Catering to new people.

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Catering to new people.

by Khiori » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:23 pm

Why cater to the new people that have never played on your servers before? Seriously why? The players from the PVE server should get a little bit of respect from you. Telling us that we have to wait the longest to get our server back is a terrible decision. Make the new players that want a fresh start server wait till last to get a server. Why put players that may never reach level 60 ahead of established players?
Khiori
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Catering to new people.

by Scamp » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:25 pm

It starts to make sense when you read this answer from their AMA today, a few minutes ago:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ElysiumProject ... g/d9ynsyz/

The main reasoning is that there are things that must be done for each individual server. We had two choices: Launch the main realm as quick as possible to give people the opportunity to play their old characters, or delay all releases significantly in order to push them through at the same time. In the end, the effect of the staggered servers results in us getting a realm out far more quickly. One of the biggest roadblocks to getting each server online is staffing. Each server will require a large GM staff to properly monitor and respond to player needs and questions. One of the biggest ways the community could partner with us to speed the release of servers is having more qualified and trustworthy GMs being willing to volunteer their time and effort.

and other answers on the AMA explain the reasoning behind it. While I agree it sucks for some people but I'm convinced now it's the best decision they could make. You can't please everyone
Scamp
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Khiori » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:32 pm

Scamp wrote:It starts to make sense when you read this answer from their AMA today, a few minutes ago:

The main reasoning is that there are things that must be done for each individual server. We had two choices: Launch the main realm as quick as possible to give people the opportunity to play their old characters, or delay all releases significantly in order to push them through at the same time. In the end, the effect of the staggered servers results in us getting a realm out far more quickly. One of the biggest roadblocks to getting each server online is staffing. Each server will require a large GM staff to properly monitor and respond to player needs and questions. One of the biggest ways the community could partner with us to speed the release of servers is having more qualified and trustworthy GMs being willing to volunteer their time and effort.

and other answers on the AMA explain the reasoning behind it. While I agree it sucks for some people but I'm convinced now it's the best decision they could make. You can't please everyone

None of this explains why a new server would get priority over the old PVE server.
Khiori
Grunt
Grunt

by OGTUCKER117 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:09 pm

i agree they should release pvp and pve together then elysium fresh start like a month later
OGTUCKER117
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Sharax » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:14 pm

Khiori wrote:Why cater to the new people that have never played on your servers before? Seriously why? The players from the PVE server should get a little bit of respect from you. Telling us that we have to wait the longest to get our server back is a terrible decision. Make the new players that want a fresh start server wait till last to get a server. Why put players that may never reach level 60 ahead of established players?

Your premise that only new players will be rolling on the new server is incorrect. The fact that they ARE providing you a server with your old characters is showing you respect, not that an ingrate like you deserves it.
@CharaxS
Sharax
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by markofthewild01 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:31 pm

PvP and PvE servers also both cater to a different community.

The main reason people even level up on a PvE realm is to be able to choose when you'd like the PvP. And that's literally the only difference. After reaching level 20, both realms are completely different in experience. No sane PvE player is going to roll on the fresh realm.

Either way, it is a bit unfair that the new players are getting their fresh start prior to the PvE community, but it does make sense considering they're the fewest.

Valkyrie administration tries to choose what's best for the server. If it means releasing the PvE realm last, so be it.
markofthewild01
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Triumph » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:01 pm

Scamp wrote:It starts to make sense when you read this answer from their AMA today, a few minutes ago:

Do you fucking believe they need 4 weeks for monitoring and respond player questions to launch fresh servers? lol some of you cant see nothing
Triumph
Tester

by Nelythia » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:02 pm

But you assume that everyone who played on PvE so far only played there BECAUSE it was a PvE server.

This isn't true. A lot of people, and me too, joined on PvE because it was new and had a fresh timeline. Not because it was PvE and I couldn't get ganked.

Since I personally have reached one of my goals there I'll stick with the PvE server, but a lot of other players may leave now for Fresh or old PvP since its going to be released last.

We'll suffer with a <1.5k pop again for multiple months and that right before BWL is released...
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Scamp » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:06 pm

Triumph wrote:

Do you fucking believe they need 4 weeks for monitoring and respond player questions to launch fresh servers? lol some of you cant see nothing

Yes, I do. I happen to be a software engineer and I know how tough managing such a large system can be.

Just sit back and be patient and it will all work out. Would you prefer they launch prematurely, have a lot of problems, and give the new dev team a bad rep? I know I wouldn't. If it takes 4 weeks to get it right on the new hardware than that's what it takes. As long as the result is a good server.
Scamp
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to General discussion