Scrap the PVE server.

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: Scrap the PVE server.

by Dish » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:58 am

Dr. Doom wrote:The PVE server is doing pretty great, what we need is a PvP server that is capped with that population, to split the huge population the main one has. Delay would get better, you wouldn't have such stiff competition for every single node or quest item, and people would get an actual blizzlike experience.

Exactly this.
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Codeine » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:39 am

Steelbash wrote:
Codeine wrote:Can we talk about the subject on hand, The fact that the PVP server has too many people on it.

Always finding groups for dungeons , everbody has guild in their own time zone , BGs always active ...

Splitting the server might kill it , this is the best vanilla private server so far , i wouldnt change anything

Did you read what i wrote? An identical PVP server that allowed transfering to it and cross realm battlegrounds is a possible thing. It will help spread out the 10k people over two servers, even if there was 5k on each server it would be overpopulated as fuck.

People said the PVE server would kill the PVP server, it didn't even make a scratch.
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by DeeMarie » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:14 am

Codeine wrote:People said the PVE server would kill the PVP server, it didn't even make a scratch.

No one said this. 70% of the people who connected on the test were unique IPs.

If you want to split the PvP server then petition for that. The PvE server is successful in its own right because it's capped, at 2.5k.
Nostalrused...
DeeMarie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Melgarh » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:21 am

DeeMarie wrote:Scrap the OP, would save on space.

+1
Melgarh
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Dish » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:24 am

DeeMarie wrote:
Codeine wrote:People said the PVE server would kill the PVP server, it didn't even make a scratch.

No one said this. 70% of the people who connected on the test were unique IPs.

If you want to split the PvP server then petition for that. The PvE server is successful in its own right because it's capped, at 2.5k.

PvE server is not capped atm, it had 2.6k pop yesterday.
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ana » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:12 pm

DeeMarie wrote:

No one said this.

Plenty of people said this. I'm not gonna waste time searching for relevant threads, but the argument was pretty persistent and exactly as idiotic as the current one (aka new pvp server = old one dies).
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Glenzig » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:30 pm

I still can't figure out why there is so much resistance to the suggestion of a second PvP realm. Obviously scrapping the pve realm for it is a bad idea, but I agree with the suggestion of a second PvP realm. Two 6k pvp realms with cross server bgs would be better than one 12k server. WoW just isn't designed for more than about 5-6k max.
Glenzig
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Jeniwyn » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:02 pm

Glenzig wrote:I still can't figure out why there is so much resistance to the suggestion of a second PvP realm.

I'm against splitting the community and the only way I could get behind a second server at this point is if there were free, instantanious and unlimited transfers between them.

And no duplicate names.
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by zzxx » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:07 pm

Willing to bet 75% of people asking for a 2nd pvp server are new on nost and new to private servers in general.

Its not a good idea, if you like lower pop play on pve server and stop making stupid threads and stupid post.
Time and space, it's a crossroad through a gate, where do you go?
Getownedlol
Ogtucker
zzxx
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Glenzig » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:22 pm

Jeniwyn wrote:
Glenzig wrote:I still can't figure out why there is so much resistance to the suggestion of a second PvP realm.

I'm against splitting the community and the only way I could get behind a second server at this point is if there were free, instantanious and unlimited transfers between them.

And no duplicate names.

I dont see how it would be splitting the community. It's not like you know all of the 5-6k active players on your side. You'll have your guild and some random from pugs and bgs. If any guilds have alliances, transfers can always be coordinated. And if there was an option for xrealm bgs, that wouldn't be an issue.
I mean, I play on the pve server since it released, so it really isn't a huge deal to me, but you would be surprised how much more enjoyable the game is with 2-3k people on a server.
Glenzig
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion