It is not Nostalrius Core on Elysium, am i right?

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

It is not Nostalrius Core on Elysium, am i right?

by Sogarez » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:26 am

Bugs are different, mob progs are different, drop rates are hell different... We were promised to have old Nostalrius Core on Elysium servers, but all we got is Valkyrie Core with all it downsides. Sad.
Sogarez
Tester

Re: It is not Nostalrius Core on Elysium, am i right?

by Nelythia » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:49 pm

I confirm, feels very different.
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Nostalrius News » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:26 pm

They state that it is the same core, so I believe it is. Perhaps there are bugs, simply from merger the server data over.
Nostalrius News
Private
Private

by Mimma » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:30 pm

It is definately not the same core. There are too many changes in the mechanisms.

It might be possibly the core is the original Elysium / Valkyrie one, and only the database is from Nost.
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Pottu » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:02 pm

It is Nostalrius core but it has been worked upon quite a bit. I can guarantee that to you 100%. Otherwise we could not have had 13k players online on PvP realm earlier today.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Arx_1 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:52 pm

Pottu wrote:It is Nostalrius core but it has been worked upon quite a bit. I can guarantee that to you 100%. Otherwise we could not have had 13k players online on PvP realm earlier today.

Pottu, the others have a point. I can't play on the PvP server because of the 6k people queue almost all day, but I played on the PvE server. Here's what I noticed:

1. Green item drop rates are broken. Check the AH. There are about 18 (one and a half pages) of the item "Hunting Bow" up on auction at the same time whereas there should have been one or two in a Nostalrius server. This is just an example.

2. Profession gain rates are broken. I noted 100% gain rate on professions regardless of the colour of the item worked upon, i.e. "green" skilled items grant a gain point 100% of the time and so do "yellow" skilled items.

These are just a couple of the things I noticed.
Arx_1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Seanimoose » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:42 pm

I agree 100%.

BWL felt pretty Nostlike, but that's about it.

It took me about 5 minutes in game to realize this wasn't the Nost server at all.

The only thing we got from Nost was our toons and maybe some raid scripting.

Pretty much false advertising.

Whatever !
Seanimoose
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Aquane » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:44 pm

Pottu wrote:It is Nostalrius core but it has been worked upon quite a bit. I can guarantee that to you 100%. Otherwise we could not have had 13k players online on PvP realm earlier today.

is onyxia fearing too much? i think onyxia fearing every 15 seconds on p3 is too often, though maybe im wrong
just an example, dont got any others since im a raidlogger
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Arx_1 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:25 pm

Would like to add that quests reward far too much reputation with Factions and as a result, my Night Elf on PvE server became honored with Darnassus at level 10 after having completed approx 7/10 the Teldrassil (StartinG Area) quests.

Normally, on Old Nostalrius this should have happened around level 20.
Arx_1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by gambinho » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:52 pm

hm there are quite a few bugs that werent there on original nost.. i dunno
gambinho
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to General discussion