Not getting caught by Blizzard (me)

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Not getting caught by Blizzard (me)

by Bartolo » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:03 pm

Hi there.

I've just transfered my toons to Elysium yay! Now is there a way that Blizzard don't find out and ban my retail account? - Don't kill me, but please any sugestion? Should hide Elysium under a proxy/different pc or something?
Bartolo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Not getting caught by Blizzard (me)

by Henke » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:25 pm

There is no way that will ever happen. They are not interested in "catching" you.
Henke
Grunt
Grunt

by Arucado » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:38 pm

They would never ban you as they prefer you to keep paying them which you probably will do again.
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Norjak » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:57 am

Arucado wrote:They would never ban you as they prefer you to keep paying them which you probably will do again.

This. The cost of "catching" somebody is greater than the money they would be losing if they banned your account. Plus, they are only going after people who operate the servers - I'm not a lawyer, but if you purchased a retail copy of Vanilla if becomes more difficult to show there is any legal breach of contract, etc since if you bought the software, and you are still using it as it was sold, then there isn't really anything wrong from the customer's point of view.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Denbts » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:34 am

Bartolo wrote:Hi there.

I've just transfered my toons to Elysium yay! Now is there a way that Blizzard don't find out and ban my retail account? - Don't kill me, but please any sugestion? Should hide Elysium under a proxy/different pc or something?

They won't ban you. They don't want to do that.

They think they do, but they don't.
Denbts
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Killershama » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:13 am

I have asked this myself from time to time ,an in conclusion there no way they would be able to find out if you are playing a older version of the game. Some people even have had both retail and private servers running at the same time, if that makes you feel better in some way.

I have never heard of a player being banned for playing an older version of the game. The only bans I see deal with botting/expliots/verbal harassment. So don't worry about it.
Killershama
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Bartolo » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:37 am

Yes, ok, so I think all of you have a good point. I also never heard of anyone banned for playing on a private server, but you know I am normally "the unlucky one who gets caught".

I will try to play both versions at the same time just to overcome my fear. Thanks everyone!
Bartolo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Nostalrius News » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:28 pm

This is simply not going to happen, unless you blatantly advertise your retail account to blizzard, or scream it on their forums. I've never heard of anyones retail account being banned for playing on a private server.
Nostalrius News
Private
Private

by Arx_1 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:31 pm

Bartolo wrote:Hi there.

I've just transfered my toons to Elysium yay! Now is there a way that Blizzard don't find out and ban my retail account?

No, there isn't.
Arx_1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to General discussion