It's About the Journey

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: It's About the Journey

by Whiskra » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:17 am

I wholeheartedly agree. I've had a few people seemingly taken pity on me after we got the message yesterday, but people should not be sad for my sake, because a blast playing here with great people in a great game. It was a true privilege to get to experience what I did, and I will cherish the memories greatly. The rest is just pixels after all.
Whiskra
Grunt
Grunt

by Ohhgee » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:27 pm

Hammersplat wrote:I remember being in one of 3 groups and a bunch of randoms trying to tag princess in elwynn forest on day one. Ohhgee says something like "you will all have good memories of this moment one day."

crazy man I remember this exact interaction lol. cheers

I can't help but sort of feel like this is a fitting end to Nostalrius honestly. A legendary server is having a legendary ending. Much more dramatic than slowly rotting away while people idle in full T3. The server was literally so good that Blizzard dropped the hammer. We only got 1 short year, but it was a fucking amazing year.

It's kind of like how Biggie is 10x more legendary because he got shot while he was still in his prime.
Ohhgee
Level 60 Human Mage
<NOPE>
Ohhgee
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Alyndra » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:13 pm

great post.

thanks for the games

see you on another realm
Alyndra
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Amimanera » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:29 pm

Ohhgee wrote:
Hammersplat wrote:The server was literally so good that Blizzard dropped the hammer. We only got 1 short year, but it was a fucking amazing year.

It's kind of like how Biggie is 10x more legendary because he got shot while he was still in his prime.

Having a volunteer team get hundreds of thousands of active players while retail is struggling to keep people subscribed must have pissed them off real good. I wish I'd had the chance to see the look on their faces lol.
After declaring "You think you want it but, trust me, you don't", those morons have some nerves taking such harsh actions. Glad I stopped giving my money to those vampires. Also thank you for your great post.
Amimanera
Tester

by Requake » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:37 pm

Well said OG

Stay sticky my friends. See you on the other side
Requake
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Keftenk » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:40 pm

I reposted this on the Reddit thread and it's now at the top. Perfect sums it up.
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/4 ... ostalrius/
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Busdriver » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:06 pm

Beautiful post men, good reminder to everybody migrating to other private servers to just have fun in the moment and don't stress about grinding r14 or farming 5000 hours because one day it will all be gone. The only thing that will matter then are the fun memories you had
Busdriverx @ Kronos Alliance

Busdriverx @ L4G Alliance
Busdriver
Tester

by Rhoen » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:20 pm

I'll miss you Ohhgee. I still remember you helping me and Doomnezeu rank every once in a while =). So many players I'll miss. You too grave! It's a shame because so many friendships will fall to the wayside but it was a hell of an experience. Cherish the memories and the bonds you lot made.

-Belgrund Signing off

PS- lamanca/spanishgod- Even though you got really angry I did have fun playing with you man, wish you the best.

PSS- Theoloras I'm the blacklisted pally with hand of rag, if it was a 4.00 wep I'd totally go ret and force my guild to find another pally officer.
Rhoen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by RedBulik » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:26 pm

Goodbye guys, that was a great journey. Is Naxx comin' doe? :geek:
Kokaina/Warlock/Horde/PVE Realm
RedBulik
Grunt
Grunt

by Xavas » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:40 pm

RedBulik wrote:Goodbye guys, that was a great journey. Is Naxx comin' doe? :geek:

Naxx is coming 2 months after C'thun is dead.
Xavas
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion