can't remember my old User name and pass

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

can't remember my old User name and pass

by lala » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:29 pm

can some one help me i don't really remember my old account user name and it's password
but only email and character name.how can i retrieve this info??
lala
Private
Private

Re: can't remember my old User name and pass

by Noxm » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:07 am

Culpa wrote:Check your WTF folder. It has folders with the names of every account you had
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Franchesca » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:05 am

Just not password.
Franchesca
Tester

by lala » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:43 am

Noxm wrote:
Culpa wrote:Check your WTF folder. It has folders with the names of every account you had

don't have WTF because i have deleted the game before
only name of character and email.
lala
Private
Private

by Arx_1 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:59 am

There is data recovery software you can use.

If you still own the hard drive that you had installed the WoW client on, you can run the data recovery software on it, and it will retrieve your client as well as the WTF folder containing your account name.

This process can take a long time and depending on software used, might be annoying to shift through all deleted files to find the one you need.
Arx_1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by lala » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:11 pm

the problem is that i have made a format to my pc lately.and i didn't save the data from it.
lala
Private
Private

by Arx_1 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:32 pm

lala wrote:the problem is that i have made a format to my pc lately.and i didn't save the data from it.

A data recovery software will still be able to retrieve the data.

It takes several full formats as well as full "write zero" passes in order to fully erase data on an HDD.

To fully erase data on an HDD, you will need to perform:

1. Fully format the HDD.

2. Completely fill the whole surface of the HDD with zeroes (write zeroes) with a software such as Western Digital LifeGuard Diagnostics (1).

3. Fully format the HDD (2).

4. Completely fill the whole surface of the HDD with zeroes (write zeroes) with a software such as Western Digital LifeGuard Diagnostics (2).

5. Fully format the HDD (3).

6. Completely fill the whole surface of the HDD with zeroes (write zeroes) with a software such as Western Digital LifeGuard Diagnostics. (3)

7. Fully format the HDD (4).

8 . Completely fill the whole surface of the HDD with zeroes (write zeroes) with a software such as Western Digital LifeGuard Diagnostics. (4)

This procedure is also explained in the US Govt document DoD 5220.22-M Data Wipe Method [US DOD Wipe Standard].

If you have only formatted your hard drive only once, 99.9% of your old data is still in there and can be easily retrieved.
Arx_1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by lala » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:49 pm

Arx_1 wrote:
lala wrote:the problem is that i have made a format to my pc lately.and i didn't save the data from it.

A data recovery software will still be able to retrieve the data.

It takes several full formats as well as full "write zero" passes in order to fully erase data on an HDD.

To fully erase data on an HDD, you will need to perform:

1. Fully format the HDD.

2. Completely fill the whole surface of the HDD with zeroes (write zeroes) with a software such as Western Digital LifeGuard Diagnostics (1).

3. Fully format the HDD (2).

4. Completely fill the whole surface of the HDD with zeroes (write zeroes) with a software such as Western Digital LifeGuard Diagnostics (2).

5. Fully format the HDD (3).

6. Completely fill the whole surface of the HDD with zeroes (write zeroes) with a software such as Western Digital LifeGuard Diagnostics. (3)

7. Fully format the HDD (4).

8 . Completely fill the whole surface of the HDD with zeroes (write zeroes) with a software such as Western Digital LifeGuard Diagnostics. (4)

This procedure is also explained in the US Govt document DoD 5220.22-M Data Wipe Method [US DOD Wipe Standard].

If you have only formatted your hard drive only once, 99.9% of your old data is still in there and can be easily retrieved.

no time.
lala
Private
Private

by birday » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:39 pm

You have no time but expect others to spend their time? k
birday
Sergeant
Sergeant

by snawfu » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:25 pm