Plask » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:25 am

zzxx wrote:I think they should be at least doubled.

20 times more. Athairne style
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ana » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:34 am

Yeah, set the required items to 10x blizzlike because reasons, then wonder why people abandon the server when war effort is stuck at 30% for half a year. Best plan
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Kezzik » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:42 am

Snautz wrote:

If the server was created to copy vanilla exactly, it would be capped at 2.5k, Not to mention all of the other custom stuff they have implemented so far, but that's an other discussion.
Your point about people demanding everything else increased by a factor of 3-4 is weak imo. Dynamic spawnrates are already a thing and herb availability is being worked on as well. I can't imagine people demanding anything else tripled if the devs decides to cave in to what OP suggested.

Vanilla had more than one PvP server. Here, we have one. If Vanilla only had one pvp server like Nostalrius, it wouldn't have capped at 2.5k. Your point would make more sense if we had more servers, but we don't. We only have one pvp server.
Alexensual

Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Snautz » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:14 am

Kezzik wrote:
Snautz wrote:

Vanilla had more than one PvP server. Here, we have one. If Vanilla only had one pvp server like Nostalrius, it wouldn't have capped at 2.5k. Your point would make more sense if we had more servers, but we don't. We only have one pvp server.

I get that you want this to be as close to the real deal as possible and choose to ignore the server limitations and all the custom changes we have had so far. Can't say I feel the same way, but different strokes I suppose.

The main reason why I posted though, was to inform you about the fact that server adjustments to match the population have already been implemented and will continue to happen (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27054&p=191864#p191864)
And then I was (still am) curious about what concerned you that people might demand tripled rates of next time around, granted the devs decided to go with this suggestion. Personally the only thing I can think of is ideas like tripled xp rates, which I'm sure never will be taken seriously by the community/staff.
Snautz
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kezzik » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:33 am

I didn't see that they are suggesting increasing black lotus. To me, that is a bad idea. The population is only going to keep increasing. They will eventually have no choice but to open up a new pvp server, or the server will have huge problems.
Alexensual

Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Setup » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:19 am

Many of the resources on the list drop at x1 rates even though we've got an x4 population. Doubling the requirements might be unnecessary because how many raw resources the realm can produce is just as relevant as how many players there are. Yes, we're picking more peacebloom because we have more lowbies leveling all the time, but we're still on a fixed quantity of peacebloom.

Doubling the requirements and having it work elegantly is probably more difficult than you think.

As a side note, the first guild to open the gates took 19 days (with a massive coordinated effort), and the 5th guild took just over a month.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion