Since the devs ignore this huge issue, maybe pottu can help.

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Since the devs ignore this huge issue, maybe pottu can help.

by Melancholia » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:14 pm

Hello!

So the devs messed up big time regarding the legacy mounts being purchasable.

Not only that, they made an server wide announcement that they're aware that these are up for sale. So everyone rushed to buy them before it'll get hotfixed.

In my opinion this deserves either a rollback or removing those mounts from all these players.
I worked very hard on nost to be able to get exalted with darnassus so i could buy the pre-armored mounts before the 1.4 patch.
It was a very nice accomplishment, which took several months to finish. There was realy few of us that managed to get this before it was gone.

Later comes AV, and cloth turn-ins which makes it very easy to grind reputation from the other races. However the legacy mounts are now gone so that doesn't matter. I got something special to show for my hard dedication: My prearmored mount, while rest of the players have to get their armored ones.

Then come the server re-launch and this bugg was introduced, so the vendors sells the old mounts. Which makes it very easy for most players on the server to buy these due they're basicly exalted due only playing AV and so on.
10k players were online during the announcement and i saw players rushing to buy these mounts. So all my hard work and efforts are basicly for nothing, because now everyone and their mother has these mounts. That should've been a limited edition.

Sure it's just a mount you may think. But now i've nothing to show for my hard work and dedication and i'm sure others that also made the grind feels the same way. When you're in ironforge/sw atm there's so many ppl got these old mounts that they shouldn't have which takes away their speciality/rarity.
Could compare it to raiding and legendarys, imagine if everyone got a free legendary. It wouldn't feel or be special then.

I asked the devs if they will be removing these mounts that is illegally gotten due this bugg.
But i'vent gotten a single reply back.
Maybe pottu can forward this issue to them?

I think it got hotfixed on the PvP server, however you can still buy em on the PvE server.
This left a very sour taste in my mouth, and it killed all the hype coming back to nostal.
Tho i might go play on the new server to remake this achivement, but i still lost months doing this in vain. Due morrowgrain grind is quite painful, and expensive. You also have to do every single darnassus quest starting from lvl 1 to maximize the reputation gains.
Melancholia
Private
Private

Re: Since the devs ignore this huge issue, maybe pottu can h

by Nostalrius News » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:30 pm

I certainly can see how that would be discouraging to someone who worked hard to obtain it. Maybe it will be hotfixed, as it was a bug. I think they are focused on getting the servers stable atm though. I can imagine they hit the ground running and are incredibly busy.
Nostalrius News
Private
Private

by birday » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:36 pm

wrong forum retard.
birday
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Forcerius » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:03 am

I agree with you, and that sucks. There should be a rollback but its still up to them so we'll see. However, there's still the possibility of doing it again on the fresh server and maybe that wont happen.
studyquran.org/resources/Quran_Reformist_Translation.pdf
Submission to God alone and doing good work is the only path to Paradise.
Peace be upon you.
Forcerius
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Norjak » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:11 am

Wrong server.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Nelythia » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:16 am

That happened in like late january, early february on Nost PvP too and after making them aware of it they've removed every pre 1.4 mount that was bought from vendors and resend the Gold per mail.

Elysium should (or at least could) do the same.
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Melancholia » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:23 am

birday wrote:wrong forum retard.

Norjak wrote:Wrong server.

I'm aware of that, but i'vent gotten much response from twitter or reddit, so figured i'll try here due pottu is quite active around here. And pottu is working on this project still.

Forcerius wrote:I agree with you, and that sucks. There should be a rollback but its still up to them so we'll see. However, there's still the possibility of doing it again on the fresh server and maybe that wont happen.

Yea, i might consider doing it again on the new server but i dunno. I've rerolled so many times now to diffrent servers so would be nice to settle down somewhere.

Nostalrius News wrote:I certainly can see how that would be discouraging to someone who worked hard to obtain it. Maybe it will be hotfixed, as it was a bug. I think they are focused on getting the servers stable atm though. I can imagine they hit the ground running and are incredibly busy.

Yea, they're busy for sure. I'd just like to get some kind of message that they aknowledge this issue and they will be adressing it in the future once they get the time/manpower to do such.

Nelythia wrote:That happened in like late january, early february on Nost PvP too and after making them aware of it they've removed every pre 1.4 mount that was bought from vendors and resend the Gold per mail.

Elysium should (or at least could) do the same.

That's good to hear that they atleast got a system so that in theory it would be possible to fix this issue.
Let's hope they will do that once they get the time needed.
Melancholia
Private
Private

by Seanimoose » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:44 pm

Yeah, was this even really a bug though? We didn't get the Nost server, we only got the toons.
Seanimoose
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Karaq » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:46 pm

"Huge issue" .....
At least you have your character back. This is a very unsignificant problem compared to the 5k queues
Karaq
Tester

by Norjak » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:34 am

It's not insignificant when you consider how zealously the original Nostalrius project treated stuff like that, even going so far as to threaten bans if players didn't delete certain quest rewards if the quest wasn't supposed to be in game yet.
In light of the project's history, I do hope they don't forget about this issue. It threatens the devs' integrity if they just sit back and do nothing, in the long run. (Of course, there are more pressing issues.)
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to General discussion