Deleted characters and their possible resurrection

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Deleted characters and their possible resurrection

by dominicc » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:09 pm

I was wondering. Will deleted characters be restored on the new Nostalrius server? Or will they forever be unavailable and unrestored?

It has been written somewhere by Nostalrius officials that those characters that were deleted AFTER the shutdown announcement will be restored and available, to much avail for those who indeed regretfully as a reaction did delete their characters under the influence of despair and hopelessness.

It has not however been specified if those characters that were deleted BEFORE the shutdown announcement will be restored and available.

Can we get a confirmation as to whether or not these characters will be restored and available on the new Nostalrius? I mean, it is possible, is it not? Here's hoping!

Thanks for answers and God bles guys.
dominicc
Tester

Re: Deleted characters and their possible resurrection

by notslipry » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:19 pm

No.
notslipry
Grunt
Grunt

by Hoku » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:30 pm

Literally use your brain and search for this excact fucking topic.
Hoku
Tester

by Darkeyez » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:37 pm

Dude, nobody knows at which point they saved the database. Could be two days before the announcement, could be couple of hours. If you deleted your char at least a week before the announcement I would say you're not getting it back.
Resto Druid - <Amelinium>
Darkeyez
Grunt
Grunt

by dominicc » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:57 pm

Darkeyez wrote:Dude, nobody knows at which point they saved the database. Could be two days before the announcement, could be couple of hours. If you deleted your char at least a week before the announcement I would say you're not getting it back.

I deleted my character approximately a month before the shutdown announcement. The chances are therefore slim. Nevertheless all previously deleted characters still exist in the database.

The only thing a server official would need to do is basically to press restore in order to make previously deleted characters available and playable again.

This is why I was wondering if maybe the Nostalrius (and or Elysium) crew would find it in their good hearts to press that restore button and resurrect all previously deleted characters.

I mean, why not? This is after all the new beginning of new beginnings. Did we not say that ALL of Nostalrius was coming back? Logically, this entails that all of Nostalrius should come back. Even those characters that lie buried in the database.
dominicc
Tester

by Darkeyez » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:14 pm

Pointless. You deleted it = it's your problem, nobody gives a damn but you.
Resto Druid - <Amelinium>
Darkeyez
Grunt
Grunt

by Heldunder » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:16 pm

they stated that they saved the DB the week before the announcement.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Lifealert » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:19 pm

You won't get your character back if you deleted your character at most 3 hours before the initial announcement. Which goes to show you that under no real circumstance should you ever delete a character.
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Allora » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:20 pm

you deleted it like a bellend way before.. so it was nothing to do with the realm going down

so live with it lad and level up
Allora - Priest
Karlie - Warlock
Kargan - Hunter

http://youtu.be/H8OxKx6zKkQ
Allora
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by dominicc » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:28 pm

I understand perfectly that under normal circumstances that deleted characters will never be restored.

Nevertheless I still find it plausible, and perhaps even realistic that miracously they decide to press the restore button. This is after all a new beginning. A new dawn!

I mean why not? And if this is not feasible for all characters, what about individual characters. Perhaps we could even arrange a settlement here and restore characters for the fair price of $20?

I'd say that is both fair and reasonable...
dominicc
Tester

Next

Return to General discussion