Scrap the PVE server.

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: Scrap the PVE server.

by Vesterskov » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:27 pm

Creating a new PvP server and (theoretically) splitting the population in equal halves, wouldn't make the current PvP server a "low-pop" server.

It would still have 5k+ at peak and never less than 1-2k at the lowest, that is not "low-pop" that is still extraordinary numbers.

I definitely support the idea of creating a new PvP server.

And it would for sure not kill the raid scene, as the top guilds on the current PvP server would never quit and reroll unless they felt like they couldn't compete in the current environment.
While giving other guilds a chance at being in the top on the new server, it's a win-win.
Madhatter - 60 Warrior Meatshield

Serenity - 60 Shaman PvP/PvE Healbot

<Dreamstate>
Vesterskov
Grunt
Grunt

by jeremi89 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:29 pm

Jeniwyn wrote:
Glenzig wrote:I still can't figure out why there is so much resistance to the suggestion of a second PvP realm.

I'm against splitting the community and the only way I could get behind a second server at this point is if there were free, instantanious and unlimited transfers between them.

And no duplicate names.

From a developers point of view, all of above mentioned is possible. Even the no duplicate names issue.

Its a matter of decision making. If we push for such a thing to happen long enough, eventually it will. Eventually Viper and Daemon will sit together and talk about it.
jeremi89
Tester

by Heldunder » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:30 pm

the only reason i could imagine them splitting the pvp server would be to split it between euro/US/asia servers, and even then i dont know wich route would be best, but it wouldnt be good either way, having a pop this large is amazing! ive leveled and lived in shitty low pop servers in retail, it was TERRIBLE. servers with only 1000 people feel soooo dead.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by MrDiap » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:32 am

Please don't split. If you want empty sever please consider switching to other realms.
I specifically play here because of huge pop, it is fun as fuck.

I created a character on PvE server and it felt empty. Like I'm playing alone. And yes I'm at that timezone when server had around 800 players. So switching back to PvP was obvious choice.
MrDiap
Sergeant
Sergeant

by dragun » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:14 am

Wont happen. Do you really want to go back to... 100+ crashes a day on PVP?
dragun
Private
Private

by Melgarh » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:45 am

Still missing the important information from the ppl who want the PVP server to split or a new server in general:

1) Who is going to pay for it - new hardware & bandwidth (presuming here that the current HW is stretched thin via virtualization)
2) Who is going to manage it - more GM's and technical engineering staff

Its great that people keep wanting the stuff but they keep forgetting that the folks on the other side that allow us to enjoy ourselves via Classic WoW do have lives and are doing this pro-bono.

Even Blizzard, a multi-billion company, struggled with the launch of WoW as they got 10 times more the population than they originally expected and took them well over a year to sort that out (check the anniversary document).

FIY PVE server is doing great, friendly people, population cap reached, lots of fun & serious business, no toxic environment.
Melgarh
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Glenzig » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:18 pm

Melgarh wrote:Still missing the important information from the ppl who want the PVP server to split or a new server in general:

1) Who is going to pay for it - new hardware & bandwidth (presuming here that the current HW is stretched thin via virtualization)
2) Who is going to manage it - more GM's and technical engineering staff

Its great that people keep wanting the stuff but they keep forgetting that the folks on the other side that allow us to enjoy ourselves via Classic WoW do have lives and are doing this pro-bono.

Even Blizzard, a multi-billion company, struggled with the launch of WoW as they got 10 times more the population than they originally expected and took them well over a year to sort that out (check the anniversary document).

FIY PVE server is doing great, friendly people, population cap reached, lots of fun & serious business, no toxic environment.

I fully agree. From a development point of view it's not as feasible. It's not something that they can just do. I just wonder how much more the 1 pvp realm can handle. It's terribly overpopulated, and obviously that's becoming an issue. People are constantly calling for spawn rate increases, complaining about prices of crafting resources, and server crashes.
I think not splitting could be just as detrimental to the server at some point.
Then again, I don't know the exact time line they have planned. Maybe by next summer they will be rolling out a TBC server, which will naturally split the population somewhat. So I guess ultimately, we just have to wait and see.
Glenzig
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by PanTheSatyr » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:14 pm

OP - I'd ask for my money back if I were you.
PvP Realm
Malachic - Lv 60 Mage (Frost)
Malapriest - Lv 60 Priest (Heals)
Malahunt - Lv 60 Hunter (Bang/Twang)

♫ Dance with Pan and Drink with Bacchus! ♫
PanTheSatyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Crims0nSean » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:55 am

Why get rid of of PvE server and screw over everyone who plays on there? They chose the PvE server for a reason. That reason being they dont want to play on PvP
Dhaub - Undead Mage
Crims0nSean
Private
Private

Previous

Return to General discussion