Multibox Profession while Leveling

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Multibox Profession while Leveling

by Izumi » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Hi,

just to be absolutely sure. I think the rules are not 100% clear about what I'm going to ask.

Can I have a character in Ironforge crafting 100 Items while I level/grind/mine with another Character at the same time?

I ask because the rules could be interpreted as, while both characters are in a city. I just don't want to get in any trouble.

Using professions, as long as no farming or material gathering is involved;
Crafting, enchanting, banking and/or for trading purposes that does not include the Auction House.

Thank you

Izumi
Izumi
Tester

Re: Multibox Profession while Leveling

by Valandar » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:31 pm

Im just going out on a limb here and saying its not allowed, but what would I know. You'll need a GM or mod reply to verify. But as far as I'm aware you are only aloud to multi box to transfer items from one char to another or work on professions in a city. I dont think you can level one and and work on professions on another, because then you are progressing two characters at once and thats multi boxing at its core.

In general I would avoid dancing on the fine line of the rules here, one false move and you break one rule they will ban you. Be safe and dont multibox unless you are transfering items between characters.
Valandar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Izumi » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:46 pm

Oh another difference you pointed out there.

In my case it would not be progressing the other characters profession. Just crafting already "grey" items or at maxed out profession.

But ya, maybe there is another differnce here :)
Izumi
Tester

by Valandar » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:54 pm

Don't ask me or take what I say and run with it, I'm just stating my interpretation of the rule. You need to confirm with the GMs. But trying to find little loop holes and rules in order to multi box is not smart, and you will probably end up getting banned. Definately not worth the risk.

The rule states all you can do with two chars is trade in the same city, take from that what you will.
Valandar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Setup » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:55 am

It's the "except for the auction house" bit of that rule that's always confused me.
Last edited by Setup on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dish » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:00 am

Wait, so you're not allowed to use the auction house on a 2nd account while leveling on another one? o.O
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Pottu » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:47 pm

Dish wrote:Wait, so you're not allowed to use the auction house on a 2nd account while leveling on another one? o.O

Greetings,

that is indeed not allowed.

Can I have a character in Ironforge crafting 100 Items while I level/grind/mine with another Character at the same time?

The rule of thumb in all multibox cases is that you cannot have two characters active at the same time. Crafting a 100 items is being active. So, don't do it.

But trying to find little loop holes and rules in order to multi box is not smart

This is good advice.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Dish » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:53 pm

Thanks for clarifying.
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Izumi » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:04 pm

Thanks too.

So a secondary account is absolutely useless to me :). I mean why would I have it only for trading?. Everything I send via mail is instantly on any character that is on the same account. Using 2 Clients just for trading 6 items each time consumes way more time than sending 20+ different items with addons like CT_mail.

Just to be clear. I don't have a problem with that but I want every possible feature everyone else is allowed to use too while not breaking the rules.

BTW: You do a great job. Have a nice time

Bye
Izumi
Tester

by Garfunkel » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:11 pm

Create a mage on a second account to use for water/food and portals. Train enchanting on him so he can enchant your gear and you don't have to pay for it more than the mats. That's all I can think of but to be honest, I haven't bothered to do that either.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to General discussion