Serious question to Pottu.

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Serious question to Pottu.

by Arucado » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:22 pm

First, if you read this (i know you will) please, make the favor to respond. I need an answer to this because im getting a little bit desperated.

How long will take Elysium to have established Gamemasters online and assigned persons to respond the Ingame tickets and the "Support&help" forum section?

Im asking this because i opened a ticket ingame like almost 2 days ago and didn't get an answer yet, and i look into the Support and help section on the web, and i see a dozen of threads where people asks for help and 0 replys in every single one of them.

I know the server has been opened for just 3 days and there are a lot of people with issues, but still we need to have some order and someone to help people with their problems. It feels like asking help from a cage full of chickens, no one listens... now seriously, what can we expect from this?
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: Serious question to Pottu.

by Forcerius » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:58 am

I used to do web hosting tech support and unless you had a good amount of trained employees it was extremely difficult to keep up with the ticket queue for a few reasons, and the queue continues to grow so you get further and further behind.

- People can immediately submit tickets whenever they want and as many as they want. That includes morons with non-issues and people who repeatedly submit the same ticket expecting a faster response, which ironically causes the opposite.
- It takes a long time for one person to process a ticket, and only a minute for someone to submit one, because most issues require investigation, time to fix, and time to reply.
- It requires employees (as obvious as that sounds), and they're probably short handed, understandably.

So I agree that it sucks not having support, or even a delay, but the only way to remedy that is to volunteer yourself or encourage others to do so because they're aware of the tickets and working on it. And they're silent because its a waste of time to reply to criticism like that while they're fixing other important issues.
studyquran.org/resources/Quran_Reformist_Translation.pdf
Submission to God alone and doing good work is the only path to Paradise.
Peace be upon you.
Forcerius
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Nelythia » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:24 am

Its very easy to answer in support threads in the forum. You don't need to be online, you don't need to be at your home. You just need a browser and your login credentials, then you can answer support threads.

A lot of GM's did/do that often from mobile phones, for example.

Tickets on the other hand require an GM ingame (well, there was at least on nost a web option) in 90% of the cases.

Also each GM doesn't have every permissions they need for specific issues. GM's have very limited powers and can't assist with issues like missing items, or other stuff.

Tickets like "hey, im stuck in this chimney (in front of scholomance..)" take like 2 minutes at max.
Tickets like "Hello, I have this issue regarding an item that vanished from my character/mailbox and I can't find out what happened, could you please investigate and recover it?" take a few days because an actual higher up has to investigate them.

Anyways, GM's most likely focus on the ingame issues right now since a lot of bugs (some even unknown before) happen.

Players are welcome to help in the forum threads, too. I've answered multiple player support threads as a player with the exact same answer a GM would've given.
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Pottu » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:07 pm

I have answered over a hundred and fifty tickets each day since launch and so have all the other senior GMs. Yes, the response time is not ideal for everyone but we prioritise tickets where the maker is online. As Nelythia said, not every GM can handle every issue and if your issue is complicated, there will be a delay in sorting it out. We will clear this mountain eventually. It doesn't help that many new players are completely clueless about our rules and we have to do basic things like explain how a PvP realm operates and so on.

Incidentally, this shows why we could not launch the fresh server simultaneously - we're stretched already with two realms.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Guybrush » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:12 pm

Pottu wrote:It doesn't help that many new players are completely clueless about our rules and we have to do basic things like explain how a PvP realm operates and so on..

Is telling them to read the rules, close the ticket and move on not a possibility?
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Arucado » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:56 pm

Thank your for the answer Pottu, ill wait then.
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Nostalrius News » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:31 pm

Pottu wrote:I have answered over a hundred and fifty tickets each day since launch and so have all the other senior GMs. Yes, the response time is not ideal for everyone but we prioritise tickets where the maker is online. As Nelythia said, not every GM can handle every issue and if your issue is complicated, there will be a delay in sorting it out. We will clear this mountain eventually. It doesn't help that many new players are completely clueless about our rules and we have to do basic things like explain how a PvP realm operates and so on.

Incidentally, this shows why we could not launch the fresh server simultaneously - we're stretched already with two realms.

Completely understandable and people need to understand how overworked you guys are. Remember people, this is FREE!!
Nostalrius News
Private
Private

by adela.lonlife » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:42 am

Completely understandable, this is FREE!!
adela.lonlife
Tester

by Pottu » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:40 pm

Guybrush wrote:
Pottu wrote:It doesn't help that many new players are completely clueless about our rules and we have to do basic things like explain how a PvP realm operates and so on..

Is telling them to read the rules, close the ticket and move on not a possibility?

It is but it it still takes a little time. It adds up.

To ease your mind Arucado, we have now pretty much cleared the backlog almost completely, so ticket response times should be far more tolerable. But again, it also depends on your issue.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

Return to General discussion