r14 and playing a paladin

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

r14 and playing a paladin

by MrCer » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:53 pm

So I'm interested in participating in pvp when the fresh server comes out. Not necessarily to grind ranks but to try and enjoy it. However I was planning on healing instead of playing ret. If I did plan on grinding r14, do healers have a harder time with the grind?
MrCer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: r14 and playing a paladin

by Arucado » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:06 pm

MrCer wrote:So I'm interested in participating in pvp when the fresh server comes out. Not necessarily to grind ranks but to try and enjoy it. However I was planning on healing instead of playing ret. If I did plan on grinding r14, do healers have a harder time with the grind?

Holy Paladin is awesome in PVP. But i gotta tell you, you prob won't enjoy grinding to rank14, only from rank13 to rank14 expect to be one or couple months playing 18hours/day (that was the amount of time you needed in Nost PVP in honor weekly peaks, the highest stadings were around 1,1kk honor, yes above 1 million honor).
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by MrCer » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:14 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

Tbh I never planned on grinding r14. I wanted to try and make the pvp aspect of the game enjoyable, rather than make it feel like a chore. Regardless if I can even reach r13, insight on rank grinding from a healers standpoint would be valuable.

Once current content is on farm, all there's left is pvp.
MrCer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theoloras » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:42 pm

If you do go want to go Holy for PvP then I'd recommend going Holy/Reck - at least that way if Horde try to focus you, you can literally 1shot them right back.

Something like this:

21 / 25 / 5 - HOLY RECK SPEC
If you prefer a more hybrid playstyle and your gear has more spell damage on it than pure melee stats, this is a good Reckoning spec to try out - along with 45 sec cooldown on Hammer of Justice stun - it provides great survivability, great healing and the ability to dish out some good Reck bombs with Seal of Righteousness:

You could switch our 5/5 Divine STR for Divine INT but your call
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by vathdaar » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:58 am

if you want to go r14 on a paladin you ll need a premade, and for that you ll be asked to be holy (in any decent prem). So my first tip is to be holy, at least for the journey to make things efficient, then you can switch and lose your time autoattacking.

Moreover, before listening to tips from rats like Theoloras, a guy who has 0 clue about pvp or paladins, dont waste a second looking at that paladin build. As i said you ll be asked to be holy, luckily for paladins, we can play "hybrid" and play holy/reck specc, which would end up being something like this :

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sVyuMxoZVGz0Thx

What theoloras linked lacks talents in Conc. aura ( meaning u ll have pushback, remember your main rol is to heal and just "switch" to 2h to unleash the bombs, thats it)
-He put talents in armor rather than in Defense (thats a selftaste, imo defense is better since forces enemies to run with a higher hit% and they might miss crucial attacks, but w/e), this one would stack with both ZG enchants giving a nice amount of defense btw ;)
-He didnt put 2 main talents (you re so shit bro), which are 10% to resist fear and disorienting effects , in the holy tree.
-If you re going to unleash reck bombs you ll do it with SoRighteousness, therefore you want 5/5 in improved SoR.
-And for the first holy talents, you can go either STR or INT, who cares.
<GOD>
Lord of the <Local Ungoro Mafia>
Curator <NOPE>
vathdaar
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Nedland » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:35 am

Theoloras wrote:If you do go want to go Holy for PvP then I'd recommend going Holy/Reck - at least that way if Horde try to focus you, you can literally 1shot them right back.

>Holy reck
>literally 1 shot them

I thought memes are not allowed on this forum
Nedland
Grunt
Grunt

by kegboy123 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:01 am

holy/reck does 1 shot with good gear but you have to worry about valkyrie not implanting losing charges by changing from shield to 2 hander
kegboy123
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Sevvy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:36 am

If you like PvP healing, Paladins are great. If you ever want to hit someone with a 2-handed weapon, roll a Warrior alt. Don't be an auto-attacking shitlord. :)
Sevvy - Gnome Warrior

Nice weapon chain, shitter.
Sevvy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theoloras » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:57 am

vathdaar wrote:if you want to go r14 on a paladin you ll need a premade, and for that you ll be asked to be holy (in any decent prem). So my first tip is to be holy, at least for the journey to make things efficient, then you can switch and lose your time autoattacking.

Moreover, before listening to tips from rats like Theoloras, a guy who has 0 clue about pvp or paladins, dont waste a second looking at that paladin build. As i said you ll be asked to be holy, luckily for paladins, we can play "hybrid" and play holy/reck specc, which would end up being something like this :

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sVyuMxoZVGz0Thx

What theoloras linked lacks talents in Conc. aura ( meaning u ll have pushback, remember your main rol is to heal and just "switch" to 2h to unleash the bombs, thats it)
-He put talents in armor rather than in Defense (thats a selftaste, imo defense is better since forces enemies to run with a higher hit% and they might miss crucial attacks, but w/e), this one would stack with both ZG enchants giving a nice amount of defense btw ;)
-He didnt put 2 main talents (you re so shit bro), which are 10% to resist fear and disorienting effects , in the holy tree.
-If you re going to unleash reck bombs you ll do it with SoRighteousness, therefore you want 5/5 in improved SoR.
-And for the first holy talents, you can go either STR or INT, who cares.

So I'm a rat am I?

God you are a dumb kunt...have you ever even played a Paladin?

Concentration Aura = 35% chance of ignoring spell interruption
4/5 Spiritual Focus = 56% chance of ignoring spell interruption
1/3 Imp Conc Aura = 5% chance of ignoring spell interruption (plus silence and interrupt)
= 96% chance of ignoring spell interruption otherwise known as pretty fucking good

since 5/5 Spiritual Focus + Concentration Aura = 105% chance to resist otherwise known as overkill

Go for +10% armour or go for +10 Def it's a personal choice - I go for the extra armour since you're going to get hit in PvP regardless anyway so might as well lower the incoming melee damage as much as possible on every single attack - plus you cannot block/dodge/parry any incoming melee attack while casting a heal either.

As far as 2/2 Unyielding Faith, it is well known on private servers (was on Feenix) that it doesn't even work so gg on you if you want to test it out.

If you are doling out healing as well as Reck Bombing then you will also be lower on mana overall, thus necessitating mana to put into your Seal and Judgements so better to pickup Benediction in the Ret tree.

And finally, Imp SoR is by far the weakest talent in the build given the fact THAT IT DOESN'T SCALE WITH GEAR BRO!!!

That's right it's a shit talent and will only boost the base dmg to both Seal and Judgement of Righteousness.

If you wanna waste your more of your precious points on a shit talent then be my guest.

Geld's Revised Guide to the Paladin Class 08/25/2006
Improved Seal of Righteousness (5/5), increases damage dealt by Seal of Righteousness by 3/6/9/12/15%
A very weak talent, possibly the weakest in the holy tree. Only get this if you’re a tank. It works exactly as advertised.

http://web.archive.org/web/200611102258 ... 1828&sid=1

PS You only went 2/3 Imp Hammer of Justice lol - so you're gimping your uptime on the best stun in the game especially in competitive PvP?

Right and I'm the baddie...
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by vathdaar » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:18 am

so you rather have 96% and 4% to be pushed back rather than 105% and higher chance to resist silence (basic stuff for a hpala). Ger ur shit together bro.
10% resist fear and disorienting works, this aint feenix.

I didnt read the rest, there is a reason you re considered a meme between the vanilla community, so im nobody to enlighten you into the right path, keep being a retardin fool who uses literally 5 binds x) i think that prooves enough
<GOD>
Lord of the <Local Ungoro Mafia>
Curator <NOPE>
vathdaar
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to General discussion