I still love Nostalrius!

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

I still love Nostalrius!

by Dojan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:52 am

Guys, you never know what´s behind all this! Maybe former Nost Staff Members got some kind of pressure of Blizzard or anything else we don´t know.
And they have to distance themself from private servers, but without changing anything for us, the players. For sure they didn´t expect Elysium to shut down, but had to demand it. Sacrifiing their reputation rather than our oppurtunity to play.

Would you yourself risk your RL-Head for a game? They probably already took a huge risk giving Elysium the code and database!

It hurts me to see how quickly people seem to have forgotten all the good they brought us! The only reward they ever got for their efforts was the gratitude of the community.
Even if you disagree: thank Nost for the past and Elysium for the future good times we´re going to have with this game.

I am forever gratefull that they gave me the oppurtunity the relive the past and formed a strong community and movement! Thank you Nostalrius!
You guys showed me the difference between a "pirate server" to make money and a passion driven Fan Server!

Again thank you, I will remember you forever <3

Edit: Found a nice video, I 100% agree to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrWdKrs-W-8
Last edited by Dojan on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dojan
Tester

Re: I still love Nostalrius!

by Thothy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:05 am

Dojan wrote:Would you yourself risk your RL-Head for a game? They probably already took a huge risk giving Elysium the code and database!

It hurts me to see how quickly people seem to have forgotten all the good they brought us! The only reward they ever got for their efforts was the gratitude of the community.

Basically, this.

After reading all whiner posts on the forum, I actually hope that Elysium would re-consider the issue, and erase ALL former Nost characters. Including mine. For reading the shit on the post, the loud, brainless ungrateful dickheads around here don't even deserve their chars anyway.
Thothy
Tester

by Norjak » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:20 pm

Dojan wrote:Would you yourself risk your RL-Head for a game? They probably already took a huge risk giving Elysium the code and database!

It hurts me to see how quickly people seem to have forgotten all the good they brought us!

+1
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by EyeOfTruth » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:30 pm

Thothy wrote:Basically, this.

After reading all whiner posts on the forum, I actually hope that Elysium would re-consider the issue, and erase ALL former Nost characters. Including mine. For reading the shit on the post, the loud, brainless ungrateful dickheads around here don't even deserve their chars anyway.

+1
EyeOfTruth
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Healyheals » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:36 pm

If you give someone a gift, you don't have the right to take it away at a later date. Would you call someone who got upset at that a loud, brainless, ungrateful dickhead? Be happy you had the gift before I took it back?

If they're actually in RL trouble, they're lying to our faces about their motivations here and claiming this is better for legacy.

We're very grateful for Nostalrius and everything that's happened, but after handing off the torch, doing a complete 180 on us, and hurting the project goal the majority of us believe in, is insulting to say the least.

People have every right to be upset.
Healyheals
Private
Private

by EyeOfTruth » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:28 pm

This service Nostalrius offered was for public use. Provided to you by staff with their time and commitment. Saying its a "present" offered to you exactly shows the same selfish entitlement what delusional people feel cuz you know... feelings.

If things happened for juridical reasons, staff members have every right to protect their identity, personal life and their families. Tho entitled people - cuz feelings... of course have right to join staff members family dinner and sit between the staff member and his wife.

What is the goal you are missing right now? Or is it somehow changed after the announcement?
EyeOfTruth
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Healyheals » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:42 pm

The few remaining staff representing Nostalrius do not represent everyone who's worked on the core. What about all the Nostalrius staff now volunteering for Elysium? What about the players who paid for the Nostalrius servers? What about the hundreds of players who spent their time in bug reports assisting with improving the core?

And again, there are no mentioned juridical reasons, if there are, they're lying to us about their motives.

The goal I mentioned is proving the demand for vanilla exists; the more people playing, the better. Telling Elysium to not use Nost core sets us back, and spits on everyone who put work into improving it.
Healyheals
Private
Private

by Ektelion » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:22 pm

Norjak wrote:

It hurts me to see how quickly people seem to have forgotten all the good they brought us!

+1

It's not about forgetting what these people have done, its about them lying! a child can spot that they're lying and there's something happening behind the scenes which obviously they dont want to officialy say it.

That's all.
Ektelion
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Healthycoww » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:51 pm

Don't get me wrong, I love(d) Nostalrius... But you went to Blizzards doors and listened to them humor you for just long enough to not be around to distract people for the launch of Legion. They launched their new expansion, and went right back to the "You think you do...but you don't." mentality.

It's over. The officially endorsed legacy realms dream is dead. Face it. It's dead. Why not refocus your efforts on -actually- reuniting the community with a private realm. What's wrong with that?

You've taken the first step in locking that god awful announcement. Why not go the full mile and just delete that shit. That announcement was a 'fuck-you' to the people that supported your project. I really do hope you weren't surprised by the backlash.
Healthycoww
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by notgunnahappen » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:20 pm

Well they locked the announcement thread so atleast we know they've read the responses and realize what a shitshow they caused.
notgunnahappen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to General discussion