Warlock or Mage? Mage or Warlock?

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: Warlock or Mage? Mage or Warlock?

by meddlingmage » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:51 pm

Dodgemade wrote:my god man just pick one

Seriously man, again? I don't want to "just pick one." Some of us don't have 16 days total of /played time to blow by just going with a random class (or however long it takes you to get to 60) just to "hope" we like what we picked (which is exactly what you're suggesting when you say just pick one). Its going to be a long process for me as my time is very limited. We also have several weeks (perhaps months) until the server launches, so why wouldn't I use this time to try and figure out exactly what I want/expect out of a class? That's what the community is for is it not? Conversing? Back and forth? Q&A? Discussion on just about anything you'd like to share/learn about? You are literally contributing nothing to this thread man and its now the second time you've come in just to essentially say "pick a class."

To everyone else, I thank you for your continued help and recommendations for a new player and new comer to this (mostly) great community.
Last edited by meddlingmage on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meddlingmage
Private
Private

by meddlingmage » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:53 pm

Padarius wrote:I play the class that I feel I will be most immersed in. People tend to forget that Classic wow is not about the end game. Play what you feel you will be more connected too. Not what will have slightly higher numbers and will be needed more. This isn't legion...it's not a speed run. Take a breath, think about what you enjoy more personally, then roll with it.

I promose, you will enjoy the game more. Don't be in a rush

I couldn't agree with you more, I'm to the point in my life where I like to experience games rather than "beat" them. I fully plan on enjoying the journey to endgame and taking in whatever lore I feel interested in. I don't have the time to rush anything or be the all knowing raid leader etc. I'm here for the atmosphere and the feels. Thanks :)
meddlingmage
Private
Private

by xxxxNateDaGreat » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:37 pm

Deleted
Last edited by xxxxNateDaGreat on Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xxxxNateDaGreat
Tester

by Lifealert » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:37 pm

meddlingmage wrote:
Thanks for the breakdown, really simple and to the point.

Warlocks get a free mount at 40, is this obtained via a quest? Chain quest? Also when you say "cheaper" mount at level 60 what are we talking gold wise. So how much would say a mage/warrior spend on a mount versus a mage?

When you say warlocks are "super common" on the horde side how common are we talking? I don't really want to be one of the most played classes. I just like the idea of essentially being uncommon on Alliance. Also, I have no idea who/what drakedog/V is? Can you please elaborate?

Whats the deal with alliance warlocks being gimped in PvP against undead?

There should still be some threads on class breakdown per faction here somewhere. Warlock is not the most played class on horde but it is more common than alliance warlocks. Alliance warlocks have a major disadvantage because almost all horde play undead which have a racial that breaks fear. Combine this with tremor totem, which removes fear, pvp trinket which removes fear for most classes, and berserker rage. Now fear is useless a lot of the time.

Drakedog was a Laotian WoW player who made several popular pvp videos during classic and that inspired people to make undead warlocks.

Level 40 mount for warlock is free with no quest chain iirc. Level 60 dreadsteed is a quest chain that will cost you maybe 300g or more but I don't really remember too well. There are summoning items that make the cost of getting the mount significantly higher, but fortunately you can pay someone who has the summoning items to summon the dreadsteed for you. This is what I used to do for players for a low price of 25g.
Last edited by Lifealert on Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by xxxxNateDaGreat » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:43 pm

What builds would you recommend? Soul Link? Siphon Life? Sm Ruin?
xxxxNateDaGreat
Tester

by Lifealert » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:45 pm

xxxxNateDaGreat wrote:What builds would you recommend? Soul Link? Siphon Life? Sm Ruin?

Refer to the sticky threads in the warlock section.
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by xxxxNateDaGreat » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:18 pm

Alright thanks!
xxxxNateDaGreat
Tester

by Malga » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:56 am

warlock
Malga Warlock 60 (active) on Light's Hope
Yeani Mage 60 (pseudo-retired)
Malga Warrior 60 (pseudo-retired)
Malga
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ashix » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:14 pm

Is it true that warlocks become more wanted in AQ40?
Ashix
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Lifealert » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:48 am

Ashix wrote:Is it true that warlocks become more wanted in AQ40?

they play a bigger role on twin emps
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion