Fresh start vs old characters (come in)

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: Fresh start vs old characters (come in)

by legacyer » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:20 pm

no fresh start. the most painful thing was do the priest staff quest countless players interfering nobody wanna do this again.... we want our characters back
legacyer
Tester

by Rhook » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:32 pm

Fresh start. Everything else would not be fair since lots of players spend their gold or their stuff in useless things in the last days of Nost. I think a fresh start would attract way more people. But mostly its for fairness.
Rhook
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Arucado » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:37 am

Rhook wrote:Fresh start. Everything else would not be fair since lots of players spend their gold or their stuff in useless things in the last days of Nost. I think a fresh start would attract way more people. But mostly its for fairness.

You talk about fairness and you don't want the playerbase to keep their investment? If you spent your gold or stuff in useless things the last days of nost you are clearly retarded because you never know what can happen in the future.
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by PeaceHammer » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:47 am

I don't know what's gonna happen. Just don't be mad or surprised if we don't get to keep our old toons.
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Rhook » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:16 am

Arucado wrote:
Rhook wrote:Fresh start. Everything else would not be fair since lots of players spend their gold or their stuff in useless things in the last days of Nost. I think a fresh start would attract way more people. But mostly its for fairness.

You talk about fairness and you don't want the playerbase to keep their investment? If you spent your gold or stuff in useless things the last days of nost you are clearly retarded because you never know what can happen in the future.

The server was announced to be shut down in a few days, there was absolutely NO sign that anything like a rebirth with old database or this vanilla riot like it is nowadays could happen. You cant call people retarded just because they did kind of overreact due to the announcement. Nobody knew that Nost might come back.

Well, we still dont know today.
Rhook
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Arucado » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:36 am

Rhook wrote:
Arucado wrote:

The server was announced to be shut down in a few days, there was absolutely NO sign that anything like a rebirth with old database or this vanilla riot like it is nowadays could happen. You cant call people retarded just because they did kind of overreact due to the announcement. Nobody knew that Nost might come back.

Well, we still dont know today.

Yes you do. It is common sense to think it might ever come back. There is not absolutely need to do such of these stupid things such as selling your stuff.

Nobody knew

Exactly, that is why you don't destroy your progress, because you DON'T KNOW.

You never know if your house is going to fire up, and you still have an extinguisher right? this is basically the same.
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Koragon » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:07 am

Either they should release old character data or release a new server.

They should NOT do both. It would undermine the original server with how many normalfags and newcomers want a new server. It would turn Nostalrius Begins PvP, the server where all the magic happened, into another Kronos 1 type deal.
"Mess with the best die like the rest" - Me
Koragon
Tester

by Raven » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

"Fresh start because nobody wants to have to catch up or play on an aged server"

but nost's population continued to rise every month it progressed with new and fresh players.

Raven
Sergeant
Sergeant

by HuMa » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:22 am

If they gonna make Nostalrius 2.0 in a new hosting they must wipe the data base and bring us a new fresh start, keep the old database after 7 months is so dirty... come on, we all had 60s gear and gold and these all shit but i think its a good time to have new experience

I want these low lvl epic pvps again where you spend more time in kill and get revenge than leveling,a lot of people couldn`t have that experiencie cause Nostalrius at the beginning it was not so known, now all the vanilla community knows about nostalrius and they all will come to enjoy that experiencie a the best vanilla server ever.
HuMa
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Undertanker » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:56 am

People wanting a new start. Wow. I've pulled realm players from some of you, either you didn't play here at all, or didn't support the project. 1% of people who actually played say reset.

Example:

Zazammy: http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer ... er=Zazammy 60, all greens. Stopped playing in January.

Lokrosh: http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer ... er=Lokrosh 60, greens and blues, stopped playing in June 2015.

Many others were not even past level 30 and stopped playing in March or before. Which crowd do you really thing should be catered to? The people who been here since day 1 and supported Nost and made it what it was, or the people who played for a couple months and quit, or couldn't bother leveling their toon.

New comers that were late to the party, you came because of the people that were here before you made it the population heaven you were looking for.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion