Deleted characters and their possible resurrection

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: Deleted characters and their possible resurrection

by Dodgemade » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:49 pm

buuuuuuuuuut it's not fair and reasonable as every response is telling you to go away
Dodgemade
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by notslipry » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:49 pm

dominicc wrote:I understand perfectly that under normal circumstances that deleted characters will never be restored.

Nevertheless I still find it plausible, and perhaps even realistic that miracously they decide to press the restore button. This is after all a new beginning. A new dawn!

I mean why not? And if this is not feasible for all characters, what about individual characters. Perhaps we could even arrange a settlement here and restore characters for the fair price of $20?

I'd say that is both fair and reasonable...

time to relevel noob
notslipry
Grunt
Grunt

by dominicc » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:10 pm

Dodgemade wrote:buuuuuuuuuut it's not fair and reasonable as every response is telling you to go away

Well,

I don't understand the passive aggressiveness of the forum users here, but I do understand that Nostalrius need to finance server hosting. A fair and reasonable price of $20 for character restoration could be helpful. This kind of customer service might have given them around $100 a month alone, given that many find themselves in the same predicament as I find myself in now.
dominicc
Tester

by Heldunder » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:16 pm

dominicc wrote:
Well,

I don't understand the passive aggressiveness of the forum users here, but I do understand that Nostalrius need to finance server hosting. A fair and reasonable price of $20 for character restoration could be helpful. This kind of customer service might have given them around $100 a month alone, given that many find themselves in the same predicament as I find myself in now.

no. No 'pay for' services... EVER.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Pottu » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:18 pm

Heldunder wrote:they stated that they saved the DB the week before the announcement.

No, the DB copy is from "a week" before the closing, so it's a little before the announcement. I do not know the exact time. It could be few hours or even a day or two before the announcement.

As for the OP, Nostalrius has never restored deleted characters. That policy is not changing now. As to what Elysium might do, you should direct questions to their forum.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

Previous

Return to General discussion