TY Nostalrius for the database

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: TY Nostalrius for the database

by Ourk » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:26 am

Nevergrim wrote:u promised us

Nevergrim, give us only one source plz.
Only one.
One.
Ourk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Drain » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:53 am

The database being released is of no benefit if it doesn't land on a good server. They certainly aren't going to leak anything before exploring their options with Blizzard either.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by snawfu » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:28 am

ITT: Vanilla.re trying to claim a way to run their servers
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Gehere » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:40 am

snawfu wrote:ITT: Vanilla.re trying to claim a way to run their servers

How are they doing that?
Gehere
Grunt
Grunt

by melak » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:18 am

Sallerius wrote:Its more bigger game now than releasing data.Fight for legacy servers. Cant believe u ppl signed petition just coz nost player data...

Indeed, the whole thing is to get legacy servers, dont count on seeing your old char again, but if we get legacy you will probably end up with something that wont risk suddently going away.
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Kelissandra » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:24 am

Nevergrim for president!
Vote Nevergrim!
Kelissandra - 60 Night Elf Druid
Mourna - 60 Human Rogue
Shaedya - 60 Night Elf Warrior
Kelissandra
Sergeant
Sergeant

by iflow » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:07 am

Noxm wrote:@Nevergrim ahahah
Pugface - 60 Mage - Les tontons flingueurs
Toolate - 19 Rogue - Immortal Aura
iflow
Private
Private

by Noxm » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:47 am

snawfu wrote:ITT: Vanilla.re trying to claim a way to run their servers

Top kek
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Mimma » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:14 pm

I am pretty sure that after the Nostalrius team have been invited to talk with Blizzard at their campus it would be a bad move to release the database or the source code. It would at least not improve chances to get legacy realms.

If the outcome become void, then Nostalrius could continue the work with releasing database and code - but probably not before that.
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Forcerius » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:17 pm

Sirganksalot wrote:Give the Nostalrius crew a break mate. They've gone above and beyond just to bring you an almost perfect replication of classic and to make legacy servers a reality.

Have some patience. You should have signed the petition out of love for the game, and hope for an official server, rather than expecting it would get you your account back.

This exactly. If they really were doing the work for free, which I believe they were, then that's alot for us to be thankful for because they could be spending time playing the game instead of working on a server for all of us to play. Although I don't know why they folded so easily from the C&D but that doesn't mean their reason wasn't legitimate.

As for the database I wouldn't expect to get your characters back but i'm sure they'll put effort into choosing a server to restore it with. I'd like a fresh start but I didn't have years into my character either, and I know what it takes to hit rank 14 or get full T2 because i've done both in vanilla.
Forcerius
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to General discussion