How hard was raiding on Nostalrius?

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: How hard was raiding on Nostalrius?

by snawfu » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:01 pm

broken rage generation making everything easy as shit
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by metrolol » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:13 pm

Amartial wrote:I prefer to remember World of Warcraft as it used to be not the abomination it has become!

Hello guys!

I'm curious about the Nost Revival in the next few months. I never played Vanilla before, i started during TBC but i want to experience how Classic really was. I played WoD and it sucked, WoW nowadays sucks, mostly because of 100000 difficultys. I loved that not everbody was able to see everything. You had to work for it. I loved Sunwell back then mostly because it was hard af. I want Classic also to be hard, but i dont know how it was on Nost.

So my question is: How hard was raiding on Nostalrius? I mean was it possible to clear MC etc. on the first evening or was it still hard, so you gonna wipe your ass off?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english, its not my mother tongue

You should be happy they added a difficulty for casuals like yourself.
Its odd to me that people say this. They did that so players who aren't serious about the game can at least still view the raid.
But Mythic raiding from MoP onwards is 100x harder than anything in Classic.
As others have pointed out, there wont be a single hard mechanic you will have to deal with until at least Rag, and even then, its mostly a numbers check. The only time you will wipe in MC is when you have unskilled and inattentive players - IE people who would be doing the lower difficulties you scorned from Live.
BWL has some actual mechanics, especially on Razergore and Vael, but in general that too is extremely simplistic compared even to TBC encounters.
You see, these raids were developed before the community started creating addons like threat meters and Raid addon packs like Bigwigs.

You knew nothing about the fight, so a fight like Vael could exist, where not playing super safe on threat was an assured wipe.
But once you have the tools we have now, the only mechanics get handled by an addon.

The first difficulty in Classic comes with AQ for any serious guild, and up until then the great challenges will be keeping 40 people, half of them non-native English speakers who never played Classic themselves, entertained and engaged.

Classic is an amazing expansion, but it really is a grind day in and day out. Its very difficult to keep a healthy raiding population at 1x as most people simply don't have the time to dedicate weekly, and those that think they do end up getting bored.

The only way I've ever seen it work when farming MC and BWL for months is to have multiple toons to do it on and do multiple runs a week once you are clearing MC in 2 hours and BWL in 1 night.
Then its engaging and fun for a serious player.

Otherwise, you are just farming content you have killed dozens of times for months. Might as well be HFC or SoO all over again! No real difference, except you kill bosses in even less time!
metrolol
Sergeant
Sergeant

by phyriel » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:24 pm

Ashix wrote:
phyriel wrote:
smilkovpetko wrote:Razorgore easy solution :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXV1lqIJr9w

Lol they ain't hitting u for shit, 300 hits rofl, what kind of shit server is that? btw that pathing lol, they jumped from the stairs at some point.

Incoming wall of text on why prot paladins are the best thing ever.

Ikr? :P We got some history, but I hope he knows better this time;p, last time he tried to get his point across he got moderated for nazi, terrorist insults.
phyriel
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Amartial » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:30 pm

Thanks for all the answers.
Amartial
Tester

by Mage21 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:33 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:Razorgore easy solution :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXV1lqIJr9w

You should strafe when you kite so you can block instead of eating all those hits from behind, its like watching a video from alpha wow when ppl were clueless...
Mage21
Sergeant
Sergeant

by snawfu » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:34 pm

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam, insults
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Xaeminos » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:03 pm

Pre-Naxx 40. The bosses weren't hard. The logistics were. If you want a 'difficult' raiding experience, retail is much much harder in terms of mechanics and class knowledge. Add on that you had 40 people with a few pieces of gear per boss, gearing up took forever.

But seeing 40 ppl together doing stuff was just plain awesome.
Xaeminos
Sergeant
Sergeant

by DamSlacker » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:18 am

I wouldnt say vanilla raiding was hard. It was just difficult to start each patch and clear without gear. When i started nost guilds were taking 3-5hrs to clear MC. before it got shut down it was down to 1-2hrs because we now had BWL/AQ gear. The mechanics were simple but to control 40 people to it sure was a struggle sometimes. The thing that made vanilla and TBC so fun was the community. Wotlk introduced RDF and made leveling a little more boring and it has just beed dying off little by little since. I like Legion and it is harder to raid because of how fast the mechanics can be but i loved the 40man vanilla community. So at the end of the day if you rather do things in a more solo way stick to retail it will be a little harder on mechanics BUT!!!! lets say you pull an extra mob or 2 in LEgion... big whoop pop a CD and kills it.... that wasnt the case in vanilla.
DamSlacker
Private
Private

by aituul » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:45 am

metrolol wrote:
Amartial wrote:But Mythic raiding from MoP onwards is 100x harder than anything in Classic.
!

Mythic raiding is honestly a joke. I remember clearing mythic siege during mop and being so disappointed with the difficulty. It hasn't gotten any better, EN got cleared within 2 days of release on mythic. WoD was absolutely shit tier when it came to raiding, mythic highmaul was a joke, only difficult fight in BRF was blast furnace, and for HFC most of the bosses up till gorefiend were a joke, and most of the bosses afterwards were a joke. Not to mention how they've pruned all the classes, it's not hard to pay attention to mechanics when your only managing a 3 button rotation.... I'm not really impressed by arms warriors who managed to kill mythic archi either..
aituul
Private
Private

by Kazuma » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:13 am

The difficulty was pretty accurate to the original. Altho Razorgore was a walk in the park compared to Vael :D
Kazumà level 29 Nightelf Rogue
Meteoritis level 29 Human Priest
Kazuma
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion