Question - Terms of Use Agreement

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: Question - Terms of Use Agreement

by JCarrill0 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:47 am

Forgive my ignorance, I guess I am reading and still a bit confused.

Let me ask a simplistic question with a yes or no answer.

For starters let me explain that I do not have more then ONE account here on Nostalrius begins, Second weekend my activity goes up way more then the week (cuz we all gotta work n stuff) so I normally set time aside in the morning to scan the AH. Would i be allowed to make a second account just for the toon to log on, scan the AH and Log off (not auctioning, not trading, not buying) while me and my wife continue on our play time?
Again this is just scanning. Naturally I always assumed no, and haven't been much of the Multi-box fanclub, but knowing this was an options to do, might be helpful to cut OUT the much needed time I set aside allowing me to put more into my playtime.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Valandar » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:54 am

If the GM said crafting on one character while leveling on another is not allowed, I'm going to say no. Just my inference though
Valandar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:49 pm

Valandar wrote:If the GM said crafting on one character while leveling on another is not allowed, I'm going to say no. Just my inference though

So ... no one knows for sure?
Thanks Vala for you interpretation of the question I asked, I do appreciate your feedback.
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Glenzig » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:25 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:Forgive my ignorance, I guess I am reading and still a bit confused.

For starters let me explain that I do not have more then ONE account here on Nostalrius begins, Second weekend my activity goes up way more then the week (cuz we all gotta work n stuff) so I normally set time aside in the morning to scan the AH. Would i be allowed to make a second account just for the toon to log on, scan the AH and Log off (not auctioning, not trading, not buying) while me and my wife continue on our play time?
Again this is just scanning. Naturally I always assumed no, and haven't been much of the Multi-box fanclub, but knowing this was an options to do, might be helpful to cut OUT the much needed time I set aside allowing me to put more into my playtime.

Pottu wrote:
Dish wrote:Wait, so you're not allowed to use the auction house on a 2nd account while leveling on another one? o.O

Greetings,

that is indeed not allowed.

But trying to find little loop holes and rules in order to multi box is not smart

This is good advice.

The GM team.
[/quote]
Glenzig
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by JCarrill0 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:26 am

Glenzig wrote:Copy/Paste

I read the previous quotes already, none of which answered the question. Could you perhaps give some more insight. I think the quotes are not related to my question. I do apologize for you misunderstanding what I was asking for, I did try to be specific.
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Glenzig » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:37 am

JCarrill0 wrote:
Glenzig wrote:Copy/Paste

I read the previous quotes already, none of which answered the question. Could you perhaps give some more insight. I think the quotes are not related to my question. I do apologize for you misunderstanding what I was asking for, I did try to be specific.

What are you not understanding? The question was asked "can I use the auction house on one character while I level on the other?"
Then Pottu responded "That is indeed not allowed."

That directly addresses your question about scanning the auction house with an alt account while leveling on your main account. It was a direct and specific answer to your exact question. I just assumed you had missed it somehow.
Glenzig
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by JCarrill0 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:38 pm

Ah use consists of Buying/Selling, I don't considers an Addon scanning a USE of the auction house, that's why.

I don't see it a violation of the ToUA, Thus why I have the question in hand.

much like they said multiboxing isn't allowed, yet you can log on and trade something and log off, you can log on and enchant something and log off, while multiboxing isn't allowed, I think scanning the Ah and then logging off would be allowed, since I am not actually using the AH to buy or sell (which is what is considers "USE" of the AH. Scanning is not considered an active use since it requires a Mod to do it, thus why I said thank you when I got your opinion of what you think the right answer is.
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Mimma » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:47 pm

I don't considers an Addon scanning a USE of the auction house, that's why.

The important thing here is that GM's does, and therefore it is defined as multiboxing if you also log your main to level meanwhile.
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Glenzig » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:58 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:Ah use consists of Buying/Selling, I don't considers an Addon scanning a USE of the auction house, that's why.

I don't see it a violation of the ToUA, Thus why I have the question in hand.

much like they said multiboxing isn't allowed, yet you can log on and trade something and log off, you can log on and enchant something and log off, while multiboxing isn't allowed, I think scanning the Ah and then logging off would be allowed, since I am not actually using the AH to buy or sell (which is what is considers "USE" of the AH. Scanning is not considered an active use since it requires a Mod to do it, thus why I said thank you when I got your opinion of what you think the right answer is.

So you want to try to use the ah on an alt by forcing a loophole where using the ah isn't actually using the ah? I'm guessing that isn't going to work.
Glenzig
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by JCarrill0 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:10 pm

Mimma wrote:The important thing here is that GM's does, and therefore it is defined as multiboxing if you also log your main to level meanwhile.

This makes a lot of sense, thank you Mimma. I'm just not sure if they do, so I was asking that question.
Thank you for clarifying. Now for a GM to finish with a reply :)

Glenzig wrote:So you want to try to use the ah on an alt by forcing a loophole where using the ah isn't actually using the ah? I'm guessing that isn't going to work.

see my original post if you are confused, sorry I tried to be detailed, I'm no sure how to dumb it down anymore.
I'm not trying to be confusing, and it's more like "before I do, I'm wanting to make sure first", I guess your just assuming I'm going to anyways? cuz that's not accurate.

In the end of this whole question thing, I do get you guys are explaining "YES, we do think they would say no" while I am asking "I know that your sure, but I am not", As I said In my original post, I don't have a second account to do this at all, nor will I until it is ok to do so :)

I don't mean to come across hostile or arrogant towards anyone. I might sound ignorant, and I do appologise for this, I do not have any intention of "doing it anyway, because I think it's ok".

I simply saw a potential reason, and figured I would ask a legitimate question without making assumptions. I do this not because "I think" vs "They think", I am mearly asking so it is known in case due to the fact there is people who try to find "loop-holes" based on "technicalities". "Trying to find loopholes is a good way to get banned" is how i would think the GM's view such matters, however in the case/question I brought up, I would think it is a fair question and they would give an answer directly for such a question.
That is all :)
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Previous

Return to General discussion