Time for a RP-PVP server

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: Time for a RP-PVP server

by Sharax » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:09 pm

Adwena wrote:Why do you keep asking for new servers? The awesome thing about Nostalrius is that it supports 4x the normal retail population on a single server which is awesome. You have PvE server with 2.5k pop waiting for you to reroll there.

It may support 4x the normal retail population, but it does so by sacrificing things like draw distance. It's a problem I see every day.

I am a newer player and very appreciative of the work that has been done here. In my opinion, having up to 10K players on a single server isn't what I would view as beneficial. It's like a pack of zerglings flooding over every single quest objective. It is very unblizzlike and doesn't really emulate the feel of retail Vanilla in my opinion.

If the population was carved in half, I think that would be a preferable thing. Of course, I would imagine that would cost money/additional support. I am curious what the leaders of this project think about this and if they do want a more Blizzlike feel, how much of a monetary (or other) contribution would they require from us in order to achieve it?

Or perhaps it's too early in the lifecycle of Nostalrius and maybe natural attrition may occur (new retail expansion, players getting their vanilla nostalgia fill) where a solution isn't required in the longer term horizon.
@CharaxS
Sharax
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Quickbowjob » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:27 pm

Sitting in a 20 minutes AB queue reading this thread..
Quickbowjob
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Kezzik » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:12 am

RP-PVP server is not a good idea with a community like this. I really doubt the staff is big enough to handle it.
Alexensual

Twitch: Alexensual
Twitter: @Alexensual

https://www.youtube.com/c/Alexensual
Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Norjak » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:07 am

Sharax wrote:I love the idea, but one of the big problems on retail is when non-RPers squat on the server and erode the demographics without contributing to the RP community.

Kezzik wrote:RP-PVP server is not a good idea with a community like this. I really doubt the staff is big enough to handle it.

This x2, It would require constant care & feeding by the Nost GMs & their staff probably isn't big enough to manage a specialized realm like that. Otherwise though, it sounds like a decent idea.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by MrDiap » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:47 am

Sharax wrote:
Adwena wrote:Why do you keep asking for new servers? The awesome thing about Nostalrius is that it supports 4x the normal retail population on a single server which is awesome. You have PvE server with 2.5k pop waiting for you to reroll there.

It may support 4x the normal retail population, but it does so by sacrificing things like draw distance. It's a problem I see every day.

I am a newer player and very appreciative of the work that has been done here. In my opinion, having up to 10K players on a single server isn't what I would view as beneficial. It's like a pack of zerglings flooding over every single quest objective. It is very unblizzlike and doesn't really emulate the feel of retail Vanilla in my opinion.

If the population was carved in half, I think that would be a preferable thing. Of course, I would imagine that would cost money/additional support. I am curious what the leaders of this project think about this and if they do want a more Blizzlike feel, how much of a monetary (or other) contribution would they require from us in order to achieve it?

Or perhaps it's too early in the lifecycle of Nostalrius and maybe natural attrition may occur (new retail expansion, players getting their vanilla nostalgia fill) where a solution isn't required in the longer term horizon.

Just wait for a few months when all will level their characters. Then you will be struggling to find anybody for Deadmines run.
MrDiap
Sergeant
Sergeant

by chunass » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:30 am

MrDiap wrote:
Sharax wrote:

Just wait for a few months when all will level their characters. Then you will be struggling to find anybody for Deadmines run.

Wat? There are still thousands of lowbies and there always will be, it's not like people are gonna stop joining the server or making alts. Using your logic most people would have finished leveling in april/may.
Chunass - 60 Night Elf Hunter
Chew - 60 Human Warrior
<Molten Core Swimteam>
chunass
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to General discussion