Vanilla vs TBC, in world PvPish point of view

Discussion forum related to TBC Server.

Vanilla vs TBC, in world PvPish point of view

by Simonich » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:58 pm

I have a tiny bit of a dilemma.

I see many people, perhaps including me in my guild truly interested in TBC, we're all fans of world pvp, but im sure at least most of us dislike the ranking system, or generally the gearing-up progress.

While yes, we been getting into PvE and shit, it is still in debate as of if we're all gonna move to tbc or all stay in vanilla.

First of all and obviously, tbc gonna have dem flying mounts, which is really really bad for me and unattractive to my community, and generally to all world-pvp people. But personally i love the concept of the world pvp objectives set in 4 zones of outlands, and dominating them for our faction. An opposed faction member with the same mindset might wanna capture them too, resulting in a lot of world pvp.

Aside by that, the gearing up progress is much more simplento my impression, right? You aren't always forced to keep up with your rank in a mindset of "the more you get the better" endlessly, your progress doesnt go backwards and you feel more free to continue it anytime.

I dont like the existance of a city being a sanctuary, there are plenty pros and cons in mind in general, many other things to choose, anyway, what do you think?
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Re: Vanilla vs TBC, in world PvPish point of view

by Ashix » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:04 pm

Like I said in the other post. If you don't like flying mounts. Don't play on the TBC server.
Ashix
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Trinat » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:14 pm

Why is this even a question? Not like a real TBC Server will come out any time soon, this stuff ist stock MaNGOS with nothing fixed, play vanilla till it gets old ( won't take that long lol ) and then play TBC, and i u dont like flying just don't do it
Trinat
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Basard » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:55 pm

Well you can't stop TBC for being TBC with core features like that.
Agree with what Ash said, if you don't like it i'd suggest sticking to classic wow.
Basard
Grunt
Grunt

by Uzephi » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:14 pm

No auction houses in Outland. There is still places you have to go in Azeroth. You can still wreak havoc in capitol cities. Not everyone will be rich enough at the start to buy epic flying meaning they would be no faster than a ground mount. You cannot mount up while in combat. You cannot capture objectives in PVP zones without being on the ground, unstealthed. If none of these positives make you happy or somewhat content with flying in Outland, just stay in Vanilla.

edit: basic flying was 1000g TOTAL and was 60% flying speed (slow as all heck) epic was 5000 total and you had to buy an epic flying mount. That is the 280% speed.I think the gryphons/bats were 1000 and IF you got exalted with the shatari skyguard, those were 900 and the dragons were at least a month of daily grinding if not more to get one of them.

Mounting up still was a cast and if put back in combat would stop the cast, just like a normal ground mount... It wasn't as easy to fly away as you remember, except for druids and instant flight form.
Last edited by Uzephi on Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Simonich » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:16 pm

Hey hey hey flying mounts was just a big con for tbc, nothing else. Personally im only familiar with vanilla, not that much with tbc, so im asking you, does wpvp really die in tbc or do people exagerrate? Is there plenty of wpvp going in tbc that can be at least compared with vanilla? Perhaps the population is to the world-pvp'ers advantage?

Let me rephrase the question, what is better for world pvp? But alongside taking consideration class balance and the entire gameplay in general, even zone style.
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Uzephi » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:21 pm

Simonich wrote:Hey hey hey flying mounts was just a big con for tbc, nothing else. Personally im only familiar with vanilla, not that much with tbc, so im asking you, does wpvp really die in tbc or do people exagerrate? Is there plenty of wpvp going in tbc that can be at least compared with vanilla? Perhaps the population is to the world-pvp'ers advantage?

Let me rephrase the question, what is better for world pvp? But alongside taking consideration class balance and the entire gameplay in general, even zone style.

wpvp didn't die. I had my best PvP battles trying to keep halaa. Azeroth still has no flying. wpvp didn't die on my server until half way through wrath when all us veterans started quitting.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Simonich » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:21 pm

Uzephi wrote:No auction houses in Outland. There is still places you have to go in Azeroth. You can still wreak havoc in capitol cities. Not everyone will be rich enough at the start to buy epic flying meaning they would be no faster than a ground mount. You cannot mount up while in combat. You cannot capture objectives in PVP zones without being on the ground, unstealthed. If none of these positives make you happy or somewhat content with flying in Outland, just stay in Vanilla.

edit: basic flying was 1000g TOTAL and was 60% flying speed (slow as all heck) epic was 5000 total and you had to buy an epic flying mount. That is the 280% speed.I think the gryphons/bats were 1000 and IF you got exalted with the shatari skyguard, those were 900 and the dragons were at least a month of daily grinding if not more to get one of them.

Mounting up still was a cast and if put back in combat would stop the cast, just like a normal ground mount... It wasn't as easy to fly away as you remember, except for druids and instant flight form.

Lovely point that one about the auction houses, havent thought of that!

Also, the mount cast was still 3 sec? So might not be that different from mounting up and running in vanilla aswell, thats good to hear.
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Simonich » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:24 pm

Uzephi wrote:
Simonich wrote:Hey hey hey flying mounts was just a big con for tbc, nothing else. Personally im only familiar with vanilla, not that much with tbc, so im asking you, does wpvp really die in tbc or do people exagerrate? Is there plenty of wpvp going in tbc that can be at least compared with vanilla? Perhaps the population is to the world-pvp'ers advantage?

wpvp didn't die. I had my best PvP battles trying to keep halaa. Azeroth still has no flying. wpvp didn't die on my server until half way through wrath when all us veterans started quitting.

Sounds delightful, i had similiar ambitions to have huge battles in places like Halaa! And you meant that your guys started quitting in the middle of wrath?
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Uzephi » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:25 pm

Simonich wrote:Lovely point that one about the auction houses, havent thought of that!

Also, the mount cast was still 3 sec? So might not be that different from mounting up and running in vanilla aswell, thats good to hear.

Yes, mounting up speed was still 3 sconds. I don't think that changed until Cata or MOP.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to TBC Server Specific discussion