Is it possible to contribute to Elysium/Nost?

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: Is it possible to contribute to Elysium/Nost?

by Winterflaw » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:53 am

Octarinecore wrote:The same way as before yes

I hope your testing is better than your replies! :-P
Winterflaw
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by _Athena_ » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:53 am

Winterflaw wrote:Simple quick example to start with - because I'm in Germany, their page is in German. I do *not* know how to read German. There is NO option, EVER, to change language. Because, you know, the Internet means we all live in the country we speak the same language as - oh wait, NO IT DOESN'T. Fucking *morons*.

There is a language picker at the bottom right in the footer at the destination page of the PayPal button on their website. And yes, I checked: it exists in German too.
_Athena_
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Norjak » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:48 pm

Winterflaw wrote:Norjak, when you're using Chrome, it reports your unique ID and each URL as you visit it back to Google, who store that information forever. Using Chrome is as such utterly inconcievable. I shudder to know that untold hundreds of millions of people are using Chrome.

I could use Chromium, which has this behaviour removed, but this problem with language is alas only the tip of the Paypal ice-berg. There has been an endless array of insane problems over a considerable period of time, such that I am now on an emotional level utterly allergic to Paypal.

But! thankyou for making a suggestion and trying to help.

I'm sorry, I thought you said you wanted to donate. You obviously just want to whine and make excuses. There are lots of ways around this issue you seem to have. You should be smart enough to figure it out..Good day.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Winterflaw » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:15 pm

_Athena_ wrote:There is a language picker at the bottom right in the footer at the destination page of the PayPal button on their website. And yes, I checked: it exists in German too.

You are indeed correct. I have logged back in, gone to the donation page, and there it is, bottom right.

In the past, particularly when living in Sweden and trying to buy from the UK, and in that case going through different Paypal pages where payment is being made without an account but with a debit card, I am *absolutely* sure there was no possibility to switch out of Swedish.

In this case now, having had that prior experience and others like it, either it was there, and I summarily judged the page (and so did not look attentively enough - although I *did* look), *or* it was not there, or not showing in the visible browser window, at that time - which strikes me as being at least possible, because it seems hard to miss it.

Thanks for letting me know!
Winterflaw
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Winterflaw » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:16 pm

Norjak wrote:I'm sorry, I thought you said you wanted to donate. You obviously just want to whine and make excuses. There are lots of ways around this issue you seem to have. You should be smart enough to figure it out..Good day.

I may be wrong, but I think your perception of the situation is awry. This response seems inappropriate to the situation.
Winterflaw
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to General discussion