best class to herb on?

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

best class to herb on?

by ironskillet2 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:13 pm

I without a doubt in BC it is a druid because of fly herbing.

but for vanilla what do you guys think?

is it paladin since they can bubble herb? is it hunter because of feign death?

can rogues vanish/herb?

I herbed in a mage in nost1 and while it was def good at some things. other classes often snuffed me out on herbs because I just couldnt do what they do. (darn those chinese farmers! lol)

any thoughts?
ironskillet2
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: best class to herb on?

by Undertanker » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:16 pm

Pet classes are nice for this in general. Send pet in and herb while they have aggro. Can sent the pet to a mob further away to kite the ones it has aggro on and then run the opposite direction to make it despawn.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Jeddite » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:50 am

(Tauren) Druid and Shaman are still best at herbalism, given that they can pick flowers in feral forms. Then Night Elf Druid and non-Tauren Shaman. Then Hunters and Warlocks, with pets tanking mobs if needed.
Jeddite
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by EyeOfTruth » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:09 pm

Holy Priest
EyeOfTruth
Sergeant
Sergeant

by metrolol » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:32 pm

A class that's on a server that doesn't have 15k people online?
Herbs were rough on the old Nost, they will be even more rare if you are planning on doing a fresh start.

I'd recommend playing a class you enjoy and would enjoy farming gold in in other ways then just buy the herbs you need.
There was WAY too much competition, to the point that a single stack of herbs that didn't come from DME flower runs would take hours to get.
metrolol
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Agavax » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:08 pm

Druid is great because you can quickly morph to travel form and be on your way if you aggro a mob while picking up the herb. Stealth also helps you sneak in when necessary.
Agavax
Tester

by MadAxeThrower » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:07 am

An Orc Warrior with a 2-Hand Axe, easily the best Class to farm herbs on, you look so awesome and scary, that nobody dares to attack you 8-)
MadAxeThrower
Sergeant
Sergeant

by markofthewild01 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:55 am

Tauren Druid! You can stealth to herbs + get an additional 15 skill points.

Edit : Was thinking of the recent racial. I don't think Vanilla has the faster herbing
markofthewild01
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Takaminara » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:10 am

A warrior with gigantic balls!
Takaminara
Grunt
Grunt

by Drain » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:32 am

Pretty much any class except Warrior can get resource nodes easily enough, unless its ore inside caves. Plants are typically out in the field. There's big differences in the lower levels, but once you're 40+, anyone with a mount will make good time. Warlock/Hunter have it the easiest, since pets are disposable target dummies, but it's not other classes can't jack a node. Root/sleep/sheep/fear/etc.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to General discussion