I think we deserve an answer

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: I think we deserve an answer

by Yak » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:01 am

Doesn't that mean anyone could've kept on farming honor?
It doesn't give anyone in particular an advantage/disadvantage.

Stop being so paranoid.
Yak
Private
Private

by Caretaker » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:14 am

Naulii wrote:
Caretaker wrote:It is even stated on the website that the server does not need to be shutdown for the reset.

This is enough for me to call you stupid.

Are you new? The server is every time offline for a PvP update.

Sleeping, nice deflection. That is enough for me to call you stupid. Focus on something else that was said.
Caretaker
Tester

by Caretaker » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:22 am

Yak wrote:Doesn't that mean anyone could've kept on farming honor?

Stop being so paranoid.

It does. The first standing breaker was sleeping when the honor should have been reset already. If you don't PvP, you don't know. They're all on the friends lists of each other, and they've all observed each others schedules. It's not paranoia, it's observation. Add PvPers to your friends list and you will know at exactly what times they sleep and what times they play. Most of them are quite consistent.
Caretaker
Tester

by Yak » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:30 am

Caretaker wrote:

Stop being so paranoid.

It does. The first standing breaker was sleeping when the honor should have been reset already. If you don't PvP, you don't know. They're all on the friends lists of each other, and they've all observed each others schedules. It's not paranoia, it's observation. Add PvPers to your friends list and you will know at exactly what times they sleep and what times they play. Most of them are quite consistent.

So what you're trying to say is that the time of the reset has been delayed according to the sleeping schedule of one particular PvPer?
Mate..
Yak
Private
Private

by Diametra » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:45 am

Weather patterns on PvE realm were adjused to my guildie's poop schedule. True fact.
Last edited by Diametra on Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Vorfidus » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:50 am

You pretty much answered yourself here, guy.

1. Honor reset must be done manually. This means some guy in France getting time in his day to do it.
2. It's fucking Christmas. They have families. Nobody is conspiring against you, you're just a selfish cunt.
3. I doubt anyone would have time to both GM and rank in PvP (R10+).
4. You say your post had to be approved. Just that, dumbass. That means some forum admin, whether the devs themselves or a GM, had to get around to approving your post. So you didn't have to revise it, but you were so impatient to finger someone else you did because you thought it would "get approved faster." See point #2 above.
5. Quitcherbitchin.
The level of whining about bans on the forums is at an all time industrial level.
Vorfidus
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Caretaker » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:07 am

Yak wrote:
Caretaker wrote:

Stop being so paranoid.

So what you're trying to say is that the time of the reset has been delayed according to the sleeping schedule of one particular PvPer?
Mate..

Finally somebody with some sense who doesn't need to resort to petty name calling. 2 pvpers, and what I'm saying is that, yes, it was a ceased opportunity. The two were sleeping and did not expect honor to still be rolling while they were sleeping. It should have been calculated already. I'm still looking for an answer other than that they simply "forgot" to reset the honor, because we all know that's simply not true on a server like this.
Caretaker
Tester

by Caretaker » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:17 am

Vorfidus wrote:You pretty much answered yourself here, guy.

1. Honor reset must be done manually. This means some guy in France getting time in his day to do it.
2. It's fucking Christmas. They have families. Nobody is conspiring against you, you're just a selfish cunt.
3. I doubt anyone would have time to both GM and rank in PvP (R10+).
4. You say your post had to be approved. Just that, dumbass. That means some forum admin, whether the devs themselves or a GM, had to get around to approving your post. So you didn't have to revise it, but you were so impatient to finger someone else you did because you thought it would "get approved faster." See point #2 above.
5. Quitcherbitchin.

Honor does not take long to reset, it can also be done by more than one person. It's not hard. I know from another server. If they really wanted it reset on time, they would have done it on time. However, it is blatantly obvious they didn't want to. Maybe if this were a smaller server, possibly I would believe that. I'm certain however that this server has multiple people capable of resetting the honor. Also, when the player started making a scene, "magically" the server is shutdown within 10 minutes. Yet another person who believes in big coincidences. They all of the sudden had the time to calculate when the two players logged on? Whatever they "were doing" coincidentally freed up at that exact time? Plausible, but highly unlikely. And no, my other posts were denied. I had to remove a lot of content to get it approved.

And never said that it was directly a GM or admin player. What I'm saying is somebody knows somebody. If you think this isn't possible, you're simply a nutcase.
Caretaker
Tester

by Diametra » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:47 am

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=26378&p=184751&hilit=reset+honor#p184741

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19323&p=124927&hilit=reset+honor#p124927

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15837&p=100689&hilit=reset+honor#p100680

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3257&p=29003&hilit=reset+honor#p29003

Previous delays where the OPs got all antsy. One of them is a four hour delay, one of them a Dev responds with a two hour window when update will probably happen. In other words, it will happen when it happens. Also, as mentioned it's the holidays. In other other words...would you stop already.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Nano » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:58 am

This topic has been address in the past and the player's answers here gave you the full picture. The reset is done manually by one of the admins - a person who has given countless hours to this project and continues to pour their heart and soul into the server. The reset has a set time that is tried to be kept each week but some weeks we're late.
Please report any issues you have to the Bugtracker
Nano
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Previous

Return to General discussion