Scrap the PVE server.

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: Scrap the PVE server.

by DeeMarie » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:16 pm

Scrap the OP, would save on space.
Nostalrused...
DeeMarie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dialects » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:54 pm

Relax. 2k players is actually a good range of what a private server is supposed to be holding.
Dialects
Grunt
Grunt

by Steelbash » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:16 am

are posts here getting dumber??
Steelbash <Warsong Outriders>
Ginovic <Redlords>
Steelbash
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Steelbash » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:16 am

DeeMarie wrote:Scrap the OP, would save on space.

xD
Ginovic <Redlords>
Steelbash
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Codeine » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:24 am

Can we talk about the subject on hand, The fact that the PVP server has too many people on it.
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Steelbash » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:40 am

Codeine wrote:Can we talk about the subject on hand, The fact that the PVP server has too many people on it.

Always finding groups for dungeons , everbody has guild in their own time zone , BGs always active ...

Splitting the server might kill it , this is the best vanilla private server so far , i wouldnt change anything
Ginovic <Redlords>
Steelbash
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Nain » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:36 am

Scrap the PvE server. I agree with Codeine that it was a huge mistake. I disagree on how we should accept transfers when it's closed though. Blizzard didn't allow PvE>PvP transfers for a reason.
† Nain now rests in the arms of our lord. He died a sickly infant at the age of 3 months and 24 days. †
Nain
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dialects » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:49 am

Even if they did scrap the PvE server, where would all those level capped PvE toons go? Nostalrius wouldn't just throw them away like that.
Dialects
Grunt
Grunt

by Dr. Doom » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:10 am

You know, in every single human relations seminar you get to attend and even in basic self-help books, there's this idea that will come as innovative to you.

When someone is doing better than you, rather than wish he were in a crappy position as you are, try to ask for pointers or imitate. Imitation is the highest form of flattery after all.

The PVE server is doing pretty great, what we need is a PvP server that is capped with that population, to split the huge population the main one has. Delay would get better, you wouldn't have such stiff competition for every single node or quest item, and people would get an actual blizzlike experience.

I mean, if you guys read the announcement they made a few days ago, they've stated that tweaking respawn rate on resource nodes, mobs and quest items will be required due to overpopulation, but such thing won't be necessary with the PvE server which is working as it should? Which server is doing better? Food for thought.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Tinkertown » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:13 am

In what zones are people seeing delay?

I remember a few months ago when it was 1s+ delay everywhere but now I havent experienced it at all even when there were over 10k online.

Perhaps I just spend too much time instanced areas.
Tinkertown
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion