Fresh start vs old characters (come in)

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: Fresh start vs old characters (come in)

by Sharax » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:12 am

Hmm, not surprisingly, people who invested a lot of time on their toons in Nost want the old data back.

That doesn't mean that's the smart thing for Nost to do if they do relaunch. ;)
@CharaxS
Sharax
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ayumi » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:37 am

Undertanker wrote:People wanting a new start. Wow. I've pulled realm players from some of you, either you didn't play here at all, or didn't support the project. 1% of people who actually played say reset.

Example:

Zazammy: http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer ... er=Zazammy 60, all greens. Stopped playing in January.

Lokrosh: http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer ... er=Lokrosh 60, greens and blues, stopped playing in June 2015.

Many others were not even past level 30 and stopped playing in March or before. Which crowd do you really thing should be catered to? The people who been here since day 1 and supported Nost and made it what it was, or the people who played for a couple months and quit, or couldn't bother leveling their toon.

New comers that were late to the party, you came because of the people that were here before you made it the population heaven you were looking for.

Well, your e-stalking aside it is an interesting question.
It strongly reminds me of retail discussions about the direction WoW went and how Blizz should've listened to their veterans instead of catering to new / casual players, trying to make WoW "better"

I can totally see why you'd want the old data. Otherwise your time and achievement would be a waste and it wouldn't feel as good to grind those feats and all that gear all over again.
Unsurprisingly though, the amount of non-60s or casual players are the majority, so making a fresh start would obviously cater to the mass (just like retail wow did)

I don't mind a new start nor the old data, but I wonder if Nostalrius would gain the same popularity like it did back then when we used the old data.

For the sake of people like you I hope they use the old data, but as I said before, I think the possibility of a new start is greater than them using the old data.
Ayumi
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Undertanker » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:51 am

Ayumi wrote:Well, your e-stalking aside it is an interesting question.

I'm working a 15 hour shift as an IT help desk supervisor and we've had no calls in 4 hours, much less even if they have a question. Gotta keep myself awake :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super long shift update. 1.5 hours to go. I'm afraid to blink or I will fall asleep.

Eyes havn't hurt this much since launch week on Nost.
Last edited by Undertanker on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by tijn » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:00 am

Fresh Start is the best option imo.

I have 2 x 60's but I can see that a fresh start is the best option for everyone long term.

Bring on Nostalrius 2.0
tijn
Private
Private

by onemanband » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:39 am

Fresh start? Kidding me? Is it my fault that you jerked around when the server was still around? You selfish idiots, people have social lives and jobs, not everyone can spend 6 hours a day grinding all over again because you missed your shot.
onemanband
Tester

by phyriel » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:18 pm

You cant call people retarded just because they did kind of overreact due to the announcement. Nobody knew that Nost might come back.

Well, we still dont know today.

Those are the kind of people that take a loan when they see "Doomsday 2017 confirmed" and then whine that it didn't happen cuz they have to pay it back. With all due respect but fuck off scrubs :P
phyriel
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Arucado » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:18 pm

Ayumi wrote:
Undertanker wrote:People wanting a new start. Wow. I've pulled realm players from some of you, either you didn't play here at all, or didn't support the project. 1% of people who actually played say reset.

Example:

Zazammy: http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer ... er=Zazammy 60, all greens. Stopped playing in January.

Lokrosh: http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer ... er=Lokrosh 60, greens and blues, stopped playing in June 2015.

Many others were not even past level 30 and stopped playing in March or before. Which crowd do you really thing should be catered to? The people who been here since day 1 and supported Nost and made it what it was, or the people who played for a couple months and quit, or couldn't bother leveling their toon.

New comers that were late to the party, you came because of the people that were here before you made it the population heaven you were looking for.

Well, your e-stalking aside it is an interesting question.
It strongly reminds me of retail discussions about the direction WoW went and how Blizz should've listened to their veterans instead of catering to new / casual players, trying to make WoW "better"

I can totally see why you'd want the old data. Otherwise your time and achievement would be a waste and it wouldn't feel as good to grind those feats and all that gear all over again.
Unsurprisingly though, the amount of non-60s or casual players are the majority, so making a fresh start would obviously cater to the mass (just like retail wow did)

I don't mind a new start nor the old data, but I wonder if Nostalrius would gain the same popularity like it did back then when we used the old data.

For the sake of people like you I hope they use the old data, but as I said before, I think the possibility of a new start is greater than them using the old data.

Keeping the old servers for the veterans, and making a new one for the newcomers.

"Pleasing the community is the only thing should matter"

remember those words
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by phyriel » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:24 pm

You should please the hardcore community members first tho:) those are the core of the server, that push the fixes, report bugs are most active in life of the server. And those are the ones that stay on server forever. Start listening to low level casual scrubs and u end up with desolated servers, full of bugs everywhere because community is too lazy to actually dig correct info.
Last edited by phyriel on Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phyriel
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Forest » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:25 pm

Example:

Undertanker dropping the knowledge on the casuals of Nost spamming for 'fresh start.' No one who ACTUALLY played on Nost and invested time into their char wants a fresh start. Go roll on Elysium or the PvE server when Nost comes back out.

/Thread
Forest
Sergeant
Sergeant

by phyriel » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:38 pm

I agree, no1 want to take another risk of gearing thru mc and bwl for a year again just to face another shutdown before aq40 and naxx hits. There are plenty of servers that can give you experience of grinding mc and bwl atm so roll those if u want that.

Also to all the people saying it would be hard to reconnect to old char after 7 months... what kind of argument is that lol, why would it be hard to "reconnect" exactly? Is that because u have different keybinds on other server or what? Sure some guilds would need to be rebuilt but that not even a factor if server got enough people back. Especially in the phase in which server was shutdown, when all serious guild were clearing content with their eyes closed and AQ was still few miles over horizon. Tbh it was a pretty stagnant moment.. all the shit was cleared and we were waiting for challenge. So if server comes back up and some guilds struggle to get back all the people back... that right there is your challenge... to rebuild before War Effort starts.

I'm really curious how first few days would look like if old server came back online. I'd expect some mad reopening celebrations... read 24/7 mass world pvp.
phyriel
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion